Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italia 08 GPS

City Navigator Europe 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Phil,
    I have a street pilot as well so if nobody wants the disk I will have it to play with and see if I can get it to work
    I'll bring it with me on Sunday. The disc has (literally) got your name on it!

So long as you create an account at my.garmin.com & register your unit all you need to do is install the mapping from the disc onto your PC then unlock the new mapping data (i.e. pay Garmin $88.12 - £46)

Phil.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I T was never my strong point, unable to say if the routes work or not.

Following instructions but unable to get up on the screen as per instructions on the thread.
    If anybody has any time one evening it maybe helpful to contact me see what i am doing wroung and help me through the problem before Sunday.
    Thanks.

Navigator
    Switching it on is always a good start

GPS Update

Gents, following my recent e-mail with the GPS routing, Phil has noticed that on one route we have an errant waypoint. I will correct this and issue a new file to replace the one sent out recently.

The new files will have V1 after the name to identify the correct file. Please delete and amend your GPS accordingly.

For those yet to receive the files, I have your updated e-mails and will send out new files by CoP Monday.

Please note, waypoint P2R4 is a rest stop. If you look in Google earth at the route, it will show that there is a beach and is we are on an island, it would be rude not to stop, anyway, if its HOT, then I think refreshments will be in order every few hours - if you know what I mean.

Also, Phil is using a Streetpilot 3 and has had a capacity issue for his storage card, which he has got round as below:

Also, after I loaded my StreetPilot3 with your file I got a message saying 'Waypoint files FULL'. Although I deleted all my previous files I still got this message when I tried again.

So, I went through your file & deleted some waypoints that weren't essential to the route & didn't effect the route in any way.
    I've managed to get your file down to 33 waypoints from 51. (see attachment) It now loads fine.
    Although there is no route along the Stelvio Pass it's quite clear which route to take so long as you don't turn off.

Guys, this is fine for the older series GPS's, but newer models will be confused and try to grow brains, only delete if you have no other choice.

Finally, there is a glitch in the 2008 software with regard to the Stevilo pass.

You will see in the routing, that we have a route that takes us from the camp site in Venice to Stevilo, and another route that starts after we exit the pass. This is because 200 will not route through the pass!

I have no idea why this is, as the pass is accessible from both sides?

If you are using Mapsource 9, its no problem - Have a look for yourselves and let me know if you have it any different to me.

Regards

Paul

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Finally managed to get the test route to work, next is the big one.
    IT is no longer safe.

He grabbed IT by the cursor and showed it whos the boss.
    He loaded up the emailed route and now we wont get lost.
    I only hope the route was right and puts us on the correct path.
    But if you see me heading the opposite way, please dont.... laugh.

BMW Dealers

This may be of interest..
    BMW dealers in the countries we're passing through.

I may pop a few dealers as waypoints around each overnight stop.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbde View Post
    Finally, there is a glitch in the 2008 software with regard to the Stevilo pass.

You will see in the routing, that we have a route that takes us from the camp site in Venice to Stevilo, and another route that starts after we exit the pass. This is because 200 will not route through the pass!

If you are using Mapsource 9, its no problem - Have a look for yourselves and let me know if you have it any different to me.
    Regards
    Paul
    Paul, have you unchecked the Seasonal Road Closures option?

Edit: Preferances: Routing. Good spot, that answres that one

Deleted Member I
    Has the new file been emailed out?

If not, should I just amend the original file?

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Has the new file been emailed out?

If not, should I just amend the original file?
    Tom, I believe that Paul is sorting a new file .....

i am up an running, on the gps that is thanks to bryn and that wonderful helpful hippy from colraine

did you download mapsource yet?

Quote Originally Posted by flash of the gap View Post
    i am up an running, on the gps that is thanks to bryn and that wonderful helpful hippy from colraine
    I'm OK apart from Calais to Nancy.
    For some reason my old GPS just draws a straight line!

No worries though I know where I'm heading if I get seperated, I'll just keep someone in sight on the 1st day. For the rest of the holiday all gps routes are AOK.

Is there anyone on this trip without GPS?

Only 2 more night-shifts for me.

Shortest route

Quote Originally Posted by panzerphil View Post
    I'm OK apart from Calais to Nancy.
    For some reason my old GPS just draws a straight line!
    Probably knows you're on a GS

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbde View Post

The two routes Venice - Stevillo and Stevillo - Granau transfer to my Zumo and the Zumo asks if i want to update/import the data.
    Zumo then tells me that the update is successful.
    When i search for the routes they are nowhere to be seen.

Is this caused by the glitch as mentioned above?

If so is there any way around it or will waypoints have to be added on the day?

Any heads up on this would be useful as time is running out.

Cheers

Stevo

Navigator
    All you gotta do is get close. Then read the signposts. Easy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast