IPOD ON A BIKE

Hi I brought a little remote for my ipod that I made a mount the goes on the mirrior mount you can operate it with your thumb play ,pause,volume up-down and skip to next track its waterproof it Cost about £30 with p&p from the States through Ebay Its called an Ijet, As for wiring an ipod to your bike they will run for ages before they need charging stick it in your jacket and get an ijet, I forgot to say the remote is wireless

Hi guys I have been doing a bit of research into this so you need a power supply see link 1 and you need a water proof case that you can mount to your bars and run a sat nav app and play music and take phone calls see link 2 I think if you paired your iphone to this set up with a scala Q2 you would have everthing you need in one devicehttp://www.burnsmoto.com/usb-power-socket-weatherproof.phphttp://www.evanscycles.com/products/dahon/biologic-bike-mount-for-iphone-ec022856?rw.cm=PriceGrabber,CSE,&rw.cm=PriceGrabber,CSE,null :clap

Slightly related question...

Will a basic lead (3.5mm one end, smaller size on the other) from a Zumo550 to an Autocom Easi-Plus be sufficient to listen to directions through headphones, or will one a lead similar to this one be required?

Only the GPS will be powered through the bike battery.

:blast:blast:blastWhats even better i posted on it last year think i had just finished the xmas sherry when posted:beerjug:

For iPod on the bike I use in the ear buds which sound great and also act as ear plugs to reduce wind noise. I don't charge the ipod on the go as it'll run all day on a charge, usually charge at home or from the bike if camping.
I set the ipod to shuffle and keep in inside pocket for waterproof safety.

BUT the big winner is the remote control. :thumb
I have a little remote control device from ebay for a few quid so I can pause or adjust the volume and choose next or back through the tracks. It works brilliantly and only cost a few quid. It works from a CR2032 type battery which lasts ages. I have the remote velcro'd inside the left hand guard for easy access. :cool:

A bit like this 260730230242
but there are plenty available that can be carried in tank bag pocket or velcro'd round the mirror stem etc.

I used to have an Autocom Pro, had everything wired until I got a BTooth A2DP headset. Therefore the Ipod I used is a 'Touch', with BT functions. An Iphone will also do and will help with calls as well.

I have a RAM 'AQUA' box and I packed a 12V cig lighter and charger for the IPOD in it. The wires emerging from the box is simply wired to the 12V system of the bike with a relay an an auxillary switch.

All looks neat and tidy.

I have a similar setup as well for a Garmin Nuvi 255W as I won't fork up the bucks for a Zumo.

I'll post some pics if you like.

I used to have an Autocom Pro, had everything wired until I got a BTooth A2DP headset. Therefore the Ipod I used is a 'Touch', with BT functions. An Iphone will also do and will help with calls as well.

I have a RAM 'AQUA' box and I packed a 12V cig lighter and charger for the IPOD in it. The wires emerging from the box is simply wired to the 12V system of the bike with a relay an an auxillary switch.

All looks neat and tidy.

I have a similar setup as well for a Garmin Nuvi 255W as I won't fork up the bucks for a Zumo.

I'll post some pics if you like.

:postpics

Here's the setup we've been using on our bikes out in Morocco. IPhone 4 Biologic waterproof case with Burns Moto USB port wired Ito the GPS power take-off.

We're using TomTom and CoPilot apps for nav, which both work well. :)

Hi KarltenM,
No plans to change I'm afraid. They are standard 20mm.

Regards, colin

Back
Top Bottom