Friday Night offroad at HOGRAOST 2008

Just follow these panniers (photo borrowed from Pumpy)
322701439_rZFVY-L.jpg

I'm going around with the lights off to make it more interesting :cool:

Yes but no but, you see but- you like a proper off road geezer init, wid dem nobbly tings on like. And besides right, yeh- you gonna be going quick like and I is not gonna follow is it?........:rolleyes:

hi clive,

if your not already full for this, then count me in to!

if those purple tracks are the ones i'm thinking off (just east of netheravon) we are going to have a cracking ride!:D

hopefully see you friday,

nathan

An 11 mile loop

this looks like it's just south of me in Everleigh - all pretty easy and firm around there.

I'm sure Bakerman will be aware of this, but there's been a lot of tank and artillery activity around here over night the last few nights - I'm not sure how long its going to go on for but I think they are kind of north west of that area ish... shouldnt really make much difference, but I thought you might like to know.

if your not already full for this, then count me in to!

if those purple tracks are the ones i'm thinking off (just east of netheravon) we are going to have a cracking ride!:D

hopefully see you friday,
Full? - I've no idea what that means :)

On the map image I posted earlier in the thread - the yellow bits are the easy stone ones as shown in post 2

If we manage to get away from the Rugby club on time at 9.30pm then I'd imagine we'd have time for a loop before it gets too dark. Then another loop in the dark.

If everyone is still happy after that then we can have a go at some slightly trickier ones (the purple tracks) as shown in post 4 and post 5

The waypoints I have marked as "BAD" are just a reminder for me to remind everyone to go careful there due to softer ground/huge puddles/washout hazards :eek:

And besides right, yeh- you gonna be going quick like and I is not gonna follow is it?
Bakerman asked me to route it for the novice GS trail-rider - so I have :)

The easy stuff is easy, even on Tourances and probably even if it rains, since the main route isn't chalk - in the dry/daylight you could go around at 60mph, if you didn't mind exceeding the marked 30mph speed limit :augie

I'm happy to go around at the speed of the slowest novice rider, stopping whenever required - it's about doing something a bit different; trail-riding in the dark; rather than having people break anything :rob

Of course, once we have been around a couple of times, and people have sussed where the potholes are - we can attempt a midnight 20min lap :thumb

Bakerman asked me to route it for the novice GS trail-rider - so I have :)

The easy stuff is easy, even on Tourances and probably even if it rains, since the main route isn't chalk - in the dry/daylight you could go around at 60mph, if you didn't mind exceeding the marked 30mph speed limit :augie

I'm happy to go around at the speed of the slowest novice rider, stopping whenever required - it's about doing something a bit different; trail-riding in the dark; rather than having people break anything :rob

Of course, once we have been around a couple of times, and people have sussed where the potholes are - we can attempt a midnight 20min lap :thumb

......hmmm.....looks like broken ribs again.......:blast

:D

Meh! :(

Just put tourances back on my bike as my front nobly was bad for road use, had too many chunks out of it.

BUT im sure it will just make it more fun. :D

I guess so - I've never been out on the bike in the rain - do bits dissolve?

Dunno, have you ever tried riding your bike through a ford to find out?:hide

Well i guess it depends if its a nice hard ford or a promiscuous one!

its been nice and dry here for the last 36 hours or so, so you shouldnt have any problems... plus the boys in green seem to have packed up and disappeared for the weekend so you shouldnt get any popping up in front of you

I've got some bits and pieces to do here still, but I might pootle down the road and find you guys later... keep an eye out for a Honda XR250 Baja... that'll be me :D

I'm not sure where Clive is thinking of for water hazzards, but there's a nice ford the other side of the 338 - not sure I'd take a GS through though, not without a snorkel!

Back
Top Bottom