White Horse Historical Tour Sunday 11th May 2008

Is that on a pogo KTM :eek:

That'll be fun on the road sections - don't come crying to me when your arm drops off from the vibration :D

Managed 212 miles in one day in the Pyrenees last May, survived but only just. :blast

Will try the GS beforehand to see if my shoulder is up to the job.

If I'm welcome on a Suzuki then may well come along. May also be with pillion to help push the bike along the offroad bits!

Managed 212 miles in one day in the Pyrenees last May, survived but only just. :blast

Will try the GS beforehand to see if my shoulder is up to the job.

Have bought another bike, still orange but a bit bigger. :thumb

Many thanks - please add two more first timers on GS1200's to the list. Both from Maidenhead.

Steve
:eek:

:hide

Mapsource route.

Note where the the first "site" waypoint is - Wilton Windmill - due to the numbers likely to be there we won't be stopping, but it'll be on your right after a few miles from Hungerford - give it a wave as you pass :)

Attachments

• Magical History Tour 2008.zip
    44.3 KB · Views: 156
Can those of you that don't fancy the Byway bits, ensure you can find your way from SU 224 588 to SU 209 553 e.g. OS Landranger Map 174/184 or print off the image below.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 702
Can those of you that don't fancy the Byway bits, ensure you can find also your way from SU 120 423 to SU 024 534 e.g. OS Landranger Map 184 or print off the image below.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 706
Can those of you that don't fancy the Byway bits, ensure you can find also your way from SU 014 641 to SU 022 667 e.g. OS Landranger Map 173 or print off the image below.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 693
Can those of you that don't fancy the Byway bits, ensure you can find also your way from SU 118 680 to SU 128 749 and SU 157 762 e.g. OS Landranger Map 173 or print off the image below.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 697
Many thanks - please add two more first timers on GS1200's to the list. Both from Maidenhead.
If you, or anyone else local(ish) to Reading want a hour or so on an "introductory" Byway session one evening, let me know :thumb2:

I am curious as to the popularity of this ride?

For first timers .. what attracted you to this? Is it the off road bits? Is it the white horses?

Or do you just want to see Clive's sewing machine box panniers? :D :nenau

I was attracted to this last year because of the white horses and the lovely pub lunch from the year before.

Clive .. do you have the garmin file/coordinates of that lovely pub?

Back
Top Bottom