The Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulbde

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is this section, Baronlebon - Minister of Transport :eek: will update on the following:

Final method and details for transiting the channel

List of riders that have paid their transit fee.

At the moment, as we are still waiting for final numbers (see key dates) we are not yet sure as to if the ferry or train will be our means for reaching France.

It is my own feeling the whilst the ferry is a nice way to start the trip, the train does save us an hour, which means for a more relaxed ride on the other side - and we do have a few miles to roll on the first day!

Initally, we have seen that ferries will be around £ 50, with the train around £ 72, thus we have asked for channel crossing fees of £ 72 (worse case) with the diffrence being refunded on the 14th.

Everyone will receive an e-mail shortly with where to send the cheque etc.

What I do know for sure, is that deals are their to be done, and Eurotunnel have already confirmed that with 15 bikes, we can get a discount to reach ferry levels.

Payments received - as of Feb 24th

Richard T - DV8
Phil T - Panzerphil
Paul B - Pablo666
Graham J - Gippo
Declan D - Navigator
Mark Simpson -Fuddy
Ken D - Major Gadget
Allan B - Panal
Seamus
Bryn & Lyn
Stevo
Big Dave
Novice
Carrots Charger

Last edited:
Rally Point in France - Day 1

For those of us not crossing the channel with the main group, there will be 2 rally points to meet up with the main body of the group on day 1.

1, Reims

2, Campsite at Nancy

Vectis and Flash, I assume you are coming in from Le Harve?

As soon as Baron has confirmed touchdown time for Calais, we will post a meeting time for Reims, and hopefully you can sort your crossing times to suit.

Stolzy, please confirm when you are planning to rendezvous with us.

Paul

Paul,
Best if I rendevous with you just across the french-swiss border in Basel (there is a parking spot immediatly the other side of the customs post) - I can then lead you through the byzantine new tunnel/bridge system in Basel which has been specifically designed to block GPS signal.
The whole convoy will have to stop there to buy their vignettes (SWFr40 each), so you should be easy to spot :)
John

From portsmouth

Hi Paul

There's an overnight that gets into Le Havre at 8am on the 14th, that would fit I think, and return is 5pm on 23rd,

Hi Y'all.
The following cheques have been received.

Mr A M P Brrok chq no. 478 £72.00
Mr K Dowden chq no. 300377 £72.00
Mrs S C Burns & Mr S B Burns chq no. 100151 £144.00
Mr S A Walker chq no.79 £72.00
Mr Bryn M Sabin Mrs Lynn J Sabin chq no.384 £144.00.This cheque includes payment of £72.00 for Mr S Morris.

All gratefully received and will be found to be a major contribution to my thesis on:"Is a glass of red wine a day good for you or 20?"I'll keep you posted on the results!!

Cheers Baron.

P.S.Only joking!:bounce1:clap:bounce1

Banking cheques

Hi y'all.
The fopllowing cheques have been received.

Mr M P Nicks chq no 661. £72.00
Mr T K K Sung chq no 30014. £72.00
Mr D Blanchard chq no 55. £72.00

I will be banking these today and the others received earlier as I am away all next week.

Any problems with this please advise.

Best regards. Baron:bounce1:clap:bounce1

calais

am thinkin of been in france on the the friday, and stayin near calais if ya post what time the ferry comes into calais , will hook up with ye there:thumb2

All Payments Now Received !!!

Guys & Gals,

Thanks for getting your channel transit payments in promptly, it really helps out for me not to have to chase things up.

Having spoken to Baron this afternoon (Saturday) he will be getting all the cheques in for clearing next week.

Remember, if you do need to pull out - such as poor Panal has had to, then you still have time right up until Monday 24th March, after that the ferries will be booked, and you know they wont give a refund.

As soon as we have made the booking, Baron will post the info here.

Unfortunately, Baron will not be travelling out with us on the Saturday, but will catch up to us at either Nancy or Lake Como.

I will get a copy of the booking information and deal with any Q's at the embarkment point.

For Vectis & Flash, if you are staying at Calais, great we can pick you up on landing, or if you are travelling over on the Saturday as well, then email me with the details of your ferry, and I will provide you with a rally point for your GPS

Paul

Channel Update

Gents,

Baron has informed me that we are now sorted for the channel.

We will be going over the water with P&O at a reasonable 7.55am on the 14th, and returning on the 18.20 on the 23rd (if memory serves correctly)

Many thanks to the minister of transport for getting that one done - its actually really difficult to get a large number of bikes sorted out!

I will give out all the details in your trip pack that will be published in early May

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom