Bushguards - Fittings ??

Alex B

Lost Planet Airman (retired)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a bushguard for my GS1150 from a local dealer. It arrived in a few days and was sent by post to my home address. When I opened the box the bushguard was there but no fittings !! There's spaces for 6 self-tapper screws and it looks like they need black plastic caps. Does anyone know if they're supposed to come with the screws or is this an "extra" order ? Really cheesed off that the parts guy didn't mention them and cheesed off at myself for assuming they all came as part of the kit !!

Anyone out there who has bought a bushguard for their GS1150 ?

Thanks

Alex B.

Ooops

Thats the way BMW operate, you have to order Bush Guard plus fittings, hope this helps,

MC07.11.9.936.439 Flat Washer x6
MC07.12.9.902.388 Hex Nut x6
MC16.11.7.655.288 Capped Screw x2
MC46.63.2.325.999 Oval Head Screw x4

cost about £3.50

I fell for the same trick.

:(

Hi Alex
got one a few weeks back just got the 6 allen bolts and used
stainless nut's and washers,at under twenty quid it's still a bargain,

mark

Attachments

• 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,147
Gazza, Gauloises,

Thanks for the info.

Were these parts obtained from BMW or were you referring to stuff you'd obtained from general parts accessory garages (or even good old B&Q) ??

Hi Alex
bolts from bmw nuts & Washers from Sunseekers
I had some stainless bolts but they did'nt look right
anyway when the bolts corrode they'll match the fork brace:rolleyes:

mark

Last edited:
Gauloises

Thanks for the info. I guess the allen bolts were from C&W ?

How did you "cover" the bolt heads so that the finish matched the bushguard (from your picture I can't see any exposed bolts/nuts).

I might swing by the Sammy Miller Museum on Sunday. I noticed that some of the lads from Cirencester way were planning a ride out with a stop at the SMM at about 11 - 12 I guess.

Alex B

Hi Alex
Yep Cw's

What time are you passing sammy millers ?
I'll find some stainless nut's & washers

mark

Attachments

• navigator.jpg
    navigator.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Mark

I hope you'll get this message in time !! I'll be at Sammy Millers with my better half between 11 - 12. It's a good place to stop for a coffee and a bun.

Thanks very much for the offer of the bits - you're a gentleman and a scholar - I did get some bits on your advice from your previous e-mail. It turns out that B&Q do dome-headed chrome bolts which perfectly fit the spaces in the Bushguard (almost made to measure).

With some good washers and lock nuts the whole unit went on a treat.

Hope to see you there. I won't have any difficulty identifying your bike !

Alex.

PS Andy Melton, Bakerman and others should be at the museum around 11 ish I'd guess.

Back
Top Bottom