Italia 2008 Bike Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navigator

If I have done this right. Those going on the Italia trip who are interested in Bike to Bike Comms please let me know your make and model of system and radio if you have one. IE autocom 7 pro and motorola k910. If you want to be really helpful you could look up the frequency range that it broadcasts on and let me know. Then I will put all the info together and see if we can all have a lovely chat.
One bit of information. Everybody using bike comms must use push to talk and not voice activated systems.
OK any questions?:nenau

PaulBDE - Comms

Details as follows

System - Starcom 1
radio - Midland G5 PMR 446
Frequency - 446.00625 - 446.09375 (MHZ)
Comms method - PTT

Nobody else interested in talking to anybody on the trip?

DV8 Coms Detail

Thanks for the nudge !

Details as follows

System - Autocom Avi Pro
radio - Kenwood TK-3201
Frequency - 446.00625 - 446.08125 (MHZ)
Comms method - PTT

I have just been on the autocom website looking at the radios. Man that is a pants website to try to figure out how to spend your money. I got bored in the end. Think it will be easier to call them and get them to figure out what I need than give myself a headache

Autocom

I have to agree with you Navigator, you should have to put the thing together ! :eek Its a good system, but all the leads and connections 1 year on from BMW fitting it, I finally have, all the additional (nickle and dimed £££) leads and its all working ! Then managed to induce noise from the cable routing :blast.

No pressure but is anybody actually interested in bike to bike comms? If people have a comms but are interested in bike to bike but don't know what to choose then I will do some digging to help you choose what is needed. If people are not interested then I will close this thread and continue taking the mick out of everybody.

Nav, I'm interested! Just bought Autocom Kit 300. My order of preference for spending will be: Zumo, Music (I-pod?), phone connection (dongle or what?) and lastly a Coms radio. Hope to get all wired up for June.:)

I have an additional Kenwood TK3201 radio if someone needs to borrow one to complete there set up ?

No cost, just bought a couple for work ;) and more then happy to lend a unit for someone on the trip if you have all the other bits to make it B2B.

No cost, just bought a couple for work ;) and more then happy to lend a unit for someone on the trip if you have all the other bits to make it B2B.

I'd be interested in borrowing one if that is ok with you. I will get the relevant power and comm cable for it. :thumb2

Starcom 1
BTB - Midland G5 PMR 446
Freq - 446.00625 - 446.09375 (MHZ)
PTT

No problem,

Think I owe you one for the family getting into Excel show for a £ound :thumb

If you need to know what parts you will need let me know as I have just set mine up.

I'd be interested in borrowing one if that is ok with you. I will get the relevant power and comm cable for it. :thumb2

No problem,

Think I owe you one for the family getting into Excel show for a £ound :thumb

If you need to know what parts you will need let me know as I have just set mine up.

Thanks! :thumb2 :bounce1 :bounce1

Autocom and Kenwood 3201 it is :D

Can we have call signs for everyone :bounce1

Right, Ive got Autocom all set up, all I need now is a PMR radio:) The thing is though, I won't need it for any other time except the Italy trip, so if anyone is going who has two sets, would you care to loan me your second set for the duration? Rent paid in beer or wine?:D

Pablo:beerjug:

Okay I got the lowdown from GSRich on Autocom systems. Here is what he said;
Our older systems form around 5 or so years ago run 5 pin headsets and our
later systems run 7 pins increase the headset volume levels by around 300% due
to running independent earths on the speakers. Although the headsets have
changed the bike to bike connections all still run via 5 pin connections. So
PTT will be our Parts 1457 is they are our older Pro M1's or Eurocom's etc.

In-ear speakers will run via our Parts 1187 or 1188 on our 7 pin systems or a
Part 27 £25 on the older 5 pin systems all depending on the models.

The GPS's all run different connections so for this I will need to know models
of the GPS and the full correct name of the intercoms being used.

Kenwood wise we have not sold the Part 100's etc for the last 5 or so years
they have been replaced with the Part 102's for the older Kenwood TK3101's,
they are NOT suitable for the TK3201 though. The leads are quite short so our
Part 1512's would be needed per bike to extend the transceivers out, but if you
are running the Kenwoods up to the front of the bikes two leads might be needed
per bike.

On the radios, the Alan can run via part 1434 £17, the Wintec via a special
build interface lead costing £35.
Different brand comms can talk to each other as they would run via the
transceivers, so once all the channels have been set away you go. The only real
thing you will find is how clear the radios are due to the different brands of
headsets and transceivers.!!!

Me again;
So a few pointers. Things like the Kenwood are about #120 quid each. because these are better systems then you should get better preformance. The thing is how ofter will you actually use the system? Can you justify the expense? Something like the alan may be good enough. I am going to try to get some info on them from people and will come back and post.

Speakers. Personally I have never been able to get on with the autocom speakers at all. I have now got some shuer E220s I think they are. These are in ear speakers that act as earplugs and the sound goes straight to your ear because they fit so deep into your ear. I have used them with my mp3 player and they are freaking fantistic. But horses for courses or curses depending on if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom