Run Into The Malt Whisky Territory

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
The problem with the Bridge of Brown Cafe is Stopping ,I love the road down into it and especially the wee corners coming out .I find the wee tea room at Corgaff a handy wee place to stop.

Don't think I am going to be able manage this one now as my Ex told me tonight that she has to go into work next Sunday morning for staff training, so I won't get babysitting for Skye until after midday :(

attn: Herr Ronno

On the understanding Scotland hasn't closed due to lack of fuel.... no need to panic buy, but you should have seen Tesco yesterday!

How's about meeting at Perth? I think some others might do the same, as I was planning the doon then up route and I don't have a fecking clue:rolleyes: where we're going in Newtonmore.

There's a Tesco on the west side which is an option

On the understanding Scotland hasn't closed due to lack of fuel.... no need to panic buy, but you should have seen Tesco yesterday!

How's about meeting at Perth? I think some others might do the same, as I was planning the doon then up route and I don't have a fecking clue:rolleyes: where we're going in Newtonmore.

There's a Tesco on the west side which is an option

Hi Phil, fuel crisis permitting, a Perth meet would be fine. Broxden Services is the normal meeting place. Tesco might be confusing as there are 2 (or maybe even 3) in Perth. Broxden is the one on the Perth side of the "Glasgow roundabout" at the A9/M90 interchange.

Newtonmore meet is HERE

Didn't get the bearings changed but old ones felt ok when I took the wheel out, so I'll be coming out to play:clap Ronno, what time do you want to met up & where?

Jeff, How about meeting at Broxden Services at Perth? See my post directly above in reply to PhilM. I'll work out times later...:thumb2

Hi Phil, fuel crisis permitting, a Perth meet would be fine. Broxden Services is the normal meeting place. Tesco might be confusing as there are 2 (or maybe even 3) in Perth. Broxden is the one on the Perth side of the "Glasgow roundabout" at the A9/M90 interchange.

Newtonmore meet is HERE

Cheers Ronno, we'll get the rest figured out later :thumb

Sunday

Jeff, How about meeting at Broxden Services at Perth? See my post directly above in reply to PhilM. I'll work out times later...:thumb2

Broxden Services is fine with me:thumb2 petrol permitting:mmmm.

Just let me know what time you want to meet & I'll be there. I'll be the one wearing a HG 'twat-a-like' suit on a silver 1150.

I remember dropping into a cafe that matches this description about 10 years ago, they had a "Bikers Welcome" sign and a real bike on display somehwere inside the premises. This was just NW of Tomintoul so I imagiane it's the same place.

Think I'll phone them and we can maybe have lunch here...

I think thats the one Ronno:thumb2
Have a good one, I hope the weather is as good as it was yesterday (even though I'll be offshore:tears ).

AndyT:cool:

Attachments

• browns cafe.jpg
    browns cafe.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 87
Hi Ronno,
It's the "Brig o' Broon cafe or the Old Fire Station Cafe in Tomintoul in the main street. The Brig used to be owned by Graham & Suzie Larrington, mates of mine but under new and not better ownership now. Name the venue and approx time and I will meet you there. I can PM you the mobile number to contact me on. Have you been out over the Dava and Dulcie Bridge way??

Hi Ronno,
It's the "Brig o' Broon cafe or the Old Fire Station Cafe in Tomintoul in the main street. The Brig used to be owned by Graham & Suzie Larrington, mates of mine but under new and not better ownership now. Name the venue and approx time and I will meet you there. I can PM you the mobile number to contact me on. Have you been out over the Dava and Dulcie Bridge way??

Is the Brig no good for lunches now then, Andy? If not, we'll meet at the Old Firestation in Tomintoul. Times to be finalised.

I haven't been over that Dava/Dulcie Bridge route. Local knowledge in this cracking area will be mucho welcome :thumb2 If Stumpy can't make it, how would you like to be Chief Scout? :augie

Edit: My thanks go to Sir Jimmy Saville for typing my first sentence for me...

The old firestation it is then, give me an idea of time and I will meet you all in the square at Tomintoul, I will go and get out the war paint and feathers to act as lead scout out over the Dava to Dulcie and the wee back roads just meant for a GS

The old firestation it is then, give me an idea of time and I will meet you all in the square at Tomintoul, I will go and get out the war paint and feathers to act as lead scout out over the Dava to Dulcie and the wee back roads just meant for a GS

Mair like Rikki Fultons Big Chief Swift half:beer:

:D

I should be able to meet up @ Tomintoul if I survive a little run in with a contingent of Norn Iron riders on Saturday round the west / north coast.

I'll be easy to spot - I wont be on a german bike :augie.

Hope to see you on Sunday

SteveT

:cool:

Hi Steve,

What you going to be on - the Yamaha, or have you not got that anymore?

I'm going to be meeting Andy Cam at his place so could meet you as you go past the end of my road if you like....just remember I don't ride fast though :D

Iain

How about 09:00 at Broxden

10.30 at Newtonmore and

12/12.30 at Tomintoul?

The forecast for Sunday is light showers. I suppose two consequtive braw Sundays would be too much tae ask...:(

Back
Top Bottom