Aerostich or Rallye Jacket and Jeans?

• Thread starter Deleted Member I
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted Member I

Not decided on what to wear for the holiday. :rolleyes:

Aerostich - great for protecting from the unpredictable weather BUT completely crap for hot weather.

Rallye 2 jacket and jeans - should be better for the hot weather ... not sure how uncomfortable it will be when it rains :nenau

What are people wearing?

Also .. what gloves do you wear in the rain? My waterproof gloves are Winter gloves so I am not taking them. Just planning to use my aerostich gloves in the rain, as they are cheap and old.

Bike Wear

I'm taking a pair of HG Toureg bike trousers that have a long zip with mesh behind on each side and zip off lower leg. A Teknic Mesh jacket and waterproofs to go over jacket and trousers. I've also bought a Shark Evoline Helmet to use instead of my Arai Tour X. So fingers crossed. :thumb2

I got big black plastic hand guards to keet the rain off my gloves. They seem to work pretty well. Long as you don't stop. :thumb1200GS
I am taking my tosser suit but have never had it in the rain so don't know how waterproof it is.:nenau Any tosser suited people out there who can comment?
But the most important thing I am bringing is a heated Jacket.:clap:clap:clap never leave home without it.

oh what am I going to wear will it clash with my eyes what will people think will I be the odd one out?????

:ymca:ymca:ymca

:D

First thing that comes to hand always works for me:thumb

edit just seen this pic:blast

309302057_Aq2uQ-L.jpg

Not decided on what to wear for the holiday. :rolleyes:

Aerostich - great for protecting from the unpredictable weather BUT completely crap for hot weather.

Rallye 2 jacket and jeans - should be better for the hot weather ... not sure how uncomfortable it will be when it rains :nenau

What are people wearing?

Also .. what gloves do you wear in the rain? My waterproof gloves are Winter gloves so I am not taking them. Just planning to use my aerostich gloves in the rain, as they are cheap and old.

Tom, don't wear one of them aeorstich things.. they're crap and look terrible...

I'll give you £100 for it ;)

I've been following the 10 day weather forecast and the way it looks at the moment is cool and wet early, then getting warmer and dryer later. There seems to be a chance of thunderstorms throughout. I realise that this is of no help whatsoever in choosing your clothing :)
I think winter gear and heated jackets would likely be overkill.
I've ridden in mountain thunderstorms before and whatever you wear, you'll eventually end up soaked after an hour in a serious downpour. Fortunately you can dry out quickly without freezing too.

HG Tuareg pants too!
HG waterproof-armoured jacket.
Full condom type 1 piece waterproofs for bad downpours, not pretty but effective.
2 visors, clear & dark.
2 pairs of gloves! If it's raining I put my winter gloves on then I can use the dry pair the following day.

Tom, don't wear one of them aeorstich things.. they're crap and look terrible...

I'll give you £100 for it ;)

Just did a 9000 mile trip to the Middle East wearing my Aerostich 2 piece and

-it wur great
-I looked like a God :augie

Simon

Oh god kill me now!

What a bunch of pansy sniffing big girls blouses!

have you remembered your nivia and sun block? and don't forget to exfoliate!

still, I guess we are going to Italy, where fashion is king (or queen)

lucky none of us will fit in :D

What a bunch of pansy sniffing big girls blouses!

have you remembered your nivia and sun block? and don't forget to exfoliate!

still, I guess we are going to Italy, where fashion is king (or queen)

lucky none of us will fit in :D

I almost knocked myself out with dehydration riding in my stich round rimini last year .. don't really want to do that again.

Read what the TT people wear when going to exotic places?

BM Suit - Savanna / Santiago / Tw@ and then quick dry t-shirt, fleece, goretex inner and waterproof outer if it's really bad IIRC.

Plenty of thin layers and a jacket / trousers that allow some breeze through without opening zips. Worked for me 2 years ago going to / coming back from the Garmisch biker meeting. Rain one day :tears hot and sunny the rest, especially on the Stelvio etc :)

So whos going to be wearing leather? :confused:
Remember that stuff made from cows bottoms:eek:

Pah! Wear the 'Stich Tom. :D

Why?

'Cos it's got loads of vents and if it's reeeeeeely hot, just fill the pockets with ice. It evaporates as you ride so you stay cool. That's what I used to do when I rode back from London in the summer. Call in via the offie, fill the pockets with ice and ride off with in-built aircon. :thumb

Pah! Wear the 'Stich Tom. :D

Why?

'Cos it's got loads of vents and if it's reeeeeeely hot, just fill the pockets with ice. It evaporates as you ride so you stay cool. That's what I used to do when I rode back from London in the summer. Call in via the offie, fill the pockets with ice and ride off with in-built aircon. :thumb

That's a sensible suggestion :thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom