Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Italia 08 - General Postings Thread

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Not 100% sure.

Anyone have this info?
    the lodges are the same level of service as B&B - but check the websites - via the accom thread.

Paul

Deleted Member I
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    I'll guess at the same place as this
    Do we really have to ride that. Looks like a shit road to me ... it isn't straight

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Do we really have to ride that. Looks like a shit road to me ... it isn't straight

It'll be even shitter if the weather's bad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/w...pe/index.shtml

Click the fwd arrow.

Does blue mean nice ambient temperatures, lavender scented air, local women smiling & waving as we ride past, low fuel costs, traffic free roads or is it just rain on our entire route from Calais to Rome?

I don't care!
    Just be prepared for a bit of wet weather & treat it like the holiday we've all been waiting for!

If the weather's bad we can just re-route to 'fastest route' & get leathered at the campsites.

Deleted Member I
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerphil View Post

Click the fwd arrow.

Does blue mean nice ambient temperatures & lavender scented air?
    bollox to rain

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    bollox to rain
    Agreed, there's nothing we can do except dress accordingly.

It rained non-stop when I toured Ireland & I had a great time (in the evenings)

Besides, dirty GS's make great photographs!

Navigator
    Agreed, there's nothing we can do except dress accordingly.

It rained non-stop when I toured Ireland & I had a great time (in the evenings)

Besides, dirty GS's make great photographs!
    THEY LET YOU INTO IRELAND WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING.

Anyway the weather has been approved for next next Friday. Dull and overcast in France but getting fine aas we go into Italy. I have a friend in Milan. I will be getting daily weather reports from him. If it rains then da boyz in da blue suitz with da violin cases will be payin him a visita

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    THEY LET YOU INTO IRELAND WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING.
    My Mum was a Kelly so they had to let me in!

Outstanding memory was stumbling into a bar in Killarney & asking the band if they knew any Neil Young, straight away they banged out Heart Of Gold.

The best band in the world (for that night)

Navigator
    Excellent photo. A true expression of a night on the p155. As an aside I used to deliver a van load of baps to one Restaurant every 2 days during the Rose of Tralee. Something like 145 dozen baps if memory serves.

Uh Oh!

Then you won't want me to tell you that (at least here on the French/Swiss border) its been raining felines and canines for the past week - currently 11C.
    I looked at the webcam at the stelvio yesterday and the road was covered in fresh snow and foggy.

This will all change of course, forecast suggests an improvement next week. I'm crossing everything I've got a pair of

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    I'm crossing everything I've got a pair of

That must be painful. How do you sit down?

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    I looked at the webcam at the stelvio yesterday and the road was covered in fresh snow and foggy.

This will all change of course, forecast suggests an improvement next week.

http://webcam.popso.it/stelvio.php?CAMERE_PASSO

Navigator
    There was a lot more people there the last time I was up it 2 years ago. Darn that is depressing/.

But nancy looks dry at the moment

Weather

Click the fwd arrow.

Does blue mean nice ambient temperatures, lavender scented air, local women smiling & waving as we ride past, low fuel costs, traffic free roads or is it just rain on our entire route from Calais to Rome?

I don't care!
    Just be prepared for a bit of wet weather & treat it like the holiday we've all been waiting for!

If the weather's bad we can just re-route to 'fastest route' & get leathered at the campsites.
    You can check the MSN site for Italy's 10 day forecast here:

http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?w...ns=wc:USTX0647

I'm sure that when we have crossed the alps it will be sunny and warm, but we always knew that if we were going to get it, it would be Calais to Nancy - so no surprises there then!

Still, think positive, you could be at work instead of riding your bike on an adventure through Europe

Paul

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast