Shoei Multitech

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date

Deleted account W

multitech-helmet_1162825434_471.jpg

Just done five thousand miles in my new Multitech and I'm very impressed.

Had a Shoei Synchrotech then a BMW System 4 before and this is a far better helmet than both of these.

The flip mechanism doesn't need to be slammed shut like the System 4's. Theres no drag when the front is open and travelling at speed.

It comes with a Pinlock visor which worked without fail in the wet and freezing temps I experienced. The first time I've had a helmet that didn't mist up at some point. It also came with a tinted visor which I've yet to try. The visor is easy to fit unlike the struggle I always had with the System 4.

The skirt around the back of the helmet keeps drafts out and the vents on the top let cool air in when it warms up, exactly as they should do.

Theres cut outs for speakers if you want to fit them. And when wearing sunglasses the arms of the glasses end up in this void rather than being trapped between the helmet and your ears causing pain after a while.

The only niggle I have so far is the "D" rings, I've got used to the seat belt type of fastening and it's a pain to go back to a "D" ring.

Just thought I'd pass on my thoughts :thumb2

Totally agree on the assessment , switched over to Shoei after years of Arai helmets and ind the Multitech a brilliant bit of kit.

So impressed I bought a Shoei Hornet recently but that's another story. :aidan

multitech-helmet_1162825434_471.jpg

Just done five thousand miles in my new Multitech and I'm very impressed.

Had a Shoei Synchrotech then a BMW System 4 before and this is a far better helmet than both of these.

The flip mechanism doesn't need to be slammed shut like the System 4's. Theres no drag when the front is open and travelling at speed.

It comes with a Pinlock visor which worked without fail in the wet and freezing temps I experienced. The first time I've had a helmet that didn't mist up at some point. It also came with a tinted visor which I've yet to try. The visor is easy to fit unlike the struggle I always had with the System 4.

The skirt around the back of the helmet keeps drafts out and the vents on the top let cool air in when it warms up, exactly as they should do.

Theres cut outs for speakers if you want to fit them. And when wearing sunglasses the arms of the glasses end up in this void rather than being trapped between the helmet and your ears causing pain after a while.

The only niggle I have so far is the "D" rings, I've got used to the seat belt type of fastening and it's a pain to go back to a "D" ring.

Just thought I'd pass on my thoughts :thumb2

Did you have any problems fitting the skirt/draught excluder.Mine is a pain to fit

Did you have any problems fitting the skirt/draught excluder.Mine is a pain to fit

Not really, pushed it into the centre at the back of the helmet and then worked it in on both side to the front, then made sure the slots in the skirt aligned with the pins at the front of the helmet :)

Best lid ever. I have the white one which with a full flourovest scares car drives silly with the full-on polis appearance. Total comfort for 10-plus hours, not at all noisy with ear plugs (once I get a decent screen on the 12GS) and good with glasses. Can also vouch for the pinlock system keeping the visor mist free in all conditions. In fact, it was deffo below zero this morning and the screen was super clear.

If you've never tried a flip-top, I can't recommend them highly enough as in traffic you can be nice and cool with the lid up. Wearing a 'normal' helmet gets me feeling claustrophobic a bit nowadays. I had a Caberg before - also a flippie and much cheaper - and that was good too but not in the same league, of course.

My draught excluder kept falling off so I lost it but I just use a snood and that does the job. Also, it came with a free tinted-visor althiugh that was well over a year ago.

Totally agree with Waldin, done 20k in mine now and its bang on the money, got a few knocks and scrapes now but it will be getting replaced with another.:thumb2

Totally agree with Waldin, done 20k in mine now and its bang on the money, got a few knocks and scrapes now but it will be getting replaced with another.:thumb2

I am with SkyGod, Walldin etc.

A very good helmet.....:thumb2

Had mine since the day they came oot:thumb2 got it from Ballyfukinmeina on the way tae Donefukal last year:clap soon as Whatton has got one I'll need to go back tae ma old potty an kid on I'm Woody:(

Another :thumb2 from me too!

Much lighter than the System 5 and doesn't give you a headache after half an hour in traffic.

Sounds like its so popular it could be called the 'twat-hat' :augie

I must be like Mr Feckin Punch then because I found that my chin rests on the chin bar :spitfire:spitfire:spitfire Really nice comfy helmet when I've tried em on until I pull the front down :(:(:(

Thinking of going out as a Jimmy Greeves tribute now :augie

+1

I've done 10k in my first one, and was so pleased with it, I bought another one last week because the visor got dirty on the old one.:augie:augie:D

The new version isn't as easy to install the Autocom headset into, and I found that the whisper strip thingy was a twat to fit on the new one, but easier to get round the Autocm lead hanging out of the left side of the lid.

Oh aye, my firts one doesn't have the ACU gold sticker, but the new one does.

The most bazzinist helmet what I have ever owned.:aidan

:cool:
Thanks guys, think that's my mind made up :D

I'm fed up with the water pishing in the front of my Sys5 - second one that's done that :mad: - and have been thinking about the Multitech after seeing Trevmacdev8's one. Then I dropped the Sys5 recently & did a proper number on it :blast Time to go check the piggy bank, me thinks :thumb2

Who's doing the best deals ?

The misses bought one last weekend from J&S should of been £285 but the kind gent let her have it for £260 and he fit the whisper skirt and pin lock.

Bet he doesn't do that for me when I buy mine this week :(

I like my matt black one to found it marks easy nice and comfy like the cut outs for my big ears to fit in
came with choice of two visors light and darkish

well worth the money would buy one again

New helmet being purchased soon, tried on all sorts now and ithis fits my head shape well and feels good, in the shop.

Only downside for me seems to be the "D" Ring helmet fastener.

Am told it's what racers use so it must be good, :thumb
Less prone to coming apart on impact. I remember when :rob upgrading from a Bell in the 70's that the seat belt fastener system (now used on most helmets) was far superior, so why am I now told the opposite is true :confused:
Any figures to back this type of helmet fastener anywhere over the other or is it just cheaper to fit 2 d rings ??

g...........in search of the perfect hemet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom