1100-1150 and 1200 GS throttle lock/cruise control

Odd that.. And you could not back it off ? I have heated grips and had no problems..

BUT !!!!!

I have just had a unit fail the weather test :mad: :blast

I few units were made from a low grade stainless steel. I believe there was only five with the problem ( new lad picked up the wrong bloody bar ) and they have been scrapped ( only one got sent out and a replacement duly shipped ) but if you have one that starts going rusty ( !!!!!!!!!!!!! ) get in touch and a replacement will be sent out straight away :thumb

Hoping these are still in production! Just ordered a throttle lock and bar end for a 1200. Heading off to Scotland on Saturday so hopeful I might have it fitted before I go.... :D

Just fitted it and very pleased. Beautifully made farkle if I may say! I had to get a matching bar end for the other end as well :augie

As a slight aside on initial fitting, after I had tightened the bar end up the cruise control was so tight on the rubber it wouldn't work correctly. A brief chat with jaws and the solution was a small washer/spacer inside the grip on the end of the bar end bolt which just pushed the whole thing out 1-2mm. Now works perfectly.

Glad I didn't go and buy the TT version at 3 times the cost!

:beerjug:

Cheers Jim :beerjug:
We have come across your issue a few times over the years.. It is actually caused by slight variations in the way the bikes are assembled to start with.

The correct ( if there can be such a thing :D ) thing to do would be to loosen the throttle body clamp bolts, move the assembly in-board by one or two mm, and retighten.. But popping a washer in the bar end works just as well !!! :thumb

Order placed - I hope

PM sent sent re order for 1150 throttle lock :thumb2

Just ordered one for my 1200GSA from your website, nice easy payment via Paypal. Should save my throttle hand from agony next time I take the bike on a long run.

Quick question, if these stiffen the throttle so it doesn't move with your hand off, how stiff is it to roll the throttle off again or do you tend to turn it 'on or off' as it were as you're riding?

iv all ready got a throttle lock on gs one of the big brand names the issue i have is you have to turn to clock wise to lock the thing. witch is tricky and the other issue it when its fully loosen ie off. when you use the heated grips the grip expands can locks the throttle on.

so witch way do you turn it to lock it on

and dose your throttle lock when the heated grips are on

iv all ready got a throttle lock on gs one of the big brand names the issue i have is you have to turn to clock wise to lock the thing. witch is tricky and the other issue it when its fully loosen ie off. when you use the heated grips the grip expands can locks the throttle on.

so witch way do you turn it to lock it on

and dose your throttle lock when the heated grips are on

?????????????

Back
Top Bottom