Normandy to Lisbon

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am planning to go with a mate and our wifes from Normandy to Lisbon.

Are there any places I should go to or avoid en route. Am planning to go via Bordeaux, then cross the mountains on the west and then head for Portugal. So any hints are welcome.

Can't go off road since my mate rides a 2 wheeled limo (ie an LT).

Route

did similar 2 years ago only from santander to evora. thru the picos down to Braganca then down to castelo branca, nice ride but some crap roads. Made more interesting by just following a standard streetpilot with no autorouting. Nice ride Mike but got to say there didn't seem to be an abundance of Hotels but just makes it more interesting rather than having everything pre planned. I will see if I can find our old route down there.

I assume you`re heading towards Pau then over the Pyranees through Pamplona rather than the coast road. (or similar)
I`d head acroos towards Leon and over the Asturias towards Santiago. You`re basically following the Camion de Santiago and very nice it is too.
Once you`ve reached Santiago area go south either by coast or through the hills a bit inland.
I land in Santander mid May and I`ve got two weeks to play around. Just cant make my mind up which way to go as I`m spoilt for choice...Picos and West coast or criss cross the Pyranees to Barcelona. An embarresment of riches.

Sounds good. I'd try to go the ocean route. Guess that what the ladies would expect.

Back
Top Bottom