Run Into The Malt Whisky Territory

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Offshore for a couple of weeks otherwise I would have joined you.

Welcome to the SS (that's the Scottish Section BTW) and to the forum. There should be some more runs soon that might suit your shift patterns, Kalf. :beerjug:

I dont have an offshore shift pattern, just having to take a job offshore for a couple of weeks. Hoping to join you for a few runs out after that.

Decisions, Decisions . . .

I was going to take my 100GS to the Scottish Classic MC Club gathering at Glenfarg.

Or go to the BMW Club lunch meeting.

However, this sounds like a good run (and I need to break in the new Tourance EXP on the 1150 :D).

So put me down for it :thumb

Bob.

I should be able to meet up @ Tomintoul if I survive a little run in with a contingent of Norn Iron riders on Saturday round the west / north coast.

I'll be easy to spot - I wont be on a german bike :augie.

Hope to see you on Sunday

SteveT

:cool:

I should be able to meet up @ Tomintoul if I survive a little run in with a contingent of Norn Iron riders on Saturday round the west / north coast.

I'll be easy to spot - I wont be on a german bike :augie.

Hope to see you on Sunday

SteveT

:cool:

See you there. Mind and bring plenty money wi' you :thumb

What time are you planning to meet up at Newtonmore?

Seems like a good day out but I reckon it will take me at least 3 hours, possibly more, to get there so it will be an early start.

Also need to get the bearings changed in the front wheel, so dependent on doing that this weekend, before I can confirm.

What time are you planning to meet up at Newtonmore?

Seems like a good day out but I reckon it will take me at least 3 hours, possibly more, to get there so it will be an early start.

Also need to get the bearings changed in the front wheel, so dependent on doing that this weekend, before I can confirm.

I reckon it'll take you 4 hours, Jeff (Provided you still want to keep your licence :thumb).

I'll need to work out a definite time for Newtonmore but I would reckon a 10.30-11:00 kind of timescale. I'm in Fife so I could meet you somewhere before Perth and head north with you. There may well be others too :beerjug:

Takes me about 1:15 to the Forth Bridge, meeting up around 7:15 to 8:00 isn't a problem. I'll confirm one way or another on Monday if I can make it, front wheel bearing change dependant.
Any one know if it's a difficult job to change the bearing, looks OK in the workshop manual but you can't really tell until you actually do it?

Any one know if it's a difficult job to change the bearing, looks OK in the workshop manual but you can't really tell until you actually do it?

If that's on an airhead its not difficult - I warmed the hub with a hot air gun and the bearings came out very easily.

I haven't done them on an oilhead (yet).

Bob.

'Another one worth a look for lunch is Browns Cafe'

if it;sthe one I know off it is at the Bridge of Brown. A small cafe ,owners were originally biker themselves. New owners (as of several years ago) still continue this.Cafe is situated in the middle of (from the east) a series of ascending twisties. The roads in that region are to be tried ooooo sublime :rob

It's an 1150 (2001). That was my plan, also to stick the new bearings in the freezer to get them to contract before fitting, hopefully they will just slide in.

It's an 1150 (2001). also to stick the new bearings in the freezer to get them to contract before fitting

Reminds me of my Artic Commando Training, one of our Squadron guys got severe cold burns when he touched metal on one of the helicopters with bare hands :eek: His hand actually stuck to the metal. Luckily somebody had some tea in a mug which had cooled a bit and poured that over his hands to free them otherwise somebody would have to have taken alternative emergency action to get warm liquid :monkeypiz :rolleyes:

if it;sthe one I know off it is at the Bridge of Brown. A small cafe ,owners were originally biker themselves. New owners (as of several years ago) still continue this.Cafe is situated in the middle of (from the east) a series of ascending twisties. The roads in that region are to be tried ooooo sublime :rob

I remember dropping into a cafe that matches this description about 10 years ago, they had a "Bikers Welcome" sign and a real bike on display somehwere inside the premises. This was just NW of Tomintoul so I imagiane it's the same place.

Think I'll phone them and we can maybe have lunch here...

Sunday

I reckon it'll take you 4 hours, Jeff (Provided you still want to keep your licence :thumb).

I'll need to work out a definite time for Newtonmore but I would reckon a 10.30-11:00 kind of timescale. I'm in Fife so I could meet you somewhere before Perth and head north with you. There may well be others too :beerjug:

Didn't get the bearings changed but old ones felt ok when I took the wheel out, so I'll be coming out to play:clap Ronno, what time do you want to met up & where?

Back
Top Bottom