Best, most comfortable GORE TEX boots!

Bill

Reaction score
What in your humble opinion(s) are the best make of gore tex motorcycle boots?:confused:

For me, it's got to be Daytona, the only boots I've ever owned that I can honestly say are 100% waterproof. They're also warm and comfortable.

...........without a shadow of doubt it has to be "Daytona's"..I ride all year round and have done so for a number of years and the only "true" waterproof boots I have found to be these, cost a bit but can be resoled and "tarted "up again by the manufacture as new again when needed :D

To give you something else to consider:

hgboot1.jpg

I have had these from Hein-Gericke for about a year now, and I'm happy with 'm. Waterproof, sturdy and comfortable.

Cost me 210 euros.

Cheers,
Michel

Boots

I agree with Wreford - I bought some Altbergs last year at Beaulieu and they remain very comfortable and waterproof .
Excellent VFM.

Steady Eddie

I agree with migsel
I've been in water up to my calf on a few occasions and no leakage. and they keep your feet cool in summer and warm in winter

Daytona`s for me too, have had mine for years and have never leaked. I also use a pair of high leg Matterhorns too (lace up boots) which I managed to get from a US service PX cheap (they are about £250 over here) but ideal for the GS.

Definately Daytonas.

Any of the Gore-Tex ones will do.
I've used mine for 50,000 miles+ and they're still going strong :)

Daytona far and away the best. Had mine for 2 years now, fitted perfectly straight from the box and have become even better since! If they ever wear out (which is looking unlikely, since you can get 'em repaired by the factory) I would definitely buy another pair

Altberg's

Mt Altberg Clubman Classic's are Gore tex and are really comfortable £120 and were made to fit my feet.

You have to go to the factory though and see the very nice lady who will measure you up and if they have a standard size that fits ok then you can ride off with them, if not they will make some to fit you.

Its a nice ride up, to Richmond, lunch then ride home thruogh the dales.

SO where can I buy these marvellous Daytonas - is there a shop in central London that stocks them?

I am sure you cant get them in Spain, at least not easily. WIll be in LOndon mid Feb so that sounds the ideal time.

cheers

Spanish Bob said:
SO where can I buy these marvellous Daytonas - is there a shop in central London that stocks them?

I am sure you cant get them in Spain, at least not easily. WIll be in LOndon mid Feb so that sounds the ideal time.

Daytona is a German firm. I have their Highway boots. Used in all weathers for 8 years and about 60k miles. Just about due a refurbishment as the soles are wearing.Website in English here.

They have worldwide distribution. Spanish dealer is:
On Two Wheels Moto Fashion SL (all products)
Avda. Francesc Macia 16, E-08400 Granollers (Barcelona), Spain
Phone: 0034 93 879 51 12, Fax: 0034 93 879 44 62

Bucking the trend

Ive got some Oxtars, last years model and36000 miles later never leak and very comfortable, The new ones "Titianium" are suppsed to be just as good .Oxtar make boots for lots of other companys apparantly, and have gone down ther own brand route.
£80 well spent
Pete A

Re: Altberg's

Jimb said:
You have to go to the factory though and see the very nice lady who will measure you up and if they have a standard size that fits ok then you can ride off with them, if not they will make some to fit you.

I was happy with my Daytonas (I second all the above comments on them), but needed a second pair of boots and thought I'd try Altberg (buy British & all that). Having feet by Sasquatch, I needed them to be made to measure. As I was in the area, I went to the factory in early November, got measured by the nice man (clearly the lady's day off). All was fine until he started talking about delivery dates.... End of February....:eek:

I understand that this lead time is not unusual (I think Yosi told me he had a similar experience). The date was not a player, so Daytona got my business again.

Mike:)

Daytona outstanding.
One minor point, cos they are such a comfortable fit (like walking in a pair of shoes) dont get too snug a fit.
1. Cos they seem to stay the same size and dont sort of bed in.
2. If you have to heave them on, constant use can tear the Gortex liner.
Worth paying the dosh for!
My 2 penneth worth ;)

Anything with Goretex...

just make sure they fit well. If you've got any pinch points the Goretex membrane won't function correctly and you could get leakage straight away (unlikely) or over time as the membrane wears (more likely).
I use Gericke's for the winter, 2 sizes too big and wear a couple of pairs of thick socks with 'em. Never had cold feet with this set up.
Also bear in mind the outer leather isn't waterproof and will absorb water, although this won't permeate the Goretex liner. Try Nickwax, spray on stuff that repels water from the surface. You can use it on boots, gloves, jackets...pretty much everything. Just make sure you don't get any on the palms of your gloves or you won't be able to twist the throttle or on the ar*e of your trousers or you'll end up sitting on the tank every time you brake.

Cheers Jim

wessie said:
Daytona is a German firm. I have their Highway boots. Used in all weathers for 8 years and about 60k miles. Just about due a refurbishment as the soles are wearing.Website in English here.

They have worldwide distribution. Spanish dealer is:
On Two Wheels Moto Fashion SL (all products)
Avda. Francesc Macia 16, E-08400 Granollers (Barcelona), Spain
Phone: 0034 93 879 51 12, Fax: 0034 93 879 44 62

cheers for that wessie - what I really meant to say was that if I find someone who sells them, they´´l have in stock 30% of the models and 50% of the sizes and :GS:GS:GS:GSall over size 43. thanks anyway.-

Back
Top Bottom