Sunday 30th March Convoy3 - The Captains Boxhillring, Fish’n’Chips Run to the Coast..

Captain GSA

Tosser Extraordinaire
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sunday 30th March Convoy3 - The Captains Boxhillring, Fish’n’Chips Run to the Coast....

Ok ‘Tossers and Tosserettes’, after what I can only say was one hell of a meet at Newlands on Mothering Sunday ....we now have a date for the third Captains run....
An earlier start to get all the fun and games in....
Subject To Weather
Meet at Newlands at 9.30....
10 am The infamous Boxhillring loop Shadowfist's great video of the first part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puPJ...er.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135852&page=19
10.45 am Arrive at Newlands for regrouping and loo.
11 am Ride on mass using the drop off system as used on the loop.
Arrive at Bury Hill for a cuppa then a quick ride to
Littlehampton for Fish’n’Chips (outside)- we have a choice of at least three in a row.
Optional: Ride back together using the drop off system again....or split up.
The above times are subject to change with also an additional stop on route before the coast.
We also now have our very own official Cinematographer, Cameraman, Producer and Director in the guise of Shadowfist.... who made such a great job on our first Boxhillring tossers Newlands loop.
Who is up for it?

The Rules and The small print....

We will be using the drop off system where the lead bike, that’s me, will signal at junctions to whoever is behind me, i.e. the second bike to wait and direct by their indicator and a hand signal if appropriate the direction I have turned. The second rider waits on the side of the road, engine running looking behind.......
The rider will wait for all but the anchor rider to pass him or her before moving off. The third bike then becomes second and is the next to stop and indicate at the following junction. Make progress and keep an eye on the lead bike if you are second. If the lead bike has moved out of site, do not worry as I will slow at the next junction and indicate where you should stop and signal. Make sure you remember what the anchor bike (Sani) looks like so that you move off quickly once he has spotted you. You then can either stay in your position or make progress up through the group.
Because we are using the drop off system, you may overtake your fellow riders and make it towards the front if you wish. This gives the opportunity of faster riders to make progress and keep the whole group moving. Do not at anytime overtake the lead bike, if there is a problem come along side and flag me down to slow and stop. If in the unlikelihood the lead bike and second bike has stopped then all must slow and stop behind.
Respect your fellow riders and do not show off by doing ‘stunts’ like wheelies etc. You could put others at risk. If you are a slower bike make room for the faster bike that is behind you to overtake. Overtaking should be done safely and quickly, make sure you have time to complete the manoeuvre and do not only rely on the bike in front to wave you on, make sure it is safe to do so.
On main roads and motorways use the stagger when following the bike in front. Do not snake. This gives you better vision ahead and is a lot safer and you are able to stay in a group closer.
Remember we have different riding skills and experience so respect your fellow riders in the group.
Try to make good progress but allow other bikers to overtake within the group. Ride at the pace you are comfortable with.
Do not worry if a biker or ‘car’ that is not part of the convoy gets in between you and the rider in front/behind, just make sure you keep track of the bike in front and concentrate at junctions. Do not turn off following a bike at a junction if there is not a ‘tosser’ indicating at that junction. That bike you are follow may not be one of us!
Respect the speed limits, in particular going through, towns and villages. 30 is NOT 40, and 40 is NOT 50....
Ride safe.
If you come across a horse, slow down, clutch in to drop the revs and noise until you are past....
‘The Captain’s Boxhillring loop’ is 95% National speed limit on rural roads. It is rewarding, exhilarating and dangerous. It has its hazards especially riding it for the first time at speed. The route has slow first gear hairpin corners, gravel and fast bumpy bends and straights.
Ride safe and respect your fellow riders, remember we are not a small group of friends where anything goes but a large group of riders of different ability and expectations.
It is supposed to be fun. Play by all means on the twisties but do not endanger others...
Ride safe

Post your name below....
:bounce1

I'll push a little more next time you are behind me.... that was good last time.

I didn't want to get 'you' out of shape, but I now know you can hold your own:nenau

Next time it is then....:bounce1
I enjoyed the quick sprint on the back leg. I was however too busy chuckling at the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp coming out the back of your pipe with the GS on full chat..........makes me want to change my headers now (..........another £300 :D)

Count me in Captain :beerjug:

Jon :thumb2

Good, we will not get lost then............:augie

GSmonkey said: I enjoyed the quick sprint on the back leg. I was however too busy chuckling at the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp coming out the back of your pipe with the GS on full chat..........makes me want to change my headers now (..........another £300 :D)

Go on....You know it makes sense:thumb2

yes

Me and mrs G will try our best to be there
we are touring southern ireland from 22nd to 29th on the GS
and we get home late Sat night
if all is ok we will be with u all
Gaz & Ruthie :Duchess

you tube

anyone got that vid to play ok
mine keeps locking up :nenau

captains run

I will be there as long as plenty of tea going.
dave gs,.

captains run episode three

count me in,think i will get up early and do loop couple of times.

Tossers so far......:bounce1

Captain GSA
Sani
GSmonkey
WorthingWelsh
blues n twos
Gazzabart and Mrs Gazzabart...TBC?
davegs
autogs
EasySushi
billynomates and Mrs billynomates

Hi Ian,
Are you going to Newlands using that nice little run i followed you on last sunday, if so can i follow you up that way again, very enjoyable route that, cant quite remember which turning to take once we got further into it, was enjoying the ride to much to take much notice, hopefully a second run at it and it might stick in my head.
Cheers.
David.

Count me in Captain, hopefully Mrs-P will be fully recovered from the Op and come as well. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom