EEE PC 900 Portable Solid State Laptop

Daft question because I don't know much about computers -

I really like the idea of one of these smaller laptops and was wondering, how do the pages of sites like this appear on these small screens?
Do you always have to scroll across to see the full page or does it all fit in ok?

There is some scrolling as you cannot get the resolution to take it all in but thats a price to pay for a small screen I'm afraid -

Its livable with though for the size - the other thing to take into account is the size of the power pack, both the NC10 and Acer 0ne have small packs so they are not a problem

I've just ordered one for my sons birthday (to keep him off my Assus eepc):blast

The cheapest I could find was Dixons using the 2 discount codes NET5 and SALE25 which brought it down to £287 delivered

Follow this link then click on Samsung Netbooks.

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/edi...ardware/?int=hp-topnav-computers-laptops-pdas

Choose your colour then click buy. Once on the next screen add the codes pressing the update after each code and it should bring it down to £287 with free p&p Depending which way you navigate the site it seems quirky and adds Anti virus bundle or doesn't accept the codes however if you follow the above it seems to work with all colours so my lad has a Blue for boys one on its way:)

AndyT

PS I still want to know where you can get them for £240:tears

AndyT

Nice one......Did all that, and got one for £287 with free P&P......:clap :thumb2 :)

Just got an Eee PC 901 GO off eBay, s/h, only 3 weeks old - unwanted Chrimbo pressy.

16gb SSD C drive - 5 hour battery - WIFI - £200 delivered! What a cracking bit of kit - just gotta learn how to drive it properly!!

I'm going to set up a WIFI router - still in the Dark Ages here, with a wired one at the moment.

Mike

well iv done it

just had the eepc901 delivered, is this thing powered by nuclear? battery goes on and on,just about to trash it and put windows on, did i understand that the 16gb drive is slower than the 4gb , i bought it with linux on, looked to be a better bargain,
ive also got to master nlite, anybody got any tips?
running linux looks like you cant run various apps like i tunes.
regards Paul

just had the eepc901 delivered, is this thing powered by nuclear? battery goes on and on,just about to trash it and put windows on, did i understand that the 16gb drive is slower than the 4gb , i bought it with linux on, looked to be a better bargain,
regards Paul

Linux won't run iTunes ;)

Mate of mine bought Aspire1 for his wife :jibber to 'Facebook' on (WTF) and was bemoaning the fact that she can't do her toons on it

regards Paul
Yup the access speed on the smaller drive is quicker.

Tips? Forget about iTunes and load Ubuntu in place of Xandros. I assume this is not your only computer so why not think outside the box? :thumb2

Hi All
Found this on Ebay for all you that are worried about storage! :D

64 GB SSD :drool

Tempted by 901 and the 1000 :green gri Life's just to complicated!! :D

Scuba

tempting ,but not..

You dont really need this 64gig hard drive, you can plug in any remote usb hard drive, or even use a 64 gig usb pen drive.
i have put most of my progs on and still have 12 gig free.(20gigmachine)
Its only lots of music and dvd's which take up the space, and i have a ipod for the tunes.
Also i have a 8 gig sdhc card on its way for £24, so now i will have 28gigs of space,and solid state, plenty..you can put various progs onto different 8 gig sd cards and just change them at will.if you need to.
regards PAul

I've got a EE 901 with Linux on - 8 hours on the battery.
Minor problems - spellchecking on StarOffice and dropping connections.
If you get stuck, the answer to everything is here:

http://wiki.eeeuser.com/

Just back from Europe and took my Asus (£150 from Carphone wharehaouse) and it was superb. Really light to carry around, charges up quickly, a couply of hours on battery.....only issue was dropping connections now and again so I'll look into the site you posted for some advice on how to deal with that.

Biggest problem was prizing it out of my sons hands once he was yacking to his friends on MSN with the webcam on full tilt;)

Anyone tried charging one direct from the GS power outlet as they are both 12V:rolleyes:

AndyT

Just got an EEE PC 900 almost new for £90... :JB

It's brilliant :thumb2 even if I do have to use Windows :blast

Back
Top Bottom