Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
Everyone is welcome

The route (all Tarmac) for the Saturday road ride has now been finalised.

The 210 mile road ride promises to be a spectacular route taking in some of the most spectacular scenery in the area.

We start off passing over the Brecon Beacons before heading for the Cambrian Mountains and will be passing many Lakes and reservoirs.

At a leisurely pace and trying to keep the group together I anticipate the run to take 5 hours riding + stop time.

The run will leave the car park in front of Baskerville Hall at 10:00 and we should arrive back for 17:00

..................................................​

*****Here are some useful tips for those joining the rides*****

• Try to arrive with a full tank..

• The road ride will be leaving the Baskerville Hall car park at 10:00 sharp, give yourself enough time to be ready to leave at 10:00.

On the road.
Please give everyone enough space and be prepared for the unexpected as not everyone will know the route/roads.

The Second Man Drop Off System

This requires a Leader, a Tail ender, and the
Riders.

• The Leader,- is familiar with the route, and follows it. He should carry a
    mobile in case of problems on route. He will point out to the first person behind him where to wait to be best
    positioned to mark each junction.

• The Tail ender, - is ideally familiar with the route also, but doesn’t have to be. They
    will stay at the back for the entire ride and will be pointed out at the beginning of the ride. (They may wear a
    fluro vest to make them more prominent). The tail ender is exactly that, everyone else stays in front of them, once
    the junction marker sees the Tail ender, approaching they should move off.

• The Riders – if at any point the route deviates i.e. you take a turn off, the first of
    the Riders behind the Leader, will stop to mark the way
    at the junction in a place prominent to the rest of the following group.

• Once the Tail ender, has arrived, the junction marker can then move off.

• If any of the Riders decides to drop off the back of the group (behind the tail ender),
    they must inform the Tail ender, what's going on.

A few safety points
  • Do not ride above your ability/limits to try and keep up. There will be a bike waiting for you at the next
    junction. There will be regular stops for a breather/fag break during which you can catch up safely. (Just because we
    have pulled over for a couple of minutes it doesn’t mean we are having a fag break though! if the
    Leaders helmet is still on, he isn’t planning on stopping)

• Do not get pushed along by a faster bike behind you. Move over and let them through. Slower riders, beware you may
    be holding up a faster rider and move over, let them past.

• Ride at a pace that is within your ability.

• Its not a race and you wont get left behind. Just because you cant see the bike in front doesn’t mean you’re going
    to get left behind. Take it steady, someone will be waiting somewhere.

• If everyone follows these simple ideas we can all enjoy a cracking ride, and have a great time in the evening.

<p align="center">**************************************************************
* The organiser accepts no responsibility for the actions of the participants. *

The participants accept that they are attending by their own free will and in
the knowledge that they are at all times responsible for their own actions,
and their own safety.
</p>

Adapted from a Ride Out Etiquette written by
Abel

done it the other day good route are ye going through Pant had a wee chuckle going through there:D

Hubby & I will be taking part :D

I've taken heed to the 'let the faster riders past'!!! I'm no speed demon by any means, so if you wanna pass me, go for it :eek:

Shirley

The tarmac ride sounds good to me since I have never done any off road riding before, just the odd farm track but nothing major and since my bike is my only beloved bike I dont want to chance messin him up on the off road stuff although it does look fun :D

Wellllllll. I'll congregate with the usual suspects and wave you off.

Then it'll be off to the local police staion to bail out the other usual suspects.

Then we can organise the search party for the scouse DJ who went missing the night before.

Then maybe fit a nap in before you're back.

Bet we have more fun than you. :D

Then it'll be off to the local police staion to bail out the other usual suspects.

Then we can organise the search party for the scouse DJ who went missing the night before.

Where can you get a kebab on the friday night.

Try to fit in the A479 from Talgarth to Tretower.

I was there last year, it's a cracker.:thumb

Are you going to post the route up here so we can know what we have to look forward to?

Its my first tosser/rally event so a ride out would be good i guess, you must be gentle with us virgins :augie

We can do the usual "hangover" rideout. :thumb

Baskerville Rideout

Helloha :beerjug:
Wanabee Tosser Stemo Here:beer:
Ill be on the rideout with ya all if thats OK
Ill slot in here and there and enjoy the ride and company

Its my first post:blast hope it works

Helloha :beerjug:
Wanabee Tosser Stemo Here:beer:
Ill be on the rideout with ya all if thats OK
Ill slot in here and there and enjoy the ride and company

Its my first post:blast hope it works

Well done me old fruit :thumb

See you there :beerjug:

Is this sat road ride the same ride with fords that Val has spoken of or a totally different one ? Am simply curious thats all :D

Back
Top Bottom