ANOTHER Megamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine out on Sunday for the first time in almost 3 months as well :D :D

Still a great bike :D, only managed about 90 miles, but just good to get back on it again. Mine's now at 4,700 miles.

Sunday was the first time I'd ridden it with the de-cat headers on, still with no baffles in the stock can, a touch louder but not excessively so, so will stick with it for now.

I can't remember the details and reasons now, but I did speak with Dynojet about Power Commanders at the bike show, and at that time they didn't have anything compatible with the Megamoto. As I say, can't remember the reasoning, but it wasn't just a case of bolting on a 1200GS one and then re-mapping to suit the Megamoto.

I can't remember the details and reasons now, but I did speak with Dynojet about Power Commanders at the bike show, and at that time they didn't have anything compatible with the Megamoto. As I say, can't remember the reasoning, but it wasn't just a case of bolting on a 1200GS one and then re-mapping to suit the Megamoto.

Cheers,Joe Bar. I'm getting the work done by PDQ at Taplow.Nick the Dyno Op is the Guy everyone else asks for info,so if it needs sorting,he is the man for the job.

Cheers,Joe Bar. I'm getting the work done by PDQ at Taplow.Nick the Dyno Op is the Guy everyone else asks for info,so if it needs sorting,he is the man for the job.

I've used them for suspension work on a couple of my previous bikes, and was more than happy with their work. I'm sure you'll keep us posted with how you get on :thumb

Watch This Space, , , :thumb2

Well,this

MM2.jpg

is now here

pdq_outside_2005.jpg

waiting for this

HPN0019.jpg

to arrive from HPN.

Add K&N Filter and Pipe to Bike,place on Dyno and stand well back !! :thumb2

Digga,Once the work's been done,I'll arrange a photshoot with mine and Joe Bar's, just for you. :augie

Never seen a picture of two MM's in the same place at the same time :) :)

Make sure you get another lottery ticket on Saturday Darryl, and we might make it three ;)

Might just do that.... been a while since i last bought one. You never know could be time for a change of luck :)

BLING ! Went the Strings of my Heart

Sadly,not ready for Kesh but here it is !! :drool :drool

Picture005.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture008.jpg

So,What's it like,Mister ??

It Fits Perfectly,the Finish is Exemplary.
As you can see from the Dyno Chart,the Pipe and K&N have given an increase, over the Standard Set-Up, of 2.24 BHP and 2.3 lbs of Torque :eek::eek::eek:
The Standard EFI has adjusted itself to the system and Nick the Dyno Op at PDQ reckons there is no need for a Power Commander or similar.
The Top End Figures are about what HPN claim but their Base Comparison figure is lower than my Stock reading.
However,out on the Road there is a Definite Improvement.I'm running the Bike with the Baffle Out (the Red Line). The Engine is crisper,spins up faster and the improvement from 4200 > 4800 RPM and again from 5600 > 7400 is more noticeable than you would think. I'll be honest,the figures were a bit of a disappointment but the Riding Experience made me a LOT happier.
The Sound from the System is louder but not Ducati Loud and i still get the pops and bangs on the over run :augie

Bottom Line-
Well it is probably the most expensive 2.24 BHP i've ever bought but overall,i'm glad that i've done the mods.

Honourable Mentions to HPN for Supplying the Pipe,Larry Webb @ PDQ for the Fitting and Nick @ PDQ for the Dyno Work. If you want Tuning/Engineering/Servicing done,i cannot recommend them highly enough. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Picture008.jpg

So,What's it like,Mister ??

The Standard EFI has adjusted itself to the system and Nick the Dyno Op at PDQ reckons there is no need for a Power Commander or similar.

That's good news as the dyno chart air/fuel ratios confirm what both Dynojet told me at the NEC show, and what Aros told me, that the standard system would cope and adjust itself to suit.

However,out on the Road there is a Definite Improvement.I'm running the Bike with the Baffle Out (the Red Line).

You can see that the whole engine runs much better with the baffle out, and the lean dip at 3,500 disappears.

The Sound from the System is louder but not Ducati Loud and i still get the pops and bangs on the over run :augie

Similar to how I've found the de-cat headers, louder, but not offensively so. I'm still running with the baffles out, and looking at your dyno chart Dave, I'm not likely to be re-fitting them anytime soon :augie

Thanks for posting them Dave, makes for interesting reading. I'd hazard at a guess that with my de-cat headers my figures wouldn't be far adrift from yours, as it looks as if the standard can is pretty efficient anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom