► Fuel efficiency, range and octane questions

Please put me right.
On my 800gs the fuel light comes on the display starts to count up in miles:nenau

New ones do that, suppose it's so that you don't rely on a countdown and run out if it's inaccurate.

I tested the range on my 650 recently.
fuel.jpg

Its so much better than my old bike. It would only just manage to get 300km on 20 litres.

I got back from a small'ish trip in the Balkans a few days ago.

Average use was 3.9l/100km over 9234km. Longest I did on a tank was 450km (15.9l), most of the time I would get ~350km until red light.

On the way there I got off the autobahn in Linz in Austria, and got back on it Innsbruck - except for a few places everything was on B...Z roads.

Absolutely not complaining, this is marvelous.

Casper

I got back from a small'ish trip in the Balkans a few days ago.

Average use was 3.9l/100km over 9234km. Longest I did on a tank was 450km (15.9l), most of the time I would get ~350km until red light.

On the way there I got off the autobahn in Linz in Austria, and got back on it Innsbruck - except for a few places everything was on B...Z roads.

Absolutely not complaining, this is marvelous.

Casper

217 and nearly a half miles to light that's good :thumb2:D

and the longest 450 kilometres = 279.617037 miles with 15.9 litres :eek :eek: was it all down hill :nenau

BTW Its a YELLOW light :D

You must have one of thoes F650GS engines fitted :toungincheek

217 and nearly a half miles to light that's good :thumb2:D

and the longest 450 kilometres = 279.617037 miles with 15.9 litres :eek :eek: was it all down hill :nenau

BTW Its a YELLOW light :D

You must have one of thoes F650GS engines fitted :toungincheek

I just drive very smoothy:thumb, also in these parts of the world you do not drive fast... there is sand in the corners, and you never know what is around the bend...

Casper

Back
Top Bottom