Alternative Ideas For Saturday

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Feedback from a poll in the pub got me thinking about things that folk not interested in going on the Road Run/Offroad Run on the Saturday might be interested in doing.

The wee market town of Kirriemuir is worth stopping off at. There is a good Ice cream cafe in the town square called Vissochi's and almost directly behind this is a plaque to the memory of AC/DC's Bon Scott.

90766160_Mc63k-XL.jpg

He's one of the town's favourite sons along with the author J.M. Barrie of Peter Pan fame. There is a small aviation museum in the town as well as a Camera Obscura. The nearby towns of Blairgowrie, Brechin and Forfar are linked to Glen Clova by decent GSing roads.

The cities of Dundee and Perth are both within easy distance for any shopaholics.

The town of St Andrews is an easy run from the hotel. It's on the other side of the Tay Bridge from Dundee. Lot's of really good pubs, shops, buildings and history. You could easily spend all day there without getting bored.

Another Idea

...staying at the hotel and getting blootered :thumb

Other nice spots in the area if you like this sort of thing

Glamis Castle - approx 19 miles from Glen Clova Hotel (and 5 miles from Kirriemuir for ACDC fans) - well worth a look round and a fantastic Pub in the Centre of Glamis village for bar lunch is the Strathmore Arms (often gets full so be prepared).

A bit further away (60 miles from the Clova Hotel) is Blair Atholl. This is home to the last private Army in the UK (Possibly Europe) and again very impressive and worth a visit and low and Behold there is a great pub there too the Atholl Arms Hotel.

See you all there

AndyT:thumb2

Attachments

• glamis.jpg
    glamis.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 117
  • blair atholl.jpg
    blair atholl.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 115
Ive booked on a lounger on the front lawn of the hotel where I will be reading the newspapers, having a few Pimms or Pimmses, and topping up on my suntan for the holidays.

The Royal Highland Show

I've just noticed for anyone is interested that the Royal Highland show is on from 19th -22nd June at Inglston just outside Edinburgh. Its the biggest type of Country Show in Scotland with 1000 Exhibitors and 4000 animals taing part. They are expecting 150,000 people over the weekend if it is of interest to anyone.

Its about 80 Miles from Glen Clova and a nice ride through Fife to get you there.

http://www.royalhighlandshow.org/

AndyT:cool:

Back
Top Bottom