Who's Going to Baskerville from Scotland?

garfield

Reaction score
So my plan is to ride down on the Friday morning (16th May), I'll be leaving from just South of Edinburgh, shoot down the A7, onto the M6 and so on.....

Not sure of my leaving time but I suspect I'll leave late morning time from Edinburgh. Maybe around 10-11'ish

Does anyone want to join me on the A7 stretch :nenau

If anyone is coming down from the West, we could RV at a service station near Carlisle if that suited.....

If no one can do it, fine by me.....I'll ride on my own....:( .....besides I wouldn't want to get held up by anyone.....:augie

Thoughts?

:eek:onyack

Hello Garfield

I'm travelling down on the Friday but wanted to start much earlier and take a scenic(ish) route.

I'll go to Kilmarnock (from Newton Mearns) and then down the A76 which comes out in the Gretna area close to the A7.

Then a bit of motorway down past the lakes on the M6.

I don't "know" Wales at all but had planned to take the M6 and get off at 20A, west on M56 to J10 then pick up the A49 - A44 - A4112 - A438

If you want to leave earlier and meet up I'll delay my planned 07:30 start but I want to make a "day" of it and get in to Baskeville around 17:00 or 18:00hrs.

sounds like a plan...:thumb.....it will take me from my house, 1 and a 1/2 hours to ride down to Carlisle (junction 44 where the A7 joins the M6)....maybe meet there about 9-9.30 say :nenau

Will be riding over from Hexham so could meet up with you guys at 09.00-09.30. :aidan Might be nice to bimble down the A6 to Lancaster if the weather was half decent before the dreaded M6:D

If no one can do it, fine by me.....I'll ride on my own....:( .....besides I wouldn't want to get held up by anyone.....:augie

Thoughts?
:eek:onyack

I've seen you on your bike............. Stevie Wonder might hold you up.......... :augie

Have a good weekend :thumb

Al :D

sounds like a plan...:thumb.....it will take me from my house, 1 and a 1/2 hours to ride down to Carlisle (junction 44 where the A7 joins the M6)....maybe meet there about 9-9.30 say :nenau

That sounds like a confirmed plan.

Any particular meeting point at that junction? I've never used it so don'y know if there is a cafe or similar.

Will be riding over from Hexham so could meet up with you guys at 09.00-09.30. :aidan Might be nice to bimble down the A6 to Lancaster if the weather was half decent before the dreaded M6:D

if Packer and I meet up at Jct 44, I can wait at the roundabout slip road, we could shoot down to Jct 43 (that's where the A69 joins) and pick you up and the hit the trail....:nenau

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=carlisle+uk&ie=UTF8&ll=54.902129,-2.929401&spn=0.011195,0.028002&t=h&z=14&output=embed&s=AARTsJr2gvEx9FXHTU5gKz91dp2pdCmfHA"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=carlisle+uk&ie=UTF8&ll=54.902129,-2.929401&spn=0.011195,0.028002&t=h&z=14&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

if Packer and I meet up at Jct 44, I can wait at the roundabout slip road, we could shoot down to Jct 43 (that's where the A69 joins) and pick you up and the hit the trail....:nenau

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=carlisle+uk&ie=UTF8&ll=54.902129,-2.929401&spn=0.011195,0.028002&t=h&z=14&output=embed&s=AARTsJr2gvEx9FXHTU5gKz91dp2pdCmfHA"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=carlisle+uk&ie=UTF8&ll=54.902129,-2.929401&spn=0.011195,0.028002&t=h&z=14&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Great. Will meet you on the slip road from the roundabout to the M6 at Junction 43 09.30 (or earlier if you prefer):thumb

Great. Will meet you on the slip road from the roundabout to the M6 at Junction 43 09.30 (or earlier if you prefer):thumb

If you come off at J44 and head towards Carlisle, there's a BP on the RHS after a couple of 100 yards.

There's a good wee local shop just after that on the left doing coffees, hot pies, sandwiches etc.

Alternatively, turn right at the first set of lights and there's a golden arches just up there.

Perhaps better than waiting on the hard shoulder, VOSA and traffic police active in the area :thumb

My route to J44 is well over 2.5hrs acording to Multimap so I'll set off at 07:00 and reckon to be there at 09:00 or a little before. POGS sugg4estion looks worthwhile, I'm not over keen on waiting on the slip road but it's up to you Garfield as it's as likely to be you waiting for me if my timing is over ambitious.

My route to J44 is well over 2.5hrs acording to Multimap so I'll set off at 07:00 and reckon to be there at 09:00 or a little before. POGS sugg4estion looks worthwhile, I'm not over keen on waiting on the slip road but it's up to you Garfield as it's as likely to be you waiting for me if my timing is over ambitious.

My suggestions are literally 2 minutes off the A74/M6 including the wait at traffic lights. Better to arrange a waiting spot that's not too conspicuous ?

yeah I'm happy to meet at the petrol station....say 9'ish for us, then bash down to the next junction and meet Petcul say 9.15'ish

Why don't you meet at a Service station and have a coffee as the majority of you will be in need of a cuppa and the loos. There is are services about 4 miles south of Junction 42 which would be ideal for you.

I am heading down but will be staying at my parents on the Thursday night in Manchester and picking up my dog on the way back so will catch you guys down there.;)

AndyT:cool:

OK Happy to meet at the good wee local shop after the BP service station just off J44 at 09.00. Far more sensible than hanging around on hard shoulders etc. in the rain!:augie

See you then unless there is a change of plan.

consensus achieved....Bp Petrol Station at 9 a.m......:thumb

see you'se all then....:eek:onyack (shouldn't we have a Morris Dancing Smilie for the Engerlish :nenau)

Back
Top Bottom