► Alternative screen options

Mirage 2

I have the 1200GSA hand guards and extenders fitted. Does anyone know if they are ok with a Mirage 2 screen

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Not sure about the size comparison, but i have BB with the Mirage 2 and had to shorten the left centre attachment (i can't think of a better way to describe it other than not the bar end end?) not because of the screen but because of the bars touching the clocks as the Mirage moves them towards the rider quite a bit.

I also have 20mm risers on too.

I'm thinking this is all jolly hard to describe and probably not making much sense so i'll take some pictures later on.

Best,

S

Mirage 2

Great, and thanks help appreciated. What projection have you got from the handle bars at not the bar end?

Bill

Measured from the bar itself beside the outside edge of the handlebar clamps -

Nearside 70mm
Offside 50mm (this one i cut to fit so not a normal BB size)

Some pics in case -

P6010811.jpg

P6010809.jpg

P6010807.jpg

P6010801.jpg

P6010802.jpg

Full right lock is very tight but even with as much pressure as i can muster (these pics were taken my knee is resting on the opposite end of the bar) it doesn't touch, though you can see the scars on my clocks where i've got this wrong in the past :blast)

Last photo shows the front brake hose. It does touch however the hose is not squeezed and does not cause any braking pressure. My dealer tells me this still qualifies as a foul and therefore MoT failure, so it'll be back to the WRS on that visit!

If there are any further angles / measurements just let me know.

Best,

S

Mirage2

Smythson,

Thanks very much for that, I will measure mine tonight.

Top class help!

thanks again,

Bill

...anyone out there been surprised by touring screens that do not fit the 2013 models but are fine for f 800s up until 2012?
My Cee Baily was fine for my '09, no good for my new lady :eek

Like to know of similar to avoid.

Cheers

I emailed Sportouring.com the Cee Bailey supplier to ask if the existing screen fitted the 2013 model and received this reply;

HTML:
, I have sold them for the new bike and there have been no issues at
all:-)

These have been very popular screens, let me know if you want me to get one
added to the current list in production.

Then I checked the Cee Bailey website again and there is a warning there that they don't fit the new model. I emailed sportouring again but got no reply.

Have a look on Page 2 of this link it is discussed there:

http://f800riders.org/forum/showthr...F800GS-Barkbusters/page2?highlight=cee+bailey

Just to let you know the Touratech "Windscreen BMW F800GS / F650GS (Twin)" just about fits to a 2013 - a couple of the holes are just a few mm out but all screws go in.

It takes the buffeting away from the head from 60mph upwards, which is what I was after....

I've finally found the one for me with the Isotta screen. Couldn't get on with the Metal Mule or the std, but this one is great. Can now ride visor up @ 80+mph with no problem whatsoever. Completely taken away high speed buffeting and noise - really impressed.:thumb2

If I was to pick a fault, it's pretty tall and a little wobbly, but this doesn't bother me. I would be a bit concerned about it surviving a crash on the dirty stuff so I will likely switch back to the original when off-roading.

Update please.

I realise this is now an old thread but can someone give us an update of the best of the best please ?
The last post mentioned Isotta but is there only one model/type ?

That looks good Superted!

Gerry, I had an Isotta which was probably the "best of the rest" until I plucked up the courage to go with the Britannia Com. as Smythson has above.

HTH

Brian

Gerry - I just bought an MRA X-screen attachment for my BMW touring screen. It's made a big difference as it smooths the airflow and prevents the dirty air and turbulence. I'm 6' 2" and have a Rallye seat so I'm up in the clouds! Lots of adjustment and good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gerry,

After a lot of trial and error i use the WRS as a daily as it allows my head to flow in clean air.

I use the Brit Comp when on tour as i tend to do long days and the extra size, although it causes more turbulence, takes all the strain of the neck and shoulders. In addition the high GPS mount is very helpful.

Since the 2012 entry there has also been a new two part screen with a solid base and an adjustable curved top (can't think of the name... long day... brain's going...) that looks pretty good and was reviewed on our forum. I'm sure someone will be along with a link soon.

Best,

S

Thanks for the multiple suggestions. I will check them out but as an OAP with a low budget the Wrs looks good VFM. More food for thought. Cheers again for replies.

Hey guys an Gals just thought I'd bump this rather than posting a new thread,

6'2 2015 F800GS

looking for a screen that I can mount the Nav above the clocks with (just looking at the 4 button cradle for my Nav V) and cut down on the buffeting sounded like I was in a wind tunnel the other day haha

Question is do I try and fit the ADV bar and maybe the puig screen for the ADV

or the stock ADV screen setup?

For those with the 800 adventure whats the stock screen like?

Was also looking at the over the clock mount made in greece don't look to bad a solution anyone running one of those how much do they tend to move around?

or something else really like the luck of the Desertio 3 but looks like its outta stock

For those who have the BMW Touring screen can a BMW 4 button cradle be mounted to the bar or is it no good :)

Many Thanks,

Tom

Hey guys an Gals just thought I'd bump this rather than posting a new thread,

6'2 2015 F800GS

looking for a screen that I can mount the Nav above the clocks with (just looking at the 4 button cradle for my Nav V) and cut down on the buffeting sounded like I was in a wind tunnel the other day haha

Question is do I try and fit the ADV bar and maybe the puig screen for the ADV

or the stock ADV screen setup?

For those with the 800 adventure whats the stock screen like?

Was also looking at the over the clock mount made in greece don't look to bad a solution anyone running one of those how much do they tend to move around?

or something else really like the luck of the Desertio 3 but looks like its outta stock

For those who have the BMW Touring screen can a BMW 4 button cradle be mounted to the bar or is it no good :)

Many Thanks,

Tom

I got rid of the stock Adv screen right away as not good for me. Went for the PUIG which was better but not brilliant.
I find that a different screen gets rid of an issue and and gives you another one. Not going down the route again of spending lots of money on screens to find a better one like i did on my old 1150GS.

Back
Top Bottom