Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hola From Ushuaia

Cloggie amongst Frogs Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Originally posted by Yosi
    Don Jose: gled to know you came out more or less all right...Would not be a real adventure whitouth a few events, wouldn't be?

Mike W. Well spotted, mate. Bernardo O'higgins, although born in Chile was from Irish ascents indeed. Probably no less interesting is the fact that he was helped by a certain English character, Lord Cochrane who comanded the Chilean navy at the time.
    Who said Irish and English could not achieve something?

went To university THERE !

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Blimey Jose great reports but don't know how you can ride with broken ribs, BIG RESPECT man, take it east and be safe
    Drink Real Ale and Save the Planet

Gone Fishin' Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    What about ye, Joe, glad to hear you're hanging in there, good man yerself. Yer a long way from Belfast, but sure they make boys out of tough oul' boots here

All the best for the rest of the trip

New (Real) Name

Hi All

Just a quickie, as it's Christmas Eve and the party at the campsite in Puerto Madryn awaits.

I heartily endorse everything that Joe has said regarding the Argentine people. They are almost impossibly welcoming and friendly. The HU meeting at Viedma was brilliant www.horizonsunlimited.com for those who don't know it.

I have also had a bit of an off in the deep loose stuff. Been resting up for a week now, my leg and foot are almost back to their normal size after the bike landed on them. Vern's panniers have their first battle scars and dents! The frame has twisted, but only a little and the lids still fit fine. A guy I was riding with crashed his F650GS Dakar and his T'tech pannier was trashed after being ripped from the frame. It took about two hours to beat it back into a shape which enabled it to be remounted. I know which I prefer.

Happy Christmas to one and all.

Mick (aka Squidbrain)

Iain Hogg
    Mick O'Malley ......

Now that MUST be a made up name!!

Happy Christmas, ride safe(r) and have a great New Year,

Iain

Toy maker

On line service

Mick, if you slacken off all the mounting bolts on the frames, the twist will more than likely come out on its own. Failing that, twat it with the biggest f*%king rock you can pick up

officially THE best place to live . . . . Wokingham
    Jose

You keep straight on, and when you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Keep sending us your status reports, good buddy. Drive safely.

Cheers,

Neil.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Jose & Mick ...only just picked up on your thread mate... glad you back on the road ok..

Very heart warming to hear of the love and generosity of the Argentinians ... never been there, but after reading your posts i recon i'd like to..

Best o'luck mate ... take it easy, an keep postin

argentina

howya joe , love what your doin ,just wishin it was me , anyway was watchin the telly the other night and there was a programme on about irish in argentina
    seems a lot went over in the 17 / 1800,s and got land and became big farmers

they were interveiwing there descendents it was weird i could,nt believe it they were talking in argentinian with cavan and mayo accsents for a small country we dont half get around, and your livin proof of that, keep safe,

oh nearly forgot was down in laragh for a spin two weeks ago an some guy with a nordie acsent on a bus tour came over to look at the bike he said me mate joe
    is in india on one of those they call him the celt, small world

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe

innocent CIVILian?

Quote Originally Posted by flash of the gap View Post
    .......oh nearly forgot was down in laragh for a spin two weeks ago an some guy with a nordie acsent on a bus tour came over to look at the bike he said me mate joe
    is in india on one of those they call him the celt, small world
    did the suspect look like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

bus boy

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmios View Post
    did the suspect look like this?
    it was a tour bus, not a sunshine coach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12