82nd BRUSSELS INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW 2004

Foto John

Reaction score
Is anybody on here going to the Auto>Moto>Salon (car & motorcycle show) at Brussels Expo?
I shall be going, not sure yet what day though, it's open to the public from thursday 15/1 to and including sunday 25/1.
Entry fee is 10 euros per adult and 5 euros for children between 6 and 12, under 6's are free.
There are two halls for motorcycles (No. 11 & 12) BMW will be there amongst all the other manufacturers and there will also be lots of trade stands, full of motorcycle related merchandise for you and the bike etc.
Full details are in the january edition of Motoren & Tourisme for Dutch speakers or the French edition for Richie!
Why don't we get a group of us to all go together on the same day! There's a discount for a group of 10 people, of 50 euros, ie. 5 euros each!
If anybody's interested please let me know, via this thread please or e-mail, I'll more than likely be going on a week day, though we'll see what the response is like.
Just to clear any confution, I won't be traveling on my bike due to my injured shoulder, but may be going via car or on the train.
We'll arrange to meet outside somewhere.
John

Hi Johnny, sorry I can't go as I'll be in Thailand, or at least I will be if the frigging flights sort themselves out.
No I am not on holiday but on another diving course...
Well kind of a holiday then....

I won't make it across, but doesn't 10€ sound a reasonable price to see bikes dislayed rather than the rip-off to go to the NEC?

In reality these shows should be free, THEY want to sell you a bike fer chrissakes!

I'll probably be going on either Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th. I need to check with a mate of mine. If the weather is reasonable I'll be on the bike - normally the traffic and the parking is manic so the bike gets through it whilst the cars queue and queue and queue . :D The downside is the halls tend to be really warm and staggering around in bike gear gets a bit uncomfortable but I'll be there for sure .
I may be able to get some free tickets so if I can I'll send you a message John.
Cheers
Gecko

I'm probably going with my brother in law, but not during the weekend. It's usually so crowded it's no fun any more.

So if I'm going it will be on a Friday I think.

Who knows, maybe we'll all be surprised by the new 1200 there!

Gecko, if you have plenty of free tickets, I can always relieve you of one or two :D

Cheers,
Michel

Cheers Gecko,
I'll probably be going on a weekday, for the exact same reason as MiGSel, if anybody fancies going on friday 16th, I shall get the drinks in, as it's my birthday on the 17th.
I'll probably be going on the train due to my shoulder and the special deal they're doing with NMBS.
John

MiGSel said:
I'm probably going with my brother in law, but not during the weekend. It's usually so crowded it's no fun any more.

So if I'm going it will be on a Friday I think.

Who knows, maybe we'll all be surprised by the new 1200 there!

Gecko, if you have plenty of free tickets, I can always relieve you of one or two :D

Cheers,
Michel

I don't think they show the 1200GS before they've showed it to their dealers at the end of the month..

Mike Werner said:
I don't think they show the 1200GS before they've showed it to their dealers at the end of the month..
Me neither, but we can always hope ;)

They have done it before, an unannounced new model presentation in Brussels. And as the launch at the dealers is planned for March...

Yup - this is true , they did it with the R1150RT a couple of years ago.....so take you cameras guys :D

I'll see if I can get any tickets - no promises but if I don't ask I won't get any for sure .

Does anybody know what day they are going on yet?
It looks like I'm going on monday 19th, (according to the wife) maybe I've got a thousand euros from my birthday to spend there?:D NOT:rolleyes: !

John/MiGSel :
It's still probably this weekend for me. I will know about free tickets - or not - tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if I can get any and drop you both a message .
Cheers
Gecko

I may be going on Saturday too.
Despite the crowd... It's not really worth taking a day off.
A few friends of mine are going, so I'll join them i think, and go look for the new toy :D
I hope to post a bunch of 1200 pics next Sunday...

I am now going to see about getting some time off work to be able to go on Friday. A mate of mine has got us 2 tickets already so I'll be finding out about some for you guys tomorrow. If I can't get time off I'll meet you there on Saturday .

I'm now going Friday afternoon . I have some holiday left over from last year so I ahve to use it somehow. Bad news is I haven't been able to find any free tickets but as a tip my mate got us 2 by just going to his local garage and asking them . He got 2 free passes which the car dealers have for customers. It might be worth a try if you know any friendly dealers in your neighbourhood.

I'm still not 100% sure when we're going, SHMBO now tells me, that due to her commitements with the Red Cross it'll probably be next wednesday when we can go. Though I'm hoping for this friday too!
Not really worth me getting free tickets as the railway has a very good offer, especially from the coast, return from Blankenberge, including Metro transfers, entrance and program 19 euros :D ! Can't complain about that, saves the petrol costs, getting stuck on the E40 and the Ring, parking etc. :)
Hope to see some of you there :cool:
John

Back
Top Bottom