White Horse Historical Tour Sunday 11th May 2008

Make that 44 :thumb2

But I am a novice so will only try the most easist offroads :bow
:D

Have a good ride all of you, wish I was going, the weather looks good for tomorrow. Drink loads, as Mr Pavey said to me, if your piss is'nt clear your not drinking enough.
If your doubtfull about going off road, give it ago you might end up having a great time and a picture like this to boot.
Good luck.

Attachments

• Off road ridgeway11.jpg
    Off road ridgeway11.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 157
Last minute... 1 more!

hi all

i'd love to join the convoy if thats kool.

had posted under:

Areas > South East > "New to London, anyone going out 2morow?"

and got sent in this direction. bit of a ride to get there, but will make the effort. sounds like a lot of fun. haven't ridden in such a big bunch on motorbike before and haven't been off road on motorbike either. but well up for it!

look forward to meeting u all 2morow

cheers

Graeme

First retirement...........

Well, at the end of the first offroad stretch, we stopped to let everyone catch up - first time I've taken a GS off-road - great fun - going well.

Then it's time to move on - would my bloody bike start - battery problems.

Do not buy those overpriced Hawker Gel batteries - they are crap - fortunately mine is still in its 2 year warranty period.

Anyway - thanks Clive, it was good while it lasted!

I rang the recovery people - an hour to get a van out. Tried the bike 15 minutes later - it started. Cancelled recovery van and rode home :(

Battery going back to Motorworks tomorrow.

First retirement...........

Well, at the end of the first offroad stretch, we stopped to let everyone catch up - first time I've taken a GS off-road - great fun - going well.

Then it's time to move on - would my bloody bike start - battery problems.

Do not buy those overpriced Hawker Gel batteries - they are crap - fortunately mine is still in its 2 year warranty period.

Anyway - thanks Clive, it was good while it lasted!

I rang the recovery people - an hour to get a van out. Tried the bike 15 minutes later - it started. Cancelled recovery van and rode home :(

Battery going back to Motorworks tomorrow.
Good to see you got home OK. I didn't find out about the problem until Woodhenge :eek:

Thanks for a great day out!

The lamb chops were brilliant and then riding the route by myself was great fun :D

Again, Clive, thanks for organising such a good day. Sorry I had to run off early, whiplash problems between my shoulders from walking into a doorframe 3 weeks back. The sight of 30+ GSs as I met you at Stonehenge was spectacular.

who was riding the 1200 that pulled out of Priory Road, Hungerford as I was coming down the Salisbury road into Hungerford town centre on my grey 1150?

It was on a private plate - anyone know who it was? I think the plate was R2 SMT or R2 RMT or something like that.

who was riding the 1200 that pulled out of Priory Road, Hungerford as I was coming down the Salisbury road into Hungerford town centre on my grey 1150?

It was on a private plate - anyone know who it was? I think the plate was R2 SMT or R2 RMT or something like that

it was me, :aidan go on then what did I do wrong?

it was me, :aidan go on then what did I do wrong?
I may have missed it, but when I pulled up next to you and nodded and said hello, you didn't appear to respond.

And I thought - pah - bloomin' 1200 owners :rob

Anyway - hope you enjoyed the rideout :thumb

FWIW I dont think the Karoo Ts wear well if its rocky, mine are half worn in way under 1k miles, about 300 on tracks. Maybe they go down a bit quick and then seem to even off, I dont know.
I take it all back - mine are nearly shagged at less than 2.5k miles, not a great deal "off-road" and as few motorway miles as I could get away with.

Was going to try another set of Karoo Ts just to check, but my tyre fitter can't get hold of any - so I'm going back to TKC80s :)

I put new Karoo T's on for the Pyrenees trip, total about 1400 miles with off raod and on road and they're just about done for. Mind you, I think they're better on the road than TKC's (and quieter)and seem to be no worse off road. I might give them another go.

Clive, have you tried Mark at Ride-in - he got Jane's in a just before we set off.

Back
Top Bottom