Intaride vs Autocom

Mike, they have a new version coming out in June - maybe this will address these issues - I'll post an update as after trying the Intaride A80 'bike to bike' today, I will definitely get one.

I took some time to make sure the speakers were positioned well and went for blast with a friend who has the Autocom with a Kenwood. Brilliant on clarity, volume plenty in reserve (above 80mph on position 2 of 8) and the cables and PTT were really good kit. Lost contact at 3 miles apart. I also played the iPod through it which again was very clear at all speeds.

Including the radio I paid £119 which I think is a bargain - very happy chappy:bounce1

Thanks everyone for your input!

The right choice im sure. :thumb

Conclusion

I meant to post this when I came back off my hol...

After 2 weeks touring Europe, I conclude the Intaride is great. Even my two friends who had both bought Autocoms had to admit it was as good, if not better than their systems. That's without taking into account the difference in price, so Intaride is better value when you add that in.

The EVO (with the very impressive and versatile A80 radio) could be heard clear and at more distance than the others, both incoming and outgoing messages. Use with mp3 was fine, fades in and out well. Only thing I think they should add is a handlebar volume adjuster for mp3, and the amplification could be better if you want to be picky (then again not everyone will spend £1000 on B&O sound system like me..) Voice clarity was 100% though, even at 130.... (Germany..)

8.5/10

I completely concur with the good comments on the intaride, had my system for nearly 2 years, any problems have always been sorted without hesitation, there always willing to see you and discuss any requirements and everytime I've visited they've given me a free software upgrade. I'm going tomorrow to see them to upgrade the Evo to bike to bike with the new radio. I can't compare with autocom but just on customer care I would rate them highly compared to autocom who came across as 'up emselves' when I was enquiring about a system. :thumb for Intaride

As a side note I have the Evo and thought that the sound was a bit low, my mate has an Autocom and said his volume was good and not tinny in sound. I then bought Autocom headset speakers and wired them into the Intaride headset and the sound and volume of sound is much better. Conclusion: I think the quality of the Autocom speakers is far superior to Intarides!

Took a trip to see the guys at intaride about bike to bike comms today, again service was first rate making up an extension lead while I waited. They've got some very interesting stuff in the pipeline, it will put every other system in the shade. :eek:

Took a trip to see the guys at intaride about bike to bike comms today, again service was first rate making up an extension lead while I waited. They've got some very interesting stuff in the pipeline, it will put every other system in the shade. :eek:

like:bounce1:bounce1

They've (Intaride) got some very interesting stuff in the pipeline, it will put every other system in the shade. :eek:

There is a good general point here. This seems to be a very competitive market at the moment, especially with all the development around bluetooth and digital amplification. (I reckon all the high end systems are reasonable - including the two unsupported-in-the-UK German sytems). What is number one in the "charts" at the moment doesn't stay there very long and the comprehensive independent tests can't stay abreast. (I know Mike Werner tries his best).
I have locked myself onto an Autocom track because they always seems to do extremely well - even if they are not number one at any specific moment - they don't sell anything of questionable legality and have very good aftersales and factory fitting service. I accept that other systems might indeed give better performance, but I might also not be able to tell.
It remains to be be seen what Autocom's new kit is like.

It does beg the question about autocom though, why are they always having a half price sale :nenau

Autocom sells globally, unlike many others. They are trying to satisfy customers world-wide who are hungry for equipment, but not have too much old stock around when the new kit is released - hopefully at the NEC. Hence the occasional half-price sales.

It does beg the question about autocom though, why are they always having a half price sale :nenau

As advertised its a stock clearance sale so that speaks for itself really. Our new systems are ready so we need to make way ourselves for new stock and also to allow for our 200 dealers to do the same.

Rich :beerjug:

But..... it seems like theres always a sale at autocom, (I know I'm probably wrong :augie) so if they can be sold at half price are they alot cheaper to produce than some would like to admit :nenau or are autocom taking a massive loss selling off old stock. Personally I don't think a company would take a massive hit just to shift stock (maybe a reduction in profit would be a better way of saying it :augie)

This year is the only year we have run two lots of sales in the same year, the only other times we do offers are for the NEC and London bikes which to be honest most people do the same which is only once a year.

Rich :beerjug:

what about starcom? and i know the ? was intaride v autocom

A very good question indeed.

Every time there is an intercom comparison test in RiDE magazine, Intaride and Starcom are significantly absent.

Nobody knows why they will not take part in the comparison except the manufacturers themselves.

i have a starcom and the customer service has been brilliant the unit works great and managed to get gps phone and swmbo plus bike to bike with no problems, now looking at better comms for NEG work and i think intaride have the problem solved and it will work with my starcom :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom