Fear not the dread French signposts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff!!, off to France for the first time on motorcycle next week so find this thread very useful.

Cheers.

Excellent.

I can remember when I first went to France on a motorcycle. It must have Been 1975, when I was around about 18. Fecked about, got lost on more occasions than was good for me, got very wet, got very hot and loved every minute of it..... Been going back ever since :thumb2

Every village has a Paris signpost even if Paris is 900km's away

Really? Honestly?
I'm so hoping you've made that up/read it somewhere & it's not true.

Otherwise my OCD is going to insists that I search for the sign every time I stop in any French villages in the future.

Please, for the sake of my travelling complanions, let this be an urban myth.

Really? Honestly?
I'm so hoping you've made that up/read it somewhere & it's not true.

Otherwise my OCD is going to insists that I search for the sign every time I stop in any French villages in the future.

Please, for the sake of my travelling complanions, let this be an urban myth.

Mythe urbain gets my vote.

Sorry JB, shouldn't really disagree with you on your bon anniversaire.

Still being read in 2016 Wapping thanks. Oh and I have been to France many times but still found this useful.

Really lovely thread. Thanks for the effort.
Over the years, I have managed to work out most of the various twists and turns. I am working on the various signs displayed about the verges being Acotement Non Stabilise, Acotement Mobile etc, current favourite is the often related Boux. I sure someone can and hopefully will correct spelling and lack of accents.

I hardly ever travel in France in July/August these days, but are the booths for the Bison Fute still manned then? I haven't seen a happy smiling student doing their works experience in one in a while, handing out free maps and occasionally bottles of water. They all loved the chance to speak English.
Even without the maps, following a Bis route is both very rewarding, very simple - usually no effort at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom