GPS Purchases

Rich.

GoTo is a function of the GPS. It is an instruction to the receiver to point the arrow on the compass page at a selected waypoint. This arrow points at the selected waypoint regardless off which way you travel. If you are traveling in the same direction as the arrow points [at the waypoint] then you are moving toward that waypoint and the position it represents.

Auto routing [which I've never used] - as I understand it - could also be described as a GoTo function, but instead of a compass arrow indicating which way to travel regardless of what's in between you and the waypoint, auto routing tell you via on screen prompts exactly when to turn a little before you reach the junction of the road you're on, and the one you need to be on to get nearer your selected waypoint.

With a simple GoTo function you make the decision [thinking mans auto route] when to turn based on the availability of roads, the compass arrow and the distance remaining to your selected waypoint. More fun than it sounds.

Well, it makes sense to me.........sorta!

Russ.

Back
Top Bottom