Biker-land.de

• Thread starter Deleted Member I
  • Start date
Rukka, schuberth and daytona are all German brands...so by missing out the importer and local agents you're bypassing 2 links out of the retail chain.

That's true - but they are also a lot cheaper than most other German suppliers - so they are obviously not being as greedy as the competition, and have built a good business around reasonable margins and good service, leading to higher sales volumes. Good on 'em I say :thumb

BTW - Just ordered my new Rukka suit from them and found them very helpful indeed.
Due for delivery later this week, and saved the thick end of £500 compared to UK asking prices.

I tried very hard to support my local UK shop, who I have bought plenty of kit from over the years and know pretty well. I told them they needed to get within £100 of the German price to win the business, and they couldn't (or wouldn't) budge below £200 more than Germany. :nenau:nenau

Another happy camper, bought my Rukka Armas suit from them last year. Great communication by email and saved myself several hundred over uk price. They also knocked the vat off as I have a vat registered company.

Bargain, fill your boots.

How you getting on with the Gore Lockout "zip" thingy - is it OK?

louis.de is a similar price to biker.de and has 15%-25% off offers for members that have joined their free to join membership. That's where I've bought my rukka/daytona from.

BTW - Just ordered my new Rukka suit from them and found them very helpful indeed.
Due for delivery later this week, and saved the thick end of £500 compared to UK asking prices.

Same as I saved on buying the suit at UK retail price. £1245 retail in the UK and my suit cost £701 including delivery.

SPL said:
I tried very hard to support my local UK shop, who I have bought plenty of kit from over the years and know pretty well. I told them they needed to get within £100 of the German price to win the business, and they couldn't (or wouldn't) budge below £200 more than Germany. :nenau:nenau

I would like to buy in the UK too, but I couldn't see any dealer coming down by so much. I guess the issue is the retail price set by Trans Am, the UK importer. An Armas jacket retails here at £1020 but the retail price in Germany is 949 euros. Rip off Britain is still alive and well.

My suit arrived yesterday (bloody good seeing as I only ordered on Tuesday).
I'm really pleased with the Service from BikerLand and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

It's the 2011 ArmaS - UK retail price £1750 - I paid a final price (after being converted to £s by my credit card) of £1297 including delivery.
Bloody eye wateringly expensive even at German prices, so I hope it lives up to the hype!!

So not quite £500 off, but a huge saving on UK list, and still just over £170 off the best possible price I could get after strong negotiations with my local stockist.

Somebody is making a hell of a margin on this stuff in the UK, and I doubt very much that it's the guys in the High Street that are struggling to keep our business. You've gotta ask yourself if the UK importer is taking the piss out of all of us? :mad:

Never used them but I do get stuff on a regular basis from www.loius.de, always a substantial saving over UK prices, I've used their branches in Munich, Aachen , Berlin and Stuttgart and had stuff delivered online.

Last order was a visor for my Schuberth S1 (which when I bought the lid was £200 cheaper in Germany) including the pinlock insert I saved £25 on the cheapest UK price.

When I got my Rukka jacket 3 years ago that was a £150 saving on the UK price. Same with the Daytona boots I got in their Berlin store 18 months ago.

Seems to be whether I buy tyres online from Germany or kit online or at bike shops that the service is always FAST, EFFICIENT and the staff are always KNOWLEDGEABLE, COURTEOUS and EFFICIENT.

Strangely seems to be the opposite of most of my local dealers

The savings and service levels of these on-line German suppliers seem very good. Does anyone know of a German supplier of Revit clothing?

Rukka gear

Really good service in my view. Got an armas suit from there, super delivery 3 days for delivery.

Never used them but I do get stuff on a regular basis from www.loius.de, always a substantial saving over UK prices, I've used their branches in Munich, Aachen , Berlin and Stuttgart and had stuff delivered online.

Last order was a visor for my Schuberth S1 (which when I bought the lid was £200 cheaper in Germany) including the pinlock insert I saved £25 on the cheapest UK price.

When I got my Rukka jacket 3 years ago that was a £150 saving on the UK price. Same with the Daytona boots I got in their Berlin store 18 months ago.

Seems to be whether I buy tyres online from Germany or kit online or at bike shops that the service is always FAST, EFFICIENT and the staff are always KNOWLEDGEABLE, COURTEOUS and EFFICIENT.

www.louis.de :beerjug:

I lived and worked in German from '94 to '01 and even bought my Basic there new in '96. Over those years I had a lot to do with dealers and equipment vendors and I was always mightily impressed with the general levels of professionalism and lack of waffle. Also, much of the motorcycling press is somehow more 'mature' with technical matters being freely discussed with the expectation that the reader would understand it, rather than the inevitable self-conscious admission of 'nerdiness' which seems to have to preface such articles in the British m/c press.

Thanks all for the above tips. I buy a fair amount of stuff online from Germany (incl. tyres), but I hadn't thought to research the prices for clothing etc.

I got my Rukka trousers from them. Very helpful re sizes, polite, friendly, and it all arrived quickly and was A1
:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom