BMW Atlantis 3 Gear

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is this gear any good.........as practical biking gear..?

I need some new gear for 2004 and fancy the Atlantis suit or maybe Atlantis trousers with a Tourguard/Streetguard jacket.......will it work.
How waterproof is the leather.........do you need the Goretex liners..........are they a pain to fit & wear?
Not interested in Savanna/Rallye as I already have Goretex enduro gear.
Any tips appreciated.................

Can't beat Rukka gear, had a jacket & trouses for over 5 years, excellent, a tad warm in the middle of the summer in Europe but then most things are.

Gary.

would 2nd the recommendation on rukka. get the armacor stuff and its as tough as leather.

Atlantis Gear

I have just been given an Atlantis 3 jacket by BMW (I had a zip failure on my Atlantis 2) and have bought the trousers as my 2's are looking a little too scruffy to wear in meetings at work now.

I can see little difference between the 2 and 3 (mainly cut on the jacket plus zippered vents). I have worn the Atlantis 2 stuff for 2 years and 56k.

Emma has a set as well. We wore them when we spent a month camping in Norway (inc Nordkapp), and we wore them again for a month in Spain & Morocco (both trips in May/June).

Used for my 100 mile daily commute all year round (although I have just bought a Yoko jacket to accomodate my heated vest for the very worst winter weather).

Cant fault them (although we did both get ours very cheap - about half price). The only thing I cannot recommend them for at this moment is crash protection, 'cause I havent crashed in them yet.

Gary Simon said:
Can't beat Rukka gear, had a jacket & trouses for over 5 years, excellent, a tad warm in the middle of the summer in Europe but then most things are.

Gary.

Thanks Guys.............
I already have Rukka R-Tech Goretex Jacket and Trousers and it's going into it's 6th year and looking a bit tatty after 75,000 miles in it.
It's absolutely waterproof and is as tough as old boots...........however I need to get another suit and fancy some BMW kit.................
Rod...........I know GSA rider Micky Wheeler swears by Atlantis Suits and is onto his second and he must have done 150,000 miles in his 2 suits by now..............so I was just after a few alternative opinions on this particular suit............
Anyway I 've purchased the Atlantis 3 trousers from Rainbow BMW yesterday,in their Jan sale..........because they had 30% off ..........which made them a very reasonable £240 and Shaun said he'd sort out a deal on a Jacket of some description..............when I pick the new GSA up in March 2004.........so I was wondering.........Atlantis 3 jacket......Tourguard or Streetguard............?????????

My IAM Observer Martin Walton has an atlantis 3 suit and when wev'e been out in pissing rain and I have my rain gear on he just has this on and is bone dry, he swears by it.

If its 30% off that makes it affordable, last time I looked itwas about £800 for the suit with the Goretex bits.

Back
Top Bottom