Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction

EXCITED MEMBER...!!!! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice one Margus.

Look forward to seeing you here.
    ***** 2006 BMW R1200GS *****

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    No update from us for some time now - been working our arses off: saving, working, saving... The whole summer going to work with a bone-powered bicycle

Now the day has come when we're officially workless and off from our Tallinn's rental flat, to our parent's house () in the contryside to finalize our preparation and leave around october.

And then off (hopefully!)

So we're already living a nomadic life. No real estate ownerships, loans, kids etc holdig us back. Hopefully it'll come as a pro for our big trip that'll be very budget oriented with higher risks and less comforts (3 or more star hotels won't be in our list).

Good news is we got our car sold:

Nice and problem-free cage, but pointless to leave it rusting for a few years. The sale gave a notable boost to our budget, so we hope that we won't have to return home before planned time.

And what a joy it is to be w/o a cage: no service/insurance/fuel cost hassle, thieft, crash etc worries. We really start to like the minimalist life.

The bike is now our only means of transport. And we shall search for soul-richness rahter than material wealth in the coming days.

Currently we have slightly over a half of the planned budget for the 3-year RTW project together by ourselves and hunting for possible sponsors for the rest. Our project web and blog can be found here:

http://yhelteljel.ee

It's currently all in Estonian, but hopefully will give you some idea.

Currently organizing our bike transport to Buenos Aires and looks like we'll have to ride it to London/Heathrow airport for pickup and crating. We ourselves have to fly from London to Madrid and from there to Buenos Aires to pick up the bike later.

More later and maybe see you on the road!?

Good roads, Margus (& Kariina)

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsiklonaut View Post
    So we're already living a nomadic life. No real estate ownerships, loans, kids etc holdig us back..............

As long as you haven't had to sell your hi-fi

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    As long as you haven't had to sell your hi-fi

Andres
    That's spot on Andres - that's the only fortune we're keeping the rest is already sold or given away. No-one takes away my rarity vinyl collection, turntable and tube amp. It's definately a keeper - good to listen and cheer us up when shete or low times are coming

Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    ...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Kiltartan's poor.......
    Good luck Margus & Kariina

This is going to be great
    cant wait on the reports
    Travel is fatal to hatred, bigotry and prejudice.
    love n laughter

Member Supported Charities Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Good luck and safe journeys to you both

Aidan is soooo jealous

Good luck Margus, I've booked marked your site (not that I can read it), looking forward to some of your spectacular photography, I'm assuming you've kept your camera equipment along with the record collection

Varadero explorer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Looks a good web/blog Margus - just wish I spoke Estonian

I wish you the best of luck on what sounds like a trip of a lifetime
    Solvitur ambulando

SteveBC
    Margus,
    If by chance you come through Thailand i can offer you both a free of charge apartment for a few days. I live in Pattaya which is about 120 klms south east of Bangkok. Just give me a day or two notice.

steveuk_thailand@yahoo.co.uk

I can also help with any repairs that you may require, there are some good workshops here, cheap too.

Regards Steve.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

By the time you could reach Australia I will probably have returned to UK, but all the best Margus, may good fortune keep you both safe and well. I look forward to your ride reports and stunning photographs.

Bon Voyage and good luck.
    ADAM

2008 R1200GSA
    2011 Yamaha Tmax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12