How many people here have a DR350 and actually use it?

squid

Reaction score
I'm kinda thinking of getting one but at the same time wonder if I will use it enough?

Do you use it for the odd green lane or do you take out out for a spin on the road too?

Or do you just think bugger it, I'll go out on the GS as its more comfortable?

I'm kinda thinking of getting one but at the same time wonder if I will use it enough?

Do you use it for the odd green lane or do you take out out for a spin on the road too?

Or do you just think bugger it, I'll go out on the GS as its more comfortable?

Not for taking a spin on the road with fella.

Great for the tougher lanes and will get you to and between lanes, but I wouldn't take the 250 for a spin on the road, the daker I would though :D:D

Does a DRz400 count?

I thought I'd use mine on the road too, but with good off road knobblies, its really no fun, and I prefer the GS.

I don't do many green lanes, but when I do I enjoy it, and running costs are low, so I'm happy.

Not for taking a spin on the road with fella.

Great for the tougher lanes and will get you to and between lanes, but I wouldn't take the 250 for a spin on the road, the daker I would though :D:D

Trouble is a Dakar is a bit too similar to the big bike, as you know:D

I was wondering if I would take a 350 out around the unclassified roads as well as on green lanes. I like having a steady bimble on back roads now and agian. Sat on a DRZ400 in D&K but the seats aint up to much are they.

Is a Dr350 seat the same height - which is good if so. What might not be is the narrow hard plank.

Just don't want to clog up my garage with something I'd only use a handful times a year

Trouble is a Dakar is a bit too similar to the big bike, as you know:D

I was wondering if I would take a 350 out around the unclassified roads as well as on green lanes. I like having a steady bimble on back roads now and agian. Sat on a DRZ400 in D&K but the seats aint up to much are they.

Is a Dr350 seat the same height - which is good if so. What might not be is the narrow hard plank.

Just don't want to clog up my garage with something I'd only use a handful times a year

Why don't you look at an XR400. They have a reasonable seat and they would be about as good as it gets (600s good too),

Can be picked up cheap too. A bit heavier than the DR or DRZ but light enough for proper off road stuff.

Why don't you look at an XR400. They have a reasonable seat and they would be about as good as it gets (600s good too),

Can be picked up cheap too. A bit heavier than the DR or DRZ but light enough for proper off road stuff.

Just had a nose on ebay and the trader. They look nice, seem more expensive than Dr350's though. I know bugger all about these type of bikes.

Are they a chugger or a wringer?

I'm going to make my mind up in a few weeks whether to get a second bike or not. Doubt I'll spend a lot on one though, that way I won't be too bothered if it doesn't get a deal of use.

On the other hand I wouldn't want a nail I have to spend time tidying up:blast:D

DR 350

DR 350 good bike,mine has done 19,000 miles,never had a spanner on the engine,bits are cheap,loves deep water.Would be better if it was a kicker as well as electric start.

Attachments

• DSCF0780.jpg
    DSCF0780.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,739
  • DSCF0781.jpg
    DSCF0781.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1,631
  • DSCF0782.jpg
    DSCF0782.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,653
Squid. I had an XR400 for a couple of years in the late 90's. They're a great bike, seeming to offer the mix between good enough for a blast on twisties and get from A to B (when B is quite far from A) on the roads and yet more than capable off road. I'd have another in a shot if money was no issue. As Flip mentions though, they are a bit heavier.

Squid. I had an XR400 for a couple of years in the late 90's. They're a great bike, seeming to offer the mix between good enough for a blast on twisties and get from A to B (when B is quite far from A) on the roads and yet more than capable off road. I'd have another in a shot if money was no issue. As Flip mentions though, they are a bit heavier.

Cheers for that:thumb

I'll have to keep my eye out locally for one to sit on. Whats the tank range on them?

Cheers for that:thumb

I'll have to keep my eye out locally for one to sit on. Whats the tank range on them?

Depends what you are doing with it. On the road I would have thought 100 miles unless your thrashing it to death :nenau

It'll be far enough for you to want to take in a stop :thumb

Depends what you are doing with it. On the road I would have thought 100 miles unless your thrashing it to death :nenau

It'll be far enough for you to want to take in a stop :thumb

This is turning into an XR400 thread;)

100 miles sounds good. Thinking if I wanted to go to Wales for a green lane one of these might be good.

If I was to go further I could get a trailer and you could tow me with the RT:augie

Knowing you Flip I wouldn't be surprised to see it with a set of TKC's on:D

This is turning into an XR400 thread;)

100 miles sounds good. Thinking if I wanted to go to Wales for a green lane one of these might be good.

If I was to go further I could get a trailer and you could tow me with the RT:augie

Knowing you Flip I wouldn't be surprised to see it with a set of TKC's on:D

They don't do a 17 inch front :blast:blast:blast

I'd have an XR but no more room in the garage :D:D

If you get one, make sure it's an easy kicker, if it is hard to start then it probably always will be, they are notorious for being a tw*t to set up. Rarely need tinkering with when they are set right, so if you get a good starter, leave it alone otherwise you could set yourself up for heartache.

You've got me thinking about trailers for the RT now.............you b'stard :spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire

If you are planning on using it on the road a DR may be better as it will have a leccy boot, indicators etc. (all these can be fitted to XR's but require money and time (lots in the case of the leccy boot)). I think that small bikes are much more fun on really narrow single track roads, sometimes my GS feels a bit of a handfull on these. Knobbly tyres are a pain on road but if you choose the right ones and don't mind loosing some off road grip you'll be fine. Alternatively get a spare set of wheels and have road tyres on one set and the full knob on the other.

When / if I get a DRZ this is what I will do

DR350

Hi

I use my DR for green laning - but often ride 20-30 miles each way to get to the lanes (Bloody NERC!).
Tarmac on knobblies is not fun so I wouldn't choose to hop on the DR for a weekend jaunt. I'd need spare wheels with road tyres for that.

It's capable off-road if a little heavy now compared to the more modern competitors. If I were to change I'd choose a 250 - lighter and nimbler. I'm no longer tempted by a DRZ.

It has a comfy seat, decent headlight, indicators (vulnerable off-road), cheap to maintain, very reliable. I wish it had a "flat" seat and tank assembly. Tank range is about 160km. Larger acerbis tanks are often available second-hand for approx £75.

I wouldn't consider a trail-bike without elec start.

David

Hi

I wouldn't consider a trail-bike without elec start.

It's just one more thing for the water and shite to clog up and break. Liz's little 250 kicks up on the 2nd or 3rd attempt no problem.

Kick starts are a pain when the carburation is set up wrong, when it's right they should start within a few kicks. Kicking it to death to get them into life is just telling you to sort your bike out.

Had a left kick 610 husqavana that was brill as long as you turned the fuel off and left the throttle alone.

Before I sold my DR350, it was used as a winter commuter, green laner and enduro tool. rode the lanes or enduro at the weekend then used for work on the Monday, it was a great bike, I only stopped enduroing it when I was "loaned" a Gas Gas EC300 for a couple of seasons:D

DR 350 good bike,mine has done 19,000 miles,never had a spanner on the engine,bits are cheap,loves deep water.Would be better if it was a kicker as well as electric start.

They're great pics, Chris:thumby:

:clap

Got one now

Attachments

• IMG_2986-1.jpg
    IMG_2986-1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 397
DR 350

I they were taken nr castle acre in Norfolk, thanks john, as graham says 7 1/2 years ago seems like yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom