Shoei Multitech

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date
New helmet being purchased soon, tried on all sorts now and ithis fits my head shape well and feels good, in the shop.

Only downside for me seems to be the "D" Ring helmet fastener.

Am told it's what racers use so it must be good, :thumb
Less prone to coming apart on impact. I remember when :rob upgrading from a Bell in the 70's that the seat belt fastener system (now used on most helmets) was far superior, so why am I now told the opposite is true :confused:
Any figures to back this type of helmet fastener anywhere over the other or is it just cheaper to fit 2 d rings ??

g...........in search of the perfect hemet.

IMHO The D ring is by far the most superior and safest. Always the right tension, most of the top quality lids use D ring, the multitec is highly recommended:thumb2

multitech-helmet_1162825434_471.jpg

Just done five thousand miles in my new Multitech and I'm very impressed.

Had a Shoei Synchrotech then a BMW System 4 before and this is a far better helmet than both of these.

The flip mechanism doesn't need to be slammed shut like the System 4's. Theres no drag when the front is open and travelling at speed.

It comes with a Pinlock visor which worked without fail in the wet and freezing temps I experienced. The first time I've had a helmet that didn't mist up at some point. It also came with a tinted visor which I've yet to try. The visor is easy to fit unlike the struggle I always had with the System 4.

The skirt around the back of the helmet keeps drafts out and the vents on the top let cool air in when it warms up, exactly as they should do.

Theres cut outs for speakers if you want to fit them. And when wearing sunglasses the arms of the glasses end up in this void rather than being trapped between the helmet and your ears causing pain after a while.

The only niggle I have so far is the "D" rings, I've got used to the seat belt type of fastening and it's a pain to go back to a "D" ring.

Just thought I'd pass on my thoughts :thumb2

+2
Had a sys 5, then a twat-hat (tourx)...But the Shoei Multitech wins hands down. It light and i can wear it all day without any problems.:thumb:thumb

Last edited:
i followed HRH's tip for my multithingi never undo the d rings completely when you go to take it off or on....but just enough to slip it over your chin no fiddling involved:thumb2 owned mine for just about a year now and it the best lid i've had.

Multitech

I have to agree, I like mine. Bought it a few months ago after having a BMW Enduro which was shite. The front bit came off, took it back to BMW and I got a new one but by then I had replaced it with a Multitech, good move. The only hang up I have is that the remaining part of the chin strap does not have a proper popper. It just has a hook and I find it comes free fairly soon in the ride and flaps about. I could be doing this wrong perhaps but I might sew a bit of velcro on it instead. Anyway a great helmet and the first one that does not fog up, a great bonus as I ride my bike all the year round.

Velcro may fluff up the strap happened to my Tourx with the velcro on my tw@t jacket rubbing it

Hello all

I'm agree too! I bought one Multitec two weeks ago and what a difference... is lighter, amazingly comfortable and quite quiter. :thumb
The best helmet your money can buy

Roberto

I bought one at the recent London Motorcycle show.

£230 including two visors, the pinlock inner and all the extra draught excluders.

Very happy with it except that the pinlock inner keeps moving down the visor which opens a gap at the bottom which then fogs up.

Any tips? This is my first pinlock. Always used Fog City in the past without issue.

Dicko

I too bought mine at the London show (£220). Wore it on Sunday for a ride down to Goodwood and to say it p*ssed down with rain would be an understatement. The pinlock worked like a dream - not a single bit of fog and the the entire lid was watertight - unlike my TourX. The best bit IMHO was the way the smoked visor cleared water (again the opposite of the Tour X) - it was as if it had been treated with RainX.

Very, very impressed after ten years as an Arai devotee.

For Dikko, silly question perhaps, but have you got the pinlock the right way round with the sticky silicone seal against the inside of the visor?

Anyone done any serious miles yet (e.g. 12k+) with a Shoei Multitec? Curious to see if the fittings are reasonably robust, and if the visor to helmet seal stays watertight & draught free over long term use.

I had a Shoei Syncrotec 2 and was severely dissappointed particularly with the fit of the visor after about a year of use. No amount of adjustment seemed to cure the problem and I opted for a BMW System 5. After 35k miles the BMW helmet is still performing well however I still find it a heavy helmet compared to the Shoei's.

I bought one at the recent London Motorcycle show.

£230 including two visors, the pinlock inner and all the extra draught excluders.

Very happy with it except that the pinlock inner keeps moving down the visor which opens a gap at the bottom which then fogs up.

Any tips? This is my first pinlock. Always used Fog City in the past without issue.

Dicko

The PinLock pins are adjustable - they are like cams so if you turn them you can reduce the maximum distance between them and hence force the pinlock insert closer to the visor surface so it seals.

Bought a Multitech over the weekend from Module for £269 which was the best price I could find (reasonably) locally. I needed to try it on so interweb shopping was no use.

I went out for a while yesterday evening to give it a test run. Only did 100 miles / 160km but have to say I'm much happier with it than my System5. It's lighter, quieter (even without the 'whisper kit') & it looks like it'll be drier than the S5 (which won't be difficult :mad:)

Ey up, just bought one of these myself. I think I have an odd head shape as I think I am going to have to wear mine around the house to err wear it in..
anyway, I was out the other day and I found that in crosswinds I had an occasional breeze across the face hitting my cheek. Any one else have this? and yes I did have the front down and th visor closed!

Apart from that, it is interesting and I think I like it!

Ey up, just bought one of these myself. I think I have an odd head shape as I think I am going to have to wear mine around the house to err wear it in..

I got one of my sons footballs, let it down then blew it up again inside the helmet. Left it for a couple of days and it fitted a treat when I took the football out :thumb2

I've got one of these and i think its great.

Still wear the plugs even though i have the whisper kit fitted( minus the chin bit!!)
i find acold spot just across the brow area..can't seem to suss where its getting in, but it makes my eyebrows cold!

It helps..........

ball-head.JPG

DONT KNOW WHAT MY HEAD IS SHAPED LIKE ( TURNIP MAYBE) JUST KNOW THIS LID IS SUPERB!

have used my new multitec over the past month or so in this extream weather.
had a Arai tour x which ARE BLOODY AWFUL!!!!!! sold on for a bad price to get shot of :blast
Always had arais and now this shoei. well the only thing i do not like is the padding at the forehead is lower down on the eyebrows. Apart from this it is superb no leaks warm comfortable pin locks never fail. Vents are very good and work well as far as i can tell. And there is ample room for ear pieces.
Well impressed. Got mine for £249 with free tinted visor, wisper kit, pinlocks and a free shoe coat which is very good quality for running about in.
Good stuff!!! :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom