Wirral/Cheshire Lanes?

AxeGrinder

Reaction score
I am about to get out my OS/mem map and have a look about for lanes on the Wirral, and nearby in Cheshire, for quick evening stretches...

Does anybody in the area know of any that I should know about ;)

I am about to get out my OS/mem map and have a look about for lanes on the Wirral, and nearby in Cheshire, for quick evening stretches...

Cheshire is a dry zone fella. I think there are 4 lanes and they are really short so not worth doing. If ya do find anything let me know, but the ramblers have had their way me thinks :mcgun:mcgun:mcgun

Get in touch with Timpo and think about joining one of his next rides he's from your neck of the woods . Also KTM525 takes a few of the lads on here out occasionally but often on the bigger bikes and its usually the Peak district area.:thumb2

Hi AxeGrinder I live on the Wirral myself, but there is nothing noteable to mention as far as the roads are concerned - there all a bit too short. Nice place to live though. I tend to get out for short runs (100 miles approx) into North Wales (20 minutes away) or Cumbria (1 hour away). The Cheshire lanes are another alternative - some good runs there into Staffordshire as a good alternative to the M6 if you know were they are. Do you ever get over to the Tap at Eastham Ferry?:beerjug:

Hi J

I do get over to the Tap...live in Wallasey Vge.

I have gone thru the Wirral pretty thoroughly with Memory Map, and can't really find anything more than 1/2 mile long...although I've tried to join them together in a loop...still pretty cruddy tho.

I've been out to Wales many times in my Landy, and know some lanes out there...I will be takin the Dak soon...I've just finished the 1st phase of paint job, and got back on the road on Monday night...so ready to rock!

Also have an XR...it's great for Vauxhalls...do you know the place?

Went out with skygod, flipfly and a bunch o gr8 lads from peaks about a month ago now...had a blast...1st time laning on the Dak...10hours!

Anyhoo...let me know when yer likely to be at Tap, or if yer off out laning...would love to join you.

:beerjug:

Ian

Hi Axegrinder.
There are a few lanes on Wirral but nothing that will bring on a sweat, and I have done them on my GSA, so they must be easy....:augie. School Lane in Hinderton is probably the longest.
Going slightly further into Cheshire, there is Kingswood Avenue in Saughall and a few other byways towards Farndon, Newcastleton and Malpas. Again though quite easy due to the large number of equestrian users pressuring the CCC into stringent maintenance regimes.
Failing that, from Mold there is a great network of routes, all county roads apart from one. The loop can get you up to 125 mile in a day.
I'll have a run out that way in a week or two so keep an eye out for the ad on here.

As for Vauxhalls or Boostins Woods as it is known locally, if the Coppers stop you there, you could be in hot water. Also there are some serious theiving scrotes that frequent the place so be carefull that your not followed home, or the bike will go.

Timpo.

As for Vauxhalls or Boostins Woods as it is known locally, if the Coppers stop you there, you could be in hot water. Also there are some serious theiving scrotes that frequent the place so be carefull that your not followed home, or the bike will go.

Yes do take Timpo's advice and stay away from Boostins Woods - thats not the place to go. I frequent the TAP occasionally, so I may see there.:thumb2

Hi J

I do get over to the Tap...live in Wallasey Vge.

I have gone thru the Wirral pretty thoroughly with Memory Map, and can't really find anything more than 1/2 mile long...although I've tried to join them together in a loop...still pretty cruddy tho.

I've been out to Wales many times in my Landy, and know some lanes out there...I will be takin the Dak soon...I've just finished the 1st phase of paint job, and got back on the road on Monday night...so ready to rock!

Also have an XR...it's great for Vauxhalls...do you know the place?

Went out with skygod, flipfly and a bunch o gr8 lads from peaks about a month ago now...had a blast...1st time laning on the Dak...10hours!

Anyhoo...let me know when yer likely to be at Tap, or if yer off out laning...would love to join you.

:beerjug:

Ian

Glad you enjoyed it . I thought you did very well.
Richard (KTM 400)

Glad you enjoyed it . I thought you did very well.
Richard (KTM 400)

I truly had a great day Richard, :D...I was very impressed by yourself, and a couple of the other fellas out that day, and of course the lanes! I can't wait to get out with you lot again soon :bounce1

Over the last two weeks, I've bought a compessor and spray gun, taught my self a bit about painting, and given the dak a new look...no stickers...all paint!

Once my new bits arrive from TT...I'll be back in the Peaks!

I've been down at Boostins quite a few times...and I've seen the police down there, having a look, when the place had had quite a few bikes about, and they did nothing more than have a good look, and then get off on their way again...as for the less desirable characters...when I've trailered my bike there, I've parked the car well down the road away from the larger gatherings, and had no problems...I think it's a great place to practice due to the varied terrain and these days, now I don't have to trailer a KX250 there, all my gear is with with me on my back...not taken the Dak there (yet), but the XR is great fun...I've just got to figure out how to get around that sand burm without burying the front! (the KX just flew round it due to the front getting so light:spitfire) I will make a mental note of the not to be followed home bit tho...I've got a lot of bikes in my garage! (Fortunatley, a year or so ago, the plod put a CCTV camera right outside it...so it is actually pretty secure:D)

Anyhow...J...now you know what my bike looks like, so come n say hello if you see it at the Tap.

Timpo...as soon as my parts arrive from TT (I've been told this week...but from what I've heard about them, that could be a stretch) I'd love to join you on one of your rides...I'm sure I've done most of the trails your talking about around Mold/Corwen etc.. in my Landy...but not taken a bike out there yet. [edit] what am I talking about...I've got a perfectly good honda to go out on...and my Supertrapp finally arrived from US so I can go anytime!

Cheers for the input fellas :thumb

:beerjug::D

Attachments

• Dakar.jpg
    Dakar.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 169
Can someone remind me when the Tap meet is please? When I'm back ridin' I'll give it a shout, cheers!:beerjug:

Can someone remind me when the Tap meet is please? When I'm back ridin' I'll give it a shout, cheers!:beerjug:

Every Sunday, only really busy if the weather is nice.

Beware of Mr Policeman and his friend Radar Gun on the road down to it :thumb

Back
Top Bottom