Altberg boots

coyotedave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got my Altberg boots y/day, ''Hog all weather,'' after 3 month wait for adjustment and sizing, so now, 9.1/2 narrow fit.
So went for ride out today, Hawes, Tan hill, Reeth, Masham, Ripon and back home. Boots felt very comfortable on the bike, No need to alter the gear lever, they were also warm, it was 4℃ at Tan hill.
There is no hard armor, but quite a bit of padding at the front.

Attachments

• 003-resized.jpg
    003-resized.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,428
Had mine for 3 years now ,great fit from start ,Great that they do half sizes.

How do you find the sizing?I have a pair of Altberg Field and Fell boots,size nine,my usual size and I find that they are just that bit small.The danger of internet shopping I suppose.

I went up to the clasic bike show to get mine. Lucky I did as none of them fitted, so they made me a pair specially and charged and extra 35p (may maybe a bit more, but not much).
2 years of wearing them most days, they are the bizz

Ive had a pair of Altberg bike boots for 15 years. Been re-soled......just so comfortable.:thumb2

Brilliant boots, had mine several years no problems with them.

Trophydave, im a off the shelf size 9 but the guys at Altberg measure across your foot and back of your heel, so you get all round fit and comfort. Its worth going up there for a fitting/sizing. You may have to wait some time for them been made, as i did, but its worth the wait.

Just been to Richmond and got some walking boots .Seem to be ok but not yet worn in. Tried all the usual shops (usually take size 47) but could not get any with a wide toebox, all pinched too much at the toes. Alt Berg measured and suggested bigger size which seem to be the ones I need. Strange this as my BMW bike boots are size 47,had them for 3 years and they are fine. Can only suggest Alt Berg sizes are a bit smaller than others,so best to try on before you buy.

Got really pissed off when I was there due to the number of army lads buying boots. When I got chatting they told me standard issue boots are crap so they have to buy their own if they want decent ones.
How can this be when the state pay so many useless w*nkers so much for doing eff all ?? Surely the guys who go out to get their limbs blown off deserve better than this

Trophydave, im a off the shelf size 9 but the guys at Altberg measure across your foot and back of your heel, so you get all round fit and comfort. Its worth going up there for a fitting/sizing. You may have to wait some time for them been made, as i did, but its worth the wait.

Good advice.I have since bought a pair of size 9.5 Altbergs off Fleabay,they fit just fine.

altberg,s

I went to Richmond a year ago to get measured up. the chap says your a size 10 wide fit on your left foot,and yetti size on the right:confused:three month,s later the hogg originals arrive, perfect fit. that was over a year ago and they are the most comfortable boots ive had.

Rodsharp, they are getting better at issueing good kit for tours now, we get Lowas and meindl (dependent on your size) from this year onwards,
however I bought some altberg mountains about 6 years ago, still going!!

They won't win any style prizes that's for sure :eek:

Very true - but that's the only fault I can find with Altberg's

I've had mine over 5 years and covered over 48K miles and they still look almost like new, I would never buy any other make of boots.

For me Alteberg's are no 1!

They won't win any style prizes that's for sure :eek:

If you want style go to Prada..

They are intended to be functional not pretty :)

My wife does 'pretty'.... thats why she has 9 'winter' coats and not one will keep her warm or dry...:rob

You'll find function and style here;

http://www.daytona.de/ :thumb

Where ? - looked all over the site and saw boots only fit for riding a motorcycle.

Altbergs allow you to ride and walk in equal comfort , that is functional, and to be honest the Daytona boots look as stylish as desert wellies and socks ;)

Saying that I have been wearing my BMW Santiagos day in day out for nearly three years now and can't fault them. when tey eveentually do wear out I will be buying Altbergs to replace them.

Back
Top Bottom