Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italia 08 GPS

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

GPS Anomolies.

I rang Garmin today to discuss the problem I'm having with the Test Route, and spoke to a very nice lady. She said City Navigator V9,and City Navigator NT V9, are two different map sets,and cannot be read by each other. The fact that my 2820 with City Navigator NTv9 cannot read this is because of this reason. The fact that my Zumo 550 with City Navigator NTv9 can is a fluke,and she confirmed this with their IT Guy.When Paul gets his new Map it will be City Navigator 2008 because he runs a Garmin 2610 which cannot read the new City Navigator NT2008. So guys who cannot read the posted maps will need to take all the Waypoints and Co-ordinates, and create daily rouites in their own version of Mapsource.

Cheers, Ken

Navigator
    Well just to add to the confusion I have a MIO268 and a Nokia Navigator. Oh and soon should have a street pilot 3 to add to the collection. I only need a map with the waypoints ticked into it and will then put them in individually in my systems. Have to say the nokia is a cracking piece of kit for a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
    Hi Stolzy,

Have the same equipment, got the same message. Selected for the options Help>Check for Software Updates.

Downloaded and installed, all seems to work now.

If your running Vista like me, the ZIP file does not extract atomatically, however, if you download direct from the site and run the ZIP it works.

Cheers

Richard
    I'd already tried that, but at the end of downloading the file I get the message

' Invalid command line parameter'

Rather amusingly Garmin say this is not the correct way to update the software and pointed me to a file to download and updateupdate manaully.
    I did that, but still get the same message when I try and open the route file.
    I'm waiting for Mapsource V9 - maybe that will solve it.

OK, I had a little play on another computer and I updated Mpsource on my MacBook to 6.13.7 and I can see the route fine now. Looks like the update didn't work on the first computer (a Dell XP) I tried.

So I'm up and running

Sorted

I was having all sorts of issues trying to get this loaded.

I am using - Zumo550, City Navigator Europe NT V9, Windows 2000.

First off i had the dreaded 'The file cannot be read because it uses a subsequent file version.'

Then when updating through the software, the Zip didn't work

Then on DV8's advice, I tried the update download from the garmin site.

All now works quite well - thanks for all your help.

Just a quick question though - how big will my SD card need to be to take the full route - Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers for now

Stevo

Sorry for the delay, have been in france
    Mine works, Zumo 550, and all the latests updates and maps.

Ta.

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post

Just a quick question though - how big will my SD card need to be to take the full route - Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers for now

Stevo
    Stevo, a 2 gig card does all of Europe on my 2610... if you get a card that size just load all the maps on and you won't have to worry about it again

Thanks Bryn

2 gb card purchased - just need to spend somer time uploading everything now.

Cheers

Stevo

GPS Update

Gents, up until now all routing that I have done has been created using Mapsource 9 - std version.

I chased up my 2008 disc today ( which will be with me by Friday) and whist talking to the bods, have been infored as follows:

"routes made using mapsource 2008, can be transfered and read by any device using 2008 regardless of if it is an NT version or not. In addition, files can be saved on back compatible versions i.e. V5 etc and again can be read by NT & non NT"

What this means, is that once my software is updated, compatability issues should be over. To test that I will post a new set of files made to test by all.

Regards

Paul

All praise to Garmin, the 2008 update disc arrived today! Having installed said item, I will have a play at the weekend and post a text route and waypoints. PL
    Last edited by Paulbde; 10-04-08 at 19:08. Reason: Update 10th April

My update DVD for City Navigator Europe 2008 arrived this morning.
    I paid my money & got the unlock code.

I have 2 StreetPilots, both registered in 'My Garmin'.

I loaded the updated mapping to my PC no problem.

I transfered updated mapping to my data card no problem.

My main unit can read the updated card & read my other card loaded with v6 mapping no problem.

BUT, I can't get my 2nd unit to read the 2008 mapping. Any ideas?

The info I got this morning from Garmin states I can share mapping data with another device & can unlock one additional device.

Anybody suggest how I go about this?

as of 2008 it's different... they stopped giving away the 2nd free unlock code... look into it a bit more... I have email from Garmin confirming this.

Al...

City Navigator Europe 2008

If anyone's interested in updating their Garmin mapping to City Navigator Europe 2008, here's some info.

I'm running an old StreetPilot 3.
    I updated over the weekend from v6 (purchased in 2004) so I can already see a bit of updated mapping. My job sometimes has me working in Toulouse in the new Airbus A380 factory on the outskirts of Blagnac airport & the difference between my 2004 & 2008 mapping is, as you'd expect, quite extensive in this newly built area.

A nice update is the inclusion of ATM cash points.

Anyway, the cost!
    Garmin quoted $88.12 & I got my credit card statement on-line today & it's a nice round £46

Garmin sent me another update DVD this morning so if anybody wants it I can post it to them. May be quicker than asking Garmin for a copy 'cos you'll get it from me within days of asking.
    It's unopened but you'll have to buy your own unlock code.
    It updates StreetPilot 2620/2660 & previous versions of City Select & City Navigator.

No charge, I'll post to anyone who's on the trip & wants the update software.

Now with full detailed coverage for Norway, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary & Slovenia.
    ..more addresses for Belgium included.

Mapsource test time

Guys, please find attached 2 mapsource sample routes - both the same, but saved in 2 diffrent mapsource formats.

Please will you try these not only on your desktop / laptop, but also your GPS to ensure compatability.

The version 2008, should be ok for all newer devices (including NT), whilst the second version sould be ok for anyone not using mapsource 8 or higher.

Please post your results

Thanks

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

mapsource 2008 (non NT) Update DVD's

Gents, I have a spare 2 of the above and will bring them with me to the meeting.

You will need to buy the unlock codes, but at least you can get the dvd.

let me know if anyone wants them

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbde View Post
    Guys, please find attached 2 mapsource sample routes
    Please post your results

Thanks

Paul
    v.2008 OK my end! East Farndon to Thorpe Underwood.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerphil View Post
    If anyone's interested in updating their Garmin mapping to City Navigator Europe 2008, here's some info.

I'm running an old StreetPilot 3.
    I updated over the weekend from v6 (purchased in 2004) so I can already see a bit of updated mapping. My job sometimes has me working in Toulouse in the new Airbus A380 factory on the outskirts of Blagnac airport & the difference between my 2004 & 2008 mapping is, as you'd expect, quite extensive in this newly built area.

A nice update is the inclusion of ATM cash points.

Anyway, the cost!
    Garmin quoted $88.12 & I got my credit card statement on-line today & it's a nice round £46

Garmin sent me another update DVD this morning so if anybody wants it I can post it to them. May be quicker than asking Garmin for a copy 'cos you'll get it from me within days of asking.
    It's unopened but you'll have to buy your own unlock code.
    It updates StreetPilot 2620/2660 & previous versions of City Select & City Navigator.

No charge, I'll post to anyone who's on the trip & wants the update software.

Now with full detailed coverage for Norway, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary & Slovenia.
    ..more addresses for Belgium included.
    Phil,
    I have a street pilot as well so if nobody wants the disk I will have it to play with and see if I can get it to work

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast