New Harley

I've often wondered just what the Road King/Glides are like to ride. I've thought about hiring one for a day or two just to see for myself.

The riding position feels very natural once you get used to foot boards. The bike feels long to start with but it has amazing low speed stability.

However I just can't quite bring myself to swap the touring bike (1200 RT) for one just yet

For covering long distances over varied terrian without a doubt your RT and my GS are much better bikes that the Glides. It's such a different ride(and that's the appeal for me) the word that springs to mind is "relaxed"

I was treated to the whole Harley Dealership experience.

I do think BMW could learn a few things from Harley marketing.
First service is free. In the 883 Harley offer an affordable step onto the Harley ladder. Something like 70% of Dyna/softail/tourer owners started on a Sportster and stuck with the brand.

The Harley I'm trading in is 5 years old and cost £9700 when new, I'm getting £6500 as a trade in on the StreetGlide. My GS is 2 years old and cost approx £9700, I recently enquired about a trade in on a new 12ADV and lets just say I was offered less than £6500.

I'm aware you either "get" Harley or you don't. I am a GSer who also rides a Harley

Stumpy

Lots of sense to what you say there Stumpy.

Perhaps I ought to hire that Harley sooner rather than later...

Having just got my new Thruxton (See separate thread) I'm starting to think there may be something to this whole "Retro" affair.

:D

i'm getting worried now.
recently to my great suprise, i noticed i'm wearing suede shoes and M+S jeans.
o.k - i have reached a "certain age" - but....

i'm finding myself drawn to Harleys! :eek:
the one featured here in particular. :eek:
thinking;
ooh, that'd be nice. carries a load, enough grunt/torque to satisfy, is laid back and relaxed etc etc.

am i having a mid life crisis? - i've already got a motorbike. :blast
maybe this deserves a thread all of its own :confused:

Help! :eek

Not a Harley

:bounce1I had a middle age crisis as well but avoided the Harley route:augie

http://

I see that Steve Rose of BIKE is running a Street Glide as his Long term test bike this year. I think it was second hand but only a year or so old.

Thus far he seems to be well impressed.

Picked her up today:D

Off to "The Blue Oyster Bar":ymca this pm

Back rest comes off, Detachable tourpack(top box) arriving next week

Its great

Came home to the news that Fiona is buying the bike for my birthday next week I'm gob smacked and for once lost for words

Stumpy

320855930_WbRko-L.jpg

320855945_9wR7u-L.jpg

Its great

Came home to the news that Fiona is buying the bike for my birthday next week I'm gob smacked and for once lost for words

Stumpy

320855930_WbRko-L.jpg

320855945_9wR7u-L.jpg

Oh ****,I quite like that.

Are the panniers waterproof ?

I had a test ride of one of these a couple of years back and apart from the aftermarket pipes that gave me a skudding headache I really liked it and will own one, one of these.

I'm a big fan of V-twins have a Buell M2 as well anf think the grunt and shove out of corners on low revs is fantastic :)

Its great

Stumpy

320855930_WbRko-L.jpg

320855945_9wR7u-L.jpg

Cor Stumpy you'll end up with an Electraglide Ultra Classic before you know it!

Simon

Have heard HD riders say pretty much the same thing about BMW riders!:augie

very true,but I don't go round with a load of GS guys wearing matching pristine Twat Suits.

The local HD mafia all wear gay gear that they think makes them look cool,but they look fcuking stupid,with the cut down denim jacket and "HOG" emblazoned on the back.

Nice bikes (some,like Stump's) but why so much lifestyle bullshit to go with it ?

So,Stumps,how much crap can the panniers hold and do they leak ?

The panniers are not huge(which is why I have ordered detachable tour pack) I reckon I could get a weekends kits for one person in them.

I was out this afternoon in some pretty heavy rain came home and left the bike parked up outside in the rain for 30 mins then hosed it off and put it away. Inside of the panniers where bone dry. Rubber seals on the lids and clip/hinge system that seems to keep the lids quite tight.

Stumpy

Back
Top Bottom