Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italia 08 - Information Updates

Thumbs up Thanks Paul

Top man

All files received and uploaded onto the Zummo.

Mucho excitedo now!!!

All that's left to do is wash and check the bike over, slap a few stickers on, fill it up with juice and see you all at the ferry on th 14th. Simple innit.

07875 304772
    Thanks Paul

T minus 9 days

Thanks Paul.

Routes & waypoints successfully transferred to my GPS.

Ferry Crossing

Nice one Paul...Thanks

I feel I might have missed something somewhere along the line...(Probably at the last meeting I guess..)

But what time is the ferry crossing...when and where are we all to meet up..???

I know I'm being a pain...but I'm getting sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

G

Navigator
    Carrots Charger and myself have booked accommodation in Dover on the Friday so if anybody fancies meeting up for a beer/dinner I am sure we can sort something.

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Carrots Charger and myself have booked accommodation in Dover on the Friday so if anybody fancies meeting up for a beer/dinner I am sure we can sort something.

There's Lyn & myself, Seamus and Sue , and Steve (Stemo) booked into Clare house on Folkestone Road..... sounds like a plan

the Netherlands...Hiding behind the dykes...

synchronized watches...

Bloody hell talk about organized! It sound like a crack commando raid on Italy! I'm guessing Paul you're not big on the flip-a-coin-at-the-intersection-left-or-right style touring???

(secretly I'm very jealous )

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Kiwi View Post
    Bloody hell talk about organized! It sound like a crack commando raid on Italy! I'm guessing Paul you're not big on the flip-a-coin-at-the-intersection-left-or-right style touring???

(secretly I'm very jealous )
    Not sure it would work too well with a group this size.
    Reminds me of a (possibly apocryphal, but nevertheless funny) story about an italian army convoy in Somalia. Nighttime convoy crossing the desert, second vehicle loses sight of the tail-lights of the lead vehicle, but resights it sometime later and resumes following. Only problem was that its wasn't the tail-lights of the lead vehicle, but the tail lights of the last vehicle in the convoy. Apparently the convoy kept circling in the desert until they ran out of fuel.

I'm sure we won't be having any of that on this trip

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    There's Lyn & myself, Seamus and Sue , and Steve (Stemo) booked into Clare house on Folkestone Road..... sounds like a plan

I'm booked in at the Longfield Guest House Folkestone Road

See ya soon

Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    Nice one Paul...Thanks

I feel I might have missed something somewhere along the line...(Probably at the last meeting I guess..)

G
    I think that we are meeting at 7am just through the customs/passport control before you get to the ferry kiosk.

Can someone confirm the above please?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I think that we are meeting at 7am just through the customs/passport control before you get to the ferry kiosk.

Can someone confirm the above please?
    I asked Baron a few weeks ago & he told me our outward ferry is 07:55 & our return is 18:20. (local times)

Just read this on the P&O site..

Dover-Calais

This is the update for 14h00 on Friday 6th June 2008.

Customers will notice a heightened police presence at ports and are advised to check-in promptly or a little early to accommodate increased security checks.

Me to

Quote Originally Posted by pablo666 View Post
    I'm booked in at the Longfield Guest House Folkestone Road

See ya soon
    Im also booked into the Longfield.

It is my intention to push off from Northampton around 6.30pm, so if anyone wants to meet up and travel down with me, I will appreciate your company.

Cheers

Paul

Meeting Time

Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    Nice one Paul...Thanks

G
    We are to meet at the ferry terminal. Once you go through the first ID check, you follow the road round to the right and there is a parking area before you go into the main passport control.

We need to meet at 7am.

I have just got back from Poland, and have experianced the new security measures, which involve a passport double check/swipe thing, and it really takes a while.

Officially, we have to be there 45 mins before sailing, so I would say, get to the terminal for 6.45am to be on the safe side.

Cheers

Paul

Navigator
    Don't do mornings me. I'm even going to miss breakfast. Mr Grumpy is coming to town

To all collecting at Dover on the Friday Night if Paul hasn't already got it organised, let me have mobile numbers and we can call to arrange point of meeting.
    Navigators booked the room but not exactly sure of accomodations location.
    Carrot

PS GPS Details have been transferred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast