Introduction

Tsiklonaut

GS pervert
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After reoccuring haunts whether to do it now or in 25 years...

After sleepless nights...

The decision has been made...

Prepare ourselves, prepare the bike. Sell everything we have. And off we go.

ETD: october, 2008.

Details will follow. :)

:bounce1:clap:bounce1:clap:bounce1:clap:bounce1:

Selling up :eek: :bow:bow

Blimey, October's not far away.................

Looking forward to hearing all about you plans :)

Andres

Looking forward to this. You'll need a domain name and set up a site to provide regular updates and ensure we are all well informed, updated and envious of your adventures. :thumb2

Wow... so glad I didn't miss this thread...

I'm on the edge of my seat already...:bounce1

Fair Play to both of you...

Really looking forward to the blog..:thumb

No update from us for some time now - been working our arses off: saving, working, saving... The whole summer going to work with a bone-powered bicycle :blast

Now the day has come when we're officially workless and off from our Tallinn's rental flat, to our parent's house :)blast) in the contryside to finalize our preparation and leave around october.

And then off (hopefully!)

So we're already living a nomadic life. No real estate ownerships, loans, kids etc holdig us back. Hopefully it'll come as a pro for our big trip that'll be very budget oriented with higher risks and less comforts (3 or more star hotels won't be in our list).

Good news is we got our car sold:
img241.jpg

Nice and problem-free cage, but pointless to leave it rusting for a few years. The sale gave a notable boost to our budget, so we hope that we won't have to return home before planned time.

And what a joy it is to be w/o a cage: no service/insurance/fuel cost hassle, thieft, crash etc worries. We really start to like the minimalist life. :thumb2

The bike is now our only means of transport. And we shall search for soul-richness rahter than material wealth in the coming days.

Currently we have slightly over a half of the planned budget for the 3-year RTW project together by ourselves and hunting for possible sponsors for the rest. Our project web and blog can be found here:

http://yhelteljel.ee

It's currently all in Estonian, but hopefully will give you some idea.

Currently organizing our bike transport to Buenos Aires and looks like we'll have to ride it to London/Heathrow airport for pickup and crating. We ourselves have to fly from London to Madrid and from there to Buenos Aires to pick up the bike later.

More later and maybe see you on the road!? ;)

Good roads, Margus (& Kariina)

As long as you haven't had to sell your hi-fi :eek: ;)

Andres

That's spot on Andres - that's the only fortune we're keeping :thumb the rest is already sold or given away. No-one takes away my rarity vinyl collection, turntable and tube amp. It's definately a keeper - good to listen and cheer us up when shete or low times are coming :D

Back
Top Bottom