Cold Ride Sunday

Bradders

Had a very cold ride home on Sun night. So maybe time to get a heated waistcoat/jacket.

Any recommendations? or ones to steer clear of.

Cheers

Bradders

I wouldn't recommend Spada heated jackets,
as they give the word toasty a whole new meaning :rolleyes:
as a few people have been literally toasted

I really like my beemer carbon honeycomb one. Note; wear the vest over nothing more than a t shirt or similar. If you wear it over a jumper you don't get the full benefit of the heat.

I have a gerbing jacket and it's fantastic. It has sleeves which makes a big difference. If you go down this route get the temp controller or at the very least the switch that allows you to turn the thing on and off. When it's running on full power it pumps out a lot of heat.

I can also recommend their service. Had a recent problem with the jacket out of warranty. They provided a new jacket, temp controller and an on off switch all free of charge.

On the recomendation of another forum member, I went to Rainbow in Rotherham yesterday & bought myself a Widder Sytem 1 heated vest. It was reduced by 30% to £101 c/w BMW plug. They also have most other clothing reduced by 30% - well worth a look if you're in the area.

Regards,

Charles

Another happy Gerbing purchaser!

Just do it! You'll never look back. Jacket liner keeps you warm from wrist to wrist and right up the neck. Get the thermostat though-you can boil yourself alive.

I've had to stop myself going out a couple of times. I'm not frightened of frost or freezing fog anymore but the bikes not fitted with ice tyres.

Thanks for all the info, have done it Christmas pressie to myself. Just need to try it out now

Bradders

Back
Top Bottom