Happy New Year

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
Hola Lads & Ladies,
Thanks for all the replies and the like, sure it just gets better and better. Crossed back into Chile and had probablly the best Christmas since I was a kid at Punta Arenas. A real traditional Chilian Christmas the party started at midnight christmas eve in this old wooden shack with a drink that would knock the back legs off a donkey (the Irish O Higgins connection I guess) and lasted until the next day when christmas lunch was sheep cooked outdoors on a spit. There was about 20 locals and 4 travellers and 4 of the locals where Jockeys all 4ft nothing and let me tell ya them boyos can drink, it ended up like some strange fun filled "Carry On" movie when two Swedish girls arrived, the craic was ninty.
It took two days to recover and then back on the road to El Calafate, Argentina. I had a look at me map and seen what I thought was a shortcut ( the road from HELL ) it was more like a quarry. I was riding me moto like I had me grannie on the back as my ribs are still killing me and I know if I drop it I would not have the strenght to lift it. But I made it through and its still going strong even with an Irish tosser at the controls the Germans know how to build bikes. It was well worth it for El Calafate next morning I was up early and on my way to the Los Glaciares National Park. This place will stay with me for the rest off my life, I sat for hours watching the glacier "Perito Moreno" as it moved, groaned and casted tons of ice into the turquoise waters of Lago Argentino, no words or pictures can express the sheer beauty of nature at work here.
I stayed in the park for a few days and then headed for El Chaiten at the foot of Mount Fitz Roy 200km of crap ripio roads. I am just back from a ride up to Lago del Desieno, Mount Fitz Roy was on my left with clear blue skies no postcard can do justice to this view. At the end of the road was a wee chapel, I parked the bike up and went in, not a sinner inside except me and thank God for my travels so far. I have been to many grand Cathedrals and churchs but this wee chapel has to be the most sipirtual place Ive been to.
A Happy New Year to you all and just to let you know the sun is Beating down outside at the moment so I am a way for a few beers and take in the views, you all enjoy the winter back there:D
on the road
jose

Hey Jose!

Happy new year and good safe travels for 2004 mate! Sure are envious and sounds like a grand place to be instead of lurvely ol'd London innit.

Cheers
:gringo

I'm following this travelogue with bated breath as I'm a friend of Squidbrain ( mick ) and by association ( tho' we've never met ) with Joe too ( NOT to be confused with Joe 90 !! ) .

I'm gobsmacked at how you've managed to get into so much trouble this early on fellas, but am sure you can manage even more serious stuff later !!

Take care you guys, take some pics too and send some home :)

Hasta La Vista

Trouble? No problemo!

What sort of adventure would it be without a few spills and (hopefully non permanent) injuries? I'm sure that with a bit more experience on the loose stuff (and maybe a different front tyre?) my crash rate will drop to a sensible level.

I may be able to post some pictures this evening, as I guy I am travelling with is a tech wizard with a digi camera.

Hasta luego from sunny El Calafate.

Mick :thumb

Back
Top Bottom