Italia 08 - Information Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrots Charger and myself have booked accommodation in Dover on the Friday so if anybody fancies meeting up for a beer/dinner I am sure we can sort something. :beer:

Carrots Charger and myself have booked accommodation in Dover on the Friday so if anybody fancies meeting up for a beer/dinner I am sure we can sort something. :beer:

There's Lyn & myself, Seamus and Sue , and Steve (Stemo) booked into Clare house on Folkestone Road..... sounds like a plan :thumb

synchronized watches...

Bloody hell:eek: talk about organized! It sound like a crack commando raid on Italy! I'm guessing Paul you're not big on the flip-a-coin-at-the-intersection-left-or-right style touring???

(secretly I'm very jealous )

Bloody hell:eek: talk about organized! It sound like a crack commando raid on Italy! I'm guessing Paul you're not big on the flip-a-coin-at-the-intersection-left-or-right style touring???

(secretly I'm very jealous )
Not sure it would work too well with a group this size.
Reminds me of a (possibly apocryphal, but nevertheless funny) story about an italian army convoy in Somalia. Nighttime convoy crossing the desert, second vehicle loses sight of the tail-lights of the lead vehicle, but resights it sometime later and resumes following. Only problem was that its wasn't the tail-lights of the lead vehicle, but the tail lights of the last vehicle in the convoy. Apparently the convoy kept circling in the desert until they ran out of fuel.

I'm sure we won't be having any of that on this trip :thumb2

Nice one Paul...Thanks :thumb2

I feel I might have missed something somewhere along the line...(Probably at the last meeting I guess..)

But what time is the ferry crossing...when and where are we all to meet up..???

I know I'm being a pain...but I'm getting sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

G :beerjug:

I think that we are meeting at 7am just through the customs/passport control before you get to the ferry kiosk.

Can someone confirm the above please?

I think that we are meeting at 7am just through the customs/passport control before you get to the ferry kiosk.

Can someone confirm the above please?

I asked Baron a few weeks ago & he told me our outward ferry is 07:55 & our return is 18:20. (local times)

Just read this on the P&O site..

Dover-Calais

This is the update for 14h00 on Friday 6th June 2008.

Customers will notice a heightened police presence at ports and are advised to check-in promptly or a little early to accommodate increased security checks.

Me to

:):)I'm booked in at the Longfield Guest House Folkestone Road:):)

See ya soon:beerjug:

Im also booked into the Longfield.

It is my intention to push off from Northampton around 6.30pm, so if anyone wants to meet up and travel down with me, I will appreciate your company.

Cheers

Paul

Meeting Time

Nice one Paul...Thanks :thumb2

I feel I might have missed something somewhere along the line...(Probably at the last meeting I guess..)

But what time is the ferry crossing...when and where are we all to meet up..???

I know I'm being a pain...but I'm getting sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

G :beerjug:

We are to meet at the ferry terminal. Once you go through the first ID check, you follow the road round to the right and there is a parking area before you go into the main passport control.

We need to meet at 7am.

I have just got back from Poland, and have experianced the new security measures, which involve a passport double check/swipe thing, and it really takes a while.

Officially, we have to be there 45 mins before sailing, so I would say, get to the terminal for 6.45am to be on the safe side.

Cheers

Paul

Don't do mornings me:thedummy. I'm even going to miss breakfast:spitfire. Mr Grumpy is coming to town:mcgun:mcgun:mcgun

To all collecting at Dover on the Friday Night if Paul hasn't already got it organised, let me have mobile numbers and we can call to arrange point of meeting.
Navigators booked the room but not exactly sure of accomodations location.
Carrot:thumb2

Im also booked into the Longfield.

It is my intention to push off from Northampton around 6.30pm, so if anyone wants to meet up and travel down with me, I will appreciate your company.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul, sounds like a plan:)
Any idea of a RV point to meet?:)

Paul

Ferry Update - Important!!!!

Gents, we have had a change to our scheduling.

our outbound ferry departure time has changed to 08.25am

The ferry terminal address is

Travel Centre
Eastern Docks
Dover
Kent
CT16 1JA

Our return sailing is 18.25pm

This means, that with increased security, you need to be at the meeting point (see other post) for 7.15am

If you have any problems on the journey to the ferry, phone me asap

See you all on Friday night for a pint or Saturday for the boat

Cheers

Paul

Guys,

As you will be aware, I have been in the process of changing my job, so not really been around to update the site all that much!

I have spent today getting all the final costing together, and will also be the end of this week post a new set of GPS routing.

The difference between what you have now and what you will get is:

1. The map set is corrected regarding seasonal avoidance

2. The daily routes will now show central lunch meeting points

3. A waypoint is added for meeting Flash & Trassa

4. A waypoint is added for meeting Stolzy

I have also sent you today a spreadsheet that details all the accommodation costing for the upcoming tour.

As well as some info on outstanding costs - please come back to me on that one.

hi paul, you have not e mailed me the files and dont laugh but whats a v 5 document :eek:

To all collecting at Dover on the Friday Night if Paul hasn't already got it organised, let me have mobile numbers and we can call to arrange point of meeting.
Navigators booked the room but not exactly sure of accomodations location.
Carrot:thumb2

Whay you expect me to remember??? Somewhere in Dover, got it written down some where and I might even remember t bring it with me.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom