Cheapest for Ohlins ??

Animal

23k on my Adventure, and I've had enough.

The rear shoch *seems* to work fine, but the damping is not overly consistant (a subtle way of saying knackered)

Anyone suggest a cheap place to buy Ohlins replacements (F+R)

Cheapest I've found is Motorworks @ £750

cheapest

Animal,
£750 sounds a fair price,thats what myself and friend paid a year ago and we brought nearly 2K of stuff altogether,but not to worry you about the reliability of the ohlins that motorworks supply,see thread called (blown ohlins) where both of our fronts blew seals within 20 miles.Personally if I had to buy anything like this again I would go straight to harris you might pay a bit more
but they know their beans and any trouble it will be sorted in a matter of couple of days.Andy

Try harris

Have you tried?
<a href="http://www.harris-performance.com/website/frameset2.htm">Harris Performance</a>

They also do some good deals from time to time and set your shocks up according to your size.

:gringo

I bought a brand new rear Ohlins from Motorworks for my Adventure around October'ish and their price was £ 425.00 + delivery charges. If you are looking at the Motorworks catalogue ( even the on-line one ), all their Ohlins prices are wrong - telephone them for their updated prices. After researching and talking to various folks I also decided to get a heavier spring fitted, which took Harris an extra 2 months to fit. I recieved my shock last week.

Unfortunately it now looks like I won't be needing this shock & will probably be selling it in the very near future. If you ( or anyone else ) is interested in buying a brand new Ohlins with an uprated spring, send me a PM. It's only been out of the box once and that was to inspect it.

I have a rear with only a couple of thou on it (fitted in June) I am looking to shift so would do you a reasonable price.

mrTickle said:
I bought a brand new rear Ohlins from Motorworks for my Adventure around October'ish and their price was £ 425.00 + delivery charges. If you are looking at the Motorworks catalogue ( even the on-line one ), all their Ohlins prices are wrong - telephone them for their updated prices. After researching and talking to various folks I also decided to get a heavier spring fitted, which took Harris an extra 2 months to fit. I recieved my shock last week.

Unfortunately it now looks like I won't be needing this shock & will probably be selling it in the very near future. If you ( or anyone else ) is interested in buying a brand new Ohlins with an uprated spring, send me a PM. It's only been out of the box once and that was to inspect it.

...Geoffrey you old dog! ...have you ordered one to?

Yes folks i may well be sellin my brand new pair of Oilins also ...still in the bloody box to..:confused:

Shifting shocks?

What's the story with you guys wanting to shift new ohlins shocks? Are they not what you thought they'd be? Found something better (WP for example)

WP... hmmmm

I run WP on my Triumph Trackbike, and it's awesome stuff, but I've not seen anyone who lists Adventure shocks :confused:

Lord Snooty said:
I have a rear with only a couple of thou on it (fitted in June) I am looking to shift so would do you a reasonable price.

I'll be wanting to change both at the same time, so I'll see what Charlie has to say, but I may well get back to you...

mrTickle said:

Why the heavy spring :confused:

I'm only 5ft 8, and not the heaviest person in the world, so I'm thinking that it might not suit me...

Animal said:

I'm only 5ft 8, and not the heaviest person in the world, so I'm thinking that it might not suit me...
Nearly always with pillion (the lovely but ever-so slightly taller than average Dorothy), a set of heavily laden Vern's panniers stuffed full of the everything including the kitshen sink, the biggest camping stove ever and a stock up from Makro's for the catering!! :D

Would be ideal for me if only I was working :(

Mike O said:
The invoice? :D

Invoice is 16th December 03, delivery was 18th December 03

Eh? Do tell......

Don't try property develpment to make a crust

I've been waiting for payment since Feb 03 and just been told that no there's no possiblity of payment for at least another 2 months :mad:. I am having to put in a contingincy plan just in case it drags on longer than that. Expect to see some further bits for sale in the near future :mad:

Animal said:

No worries. Harris built the shock to take a weight range of between 90-200kgs, with a 90% touring bias. I think they told me it's one heavier than a stock jobbie. I decided to order a decent shock after the Princetown rideout -I was 2 up and at times, the bike was a bit like a pogo stick.

I spoke to 8 people with aftermarket shocks and all but one told me that they wished they had requested a heavier spring. If you are 70kgs or lighter, a standard Ohlins shock is fine. The downside of requesting a heavier spring is that Harris has to custom build it for you and that takes between 2-6 months depending when you order it ( ie 6 months during racing season, 2 months during winter ). Most folks just order the bog standard off the shelf jobbie because they can't be bothered waiting for Harris. Harris also sets up the damping, so in effect the shock is completely rebuilt by them and not just a case of fitting a heavier spring to it. Send Charlie Batty a PM as he is possibly selling his Ohlins shocks.

Rear Ohlins

When I had mine rebuilt - I bought a heavier 160nM spring (over the 140nM standard spring) and had the damping revised for my style and weight by KAIS Performance of Manchester and it's far better now.
If you're in the North go to KAIS over Harris for your official Ohlins service.

Back
Top Bottom