Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aerostich or Rallye Jacket and Jeans?

Read what the TT people wear when going to exotic places?

BM Suit - Savanna / Santiago / Tw@ and then quick dry t-shirt, fleece, goretex inner and waterproof outer if it's really bad IIRC.

Plenty of thin layers and a jacket / trousers that allow some breeze through without opening zips. Worked for me 2 years ago going to / coming back from the Garmisch biker meeting. Rain one day hot and sunny the rest, especially on the Stelvio etc

Navigator
    So whos going to be wearing leather?
    Remember that stuff made from cows bottoms

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Pah! Wear the 'Stich Tom.

Why?

'Cos it's got loads of vents and if it's reeeeeeely hot, just fill the pockets with ice. It evaporates as you ride so you stay cool. That's what I used to do when I rode back from London in the summer. Call in via the offie, fill the pockets with ice and ride off with in-built aircon.
    Musings on bikes, nice watches and general arse over at : http://mmcmusings.com/

Deleted Member I
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Pah! Wear the 'Stich Tom.

Why?

'Cos it's got loads of vents and if it's reeeeeeely hot, just fill the pockets with ice. It evaporates as you ride so you stay cool. That's what I used to do when I rode back from London in the summer. Call in via the offie, fill the pockets with ice and ride off with in-built aircon.
    That's a sensible suggestion

I'd go with the Stich personally, open the vents and wear light gear and a pair of shorts underneath, works brilliantly and if it starts to rain your sorted just by closing the vents rather than pulling rain gear on.

stich

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'd go with the Stich personally, open the vents and wear light gear and a pair of shorts underneath, works brilliantly and if it starts to rain your sorted just by closing the vents rather than pulling rain gear on.
    And bring a camelback or similar water pack on your back...worked a treat for me.

Of course I am also the guy who rode to Wadi Rum with handlebar muffs so I may not be a good guide!

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'd go with the Stich personally, open the vents and wear light gear and a pair of shorts underneath, works brilliantly
    Yep, T shirt and shorts underneth the stich. Then straight off when ever stopping for coffee while everyone else is sitting around uncomfortable in their sweaty trouuusers
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Stitch is not too hot.

Just back form 4 days round Phoenix, Flagstaff and the Grand canyon.

40'c and dry as

Aerostich with all vents open, wear a camel back and drink plenty AND the secret weapon...

Aerostich "Evap-O-Danna" kinda black fleece neck thang. Soak it in water, place some ice cubes through middle and enjoy air conditioning.

I wore Rohan T shirt that was brill - wash each night and dries overnight (well at 28'c at night it would !) and gets soaked by evaporama.

In Morocco at 45'c I was too cold - as long as I kept moving.

Only down side is that when you take off the stich at coffee breaks your shorts look like you've pee'd yersen!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Not decided on what to wear for the holiday.
    Oh you rich southern people

Jeans and a T-shirt for me !

Moved House yesterday, can find bugger all and we leave Friday !!

Got the key to the bike ... so good to go !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    I am taking my tosser suit but have never had it in the rain so don't know how waterproof it is. Any tosser suited people out there who can comment?
    But the most important thing I am bringing is a heated Jacket. never leave home without it.
    Did 1500 miles through France 2 weeks ago mainly in pouring rain wearing my tosser suit.
    With the lining in, stayed warm & dry inside. When the sun did occasionally come out, I just removed the waterproof liners and enjoyed the airflow through the vents.

Deleted Member I
    I think I am going to play it safe and use both.

Aerostich on the way down with Jeans and Rallye 2 in the pannier. Then swap over when I get to Italy ...

07875 304772
    Dainese jacket and trousers.. alpinestars over jacket just in case... jacket linings in until we hit the warm front....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12