H1, and H7 HID kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Interested in the HID kit - and then there was light! Being a bit cack handed how easy is it to install the full kit please?
Thanks
Phil

easy as pie, they plug into the existing wiring without cutting or splicing. Simple really.

Best to dry fit them first, and once your happy you have it all correct, then you cut a small hole into the plastic cap that goes over your bulbs, there is a bung in the kit to make it all nice and pretty again. This hole allows for the wiring to come out to the ballast and back in again to the bulb.

According to your profile you have a 1150, if thats correct then you can copy my install with a H1 kit. Let me know if you need any more info.

Fitted at last!!

Finally fitted the kit this morning. No issues with the canbus, no warnings, just sheer brilliant light. So bright, they were lighting the roadsigns up in broad daylight!

Easy to fit with the new 1200, too - on the RHS of the petrol tank is a proper holder ready to take two ballasts secured with tie-wraps. Wiring run is a touch tight on the main beam, but can be done if you're careful where you route the wires.

Excellent! Thanks, zero!
:) :)

WOO HOO!!!!! :eek:onyack

You have just made me a happy man!!!!! :aidan

Glad your chuffed with them, I am on my 1150GSA for sure.

Your very welcome littleredrooster, it was a pleasure.

Best get back to work...... :augie

Just to clarify on pricing....

H1 and H7 kits at £100 for 2 ballast including bulbs, mounting bolts, cable ties etc. If you want a half kit.... then its £60.

H4 High/Low kits are £120 and include as above plus a wiring harness designed for cars where both ballasts are required.

Delivery is around £7.50 for recorded first class.

I usually post next working day however sometimes I work away for a few days a month but items would be posted immediatly on my return.

I bought a pair of H1 kits from Germany (35watts) for 38 euros incl P&P and am well pleased with them - and the money that I have saved!

Do HID systems suffer bulb failure like regular bulbs sometimes/eventually fail?
:rolleyes

There is no filament in a HID bulb so their life expectancy is huge!!!

Far greater life expectance than a normal bulb, far brighter than a normal bulb and uses less power than a normal bulb. Fantastic eh?

:aidan

Would be interested in a kit for an 1150GS but as i haven't got a clue what 'PM me for details' means, guess i shall be stumped for a little while. Hope you can Help.
Learnt a lot about what i don't know on my few visits to the forum so what is a canbus connection, why so called, is it a BW only thing?

You cant PM because your not a paid up UKGSer/tosser yet.

failing that you can email me, denny_den_den [at] hotmail.com

There isnt any CANBUS to worry about on the 1150, its nice and easy to install. CANBUS is on a small number of bikes, and a few cars, Vauxhall also use it along with a few others.

If you had a 1200 it would be a issue but not on the 1150

These lights work with CANBUS anyways, so no problem even if you did have a 1200.

Finally fitted the kit this morning. No issues with the canbus, no warnings, just sheer brilliant light. So bright, they were lighting the roadsigns up in broad daylight!

Easy to fit with the new 1200, too - on the RHS of the petrol tank is a proper holder ready to take two ballasts secured with tie-wraps. Wiring run is a touch tight on the main beam, but can be done if you're careful where you route the wires.

Excellent! Thanks, zero!
:) :)

Got any picture of the ballast loation?. Been looking on my 08 GSA but can't find anything that looks like what you are referring to ...:nenau

Got any picture of the ballast loation?. Been looking on my 08 GSA but can't find anything that looks like what you are referring to ...:nenau

Ah! GSA! It might not have my secret hidey-hole 'cos it's got a big tank, innit?

I'll do some piccies as soon as I get a chance.

hid kit

hiya...got an 1150 gs in dire need of better lighting...I ride/commute all year round so want to upgrade before winter....think its h 1 bulb...but I want to do both main and dipped, cost and directions of how to pay etc please...ta.

Ballast Location

Well - that didn't take long, did it? I promised weeks ago to post some piccies of the '08 1200GS with Zero's ballasts fitted, and finally here they are:

Attachments

• bike1_small.JPG
    bike1_small.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,123
  • bike2_small.JPG
    bike2_small.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,121
Do HID systems suffer bulb failure like regular bulbs sometimes/eventually fail?
:rolleyes

I fitted my kit to the 1200 in June 05, bike is May 05 one of the first kits from
Hids4u/us or some ut:augie dip lasted 19000miles:D and that was with a lot of bumpy stuff too...

I would think you should get alot more that that out of a HID bulb.

With no filament it shouldnt matter if its bumpy, unless something damaged one of the components.

Cant really comment on HID4u kits, its it a old style thick ballast?

There is no filament in a HID bulb so their life expectancy is huge!!!

Far greater life expectance than a normal bulb, far brighter than a normal bulb and uses less power than a normal bulb. Fantastic eh?

:aidan
What about heat?
A more powerful filament bulb obviously produces more heat, which can damage reflectors and lenses.
Is that also a possible issue with HIDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom