Green Lanes in YOUR area

Just noticed the date you're going ( thought it was this friday :blast then someone mentioned the bank holiday and I thought hang on a minute ) and happy days ! I am back at hospital on the 20th when hopefully they are taking my pot off, so count me in.

Apparently my left arm will still be very weak, also I am riding on Avon Distanzia's, so bagsy not at the back as I may need help picking it up :)

Can I suggest those going from the York area, or east of, even south of, could meet at the pub on the A19 roundabout on the ring road......I think it's the Tom Cobbleighs. If any takers just need to sort a time ??

Just noticed the date you're going ( thought it was this friday :blast then someone mentioned the bank holiday and I thought hang on a minute ) and happy days ! I am back at hospital on the 20th when hopefully they are taking my pot off, so count me in.

Apparently my left arm will still be very weak, also I am riding on Avon Distanzia's, so bagsy not at the back as I may need help picking it up :)

Can I suggest those going from the York area, or east of, even south of, could meet at the pub on the A19 roundabout on the ring road......I think it's the Tom Cobbleighs. If any takers just need to sort a time ??

Is that the one at the start of the A19 with the kiddies play area thing in it, if so sounds good to me.:eek:onyack

Make that 4, :beer: :eek. I think I know the one you mean but can someone post the name please.

Initial plan then is to meet up in Thirsk at 10, followed by

a bit of this

03120001.jpg

followed by plenty of this

03120004.jpg

and some of this so bring your wellies

03120005.jpg

I was up their yesterday checking a few routes out and I got round no problem on a set of well worn TKCs and I'm no riding god by any stretch so it shouldn't be a problem for any GS type bike.

Hi HT any chance of any more pics.:bounce1

Those look pretty good:thumb

Cheers

Richie:beerjug:

I'll have a dig around and see what I can find, in the meantime there are some decent pictures in this report that show some of the lanes in the plan, courtesy of st247

Bimbling around the Moors

Looks brilliant, you just know I am going to be spending more time on my ass, than on my bike.:nenau

Sure you'll not be the only one. In four trips out i've been face down four times! The last one a nice long slide through this ford. Didn't see the algae on the concrete base, front end away and down i went. Water were bloody freezing aswell.

The ford in question, Between Hawnby and Rievaulx

yty351.jpg

Great pics brings back some old memories of doing the lanes up there in the Landy.
Sorry i cant make it. ps give Basil a kick for me when you see him:beer:
Have fun:mad:

Can those coming on Friday please confirm, just so noone gets left behind if they are running late. They is no scheduled break to eat until we get to Whitby which will/should be sometime in the afternoon so bring something to keep you going until then. Also it looks like we might be in for some proper Yorkshire weather, ie if you don't like it wait 5 minutes and it will be different, so bring appropriate gear. The ride will be somewhere around 200kms so please aim to be ready in Thirsk at 10 with fuel in your bike. Any last minute questions post on here otherwise see you all Friday. :thumb

Can those coming on Friday please confirm, just so noone gets left behind if they are running late. They is no scheduled break to eat until we get to Whitby which will/should be sometime in the afternoon so bring something to keep you going until then. Also it looks like we might be in for some proper Yorkshire weather, ie if you don't like it wait 5 minutes and it will be different, so bring appropriate gear. The ride will be somewhere around 200kms so please aim to be ready in Thirsk at 10 with fuel in your bike. Any last minute questions post on here otherwise see you all Friday. :thumb

I will be at the pub (A19) at 0930...with my packup and cosy jumper on. Trying to get new rear tyre on today. mmmmmm grip. roll on friday.:thumb2:eek:onyack

10.00 Clock, Thirsk. See you then:thumb

10 am Thirsk

Have you factored in some fuel stops as my bike only has a 100 mile range:D

Back
Top Bottom