Caberg Justissimo GT with Bluetooth

TimC1

Reaction score
After long deliberations I finally decided to buy a Caberg Justissimo GT Helmet and a Justspeak Bluetooth headset kit, searching through the net I decided to purchase from Lings who were offering free delivery. I ordered the helmet and headset as separate items but if you phone them on 01379 851091 I believe they will fit it in the helmet for you. Fitting the headset took about 20 Minutes and was quite simple after reading the instructions, the fiddliest bit being the connection of the ribbon cable from the buttons to the electronic module, there being no way to tell which way round it should go.
The next job was to turn it on and pair it with my TomTom Rider 1 GPS, One of the reasons I took so long to buy a Bluetooth helmet was because I could not find out with any certainty whether it would work with a GPS in fact the instructions that came with the Justspeak set do not make any mention of GPS at all, it lists Pairing with phones, with another helmet and with an MP3 reader (?) but not GPS. Deciphering the menus for the two buttons on the side of the helmet took a while, but eventually I worked out that you Press and hold the down button for about 4 seconds to turn the unit on and holding the button down for a further 7 seconds will put it in pairing mode. The first attempt failed, the second attempt showed the headset on the TomTom screen but failed to connect, third time it worked. I then turned on my phone and using the GPS to dial the number I made a phone call to try it out and it worked fine with plenty of volume (LOUD).
Today is the first chance to try it out on the road. Initially I had a problem connecting it to the GPS but then I realised that I had paired it to my phone the other night when I thought I might be going out locally without the GPS, by deleting the pairing in my phone everything connected up without any more problems. Because it’s a new helmet and quite tight I started off without any earplugs on my 1100 GS with the standard screen it was quite noisy, for the return journey I put in earplugs and it was actually quite comfortable and quiet, the headset volume was set at 65% and was very clear.
Overall I’m very pleased with my purchase its comfortable, quiet (with earplugs) and it works without any phaphing about with cables.
http://www.lings.com/lingscentralAp...205154d69745&gclid=CNWU-6iC95MCFQHklAod8BKIVg

Thanks for the review, I have been considering this but haven't made the decision yet because I couldn't find out if it would work with a Tomtom Rider 1.
Now I know that it can, I think I will probably go ahead.

Can you tell me where the microphone is fitted? I have a Scala Rider Q but on a flip front the microphone can't be positioned far enough forward to be of any use.

The mike is held in place by a retaining clip that is screwed to a small brass boss moulded into the helmet. There is a fair amount of adjustment available but the best position should be at the corner of your mouth.

I've got the said caberg helmet and have been toying with getting some sort of comms for it - I want something to work with my phone and zumo...is the caberg bluetooth the best (and cheapest) option or would one of the autocom gizmos be a better buy?

The Justspeak system is designed to fit in the GT helmet, there are cutouts in the foam shell and a place to mount the buttons. For me it meant having an integrated setup without any cables. I haven't yet received any calls whilst riding (Timnomates:() so I can't say how well the mike works at speed.

An update on this helmet, I have now received several calls on my phone whilst riding the bike and I can say that it works really well. In fact when I'm on the Serow I've turned the volume down because it is too loud.

I have the same helmet in Blue and especially liked the integrated sun visor, however I now have had the helmet about 8 months and the sun visor is becoming sticky.

I find the helmet comfortable but need ear plugs for any distance work.

As for coms, I use the autocom unit with boom mike. A little messing around to get it fitted but it works as well as my old laser flip front and OK if you don't mind cables.

My missus has got an arai flip and that is really nice to and a good alternative although I have been speaking to some friends and the Schuberth seems to come out on top of all flip up lids.

Just a thought to share.

Caberg blutetooth system

I bought identical helmet 6 months ago & fitted bluetooth system.
Got it to talk to my phone, but not my satnav or mp3 player.
Piece of undeveloped shit. (This is the correct technical term)

On top of that the fitment problems are worse.
One has to take helmet straps under cheekpads because speakers go in original holes.

Cheekpads now fall off on a daily basis because both buttons will not engage due to strap position, & the strap pops the other one off.

Some research & development done there.

They neither tested either fitment of compatability.

Ears were heavily pinched by speakers.
I had to trim back of speaker foams to alleviate this nip (At top only.)

How would I rate the bluetooth system out of 10? Minus 8.

Myke

caberg just speak

Hi everyone ive been lurking for a while and thought its time to get involved. Found the site to be excellent and full of great info and wanted to comment on the Caberg just speak bluetooth system that i just received and fitted to my justissmo GT. I found the fitting to be quite easy following the instructions and managed to get all the clips and pads back in their original place. I do agree with Timc1 it can be a pain to actually pair it up with your phone/GPS but it did eventually after about an hour of trying but maybe thats just me . Im using a Tom Tom Rider 1
so to some it up at the moment its all good::thumb2 . watch this space

Caberg Bluetooth installation

Yes, you get all the pops back in place, where they no longer fit properly, but for how long?
Watch this space. Just comment when the first cheekpad falls off of it's own accord. (Within a week if it is anything like mine)
Find below a description of how to install bluetooth system. It provides all the information not included in the manual.
Myke

Attachments

• Caberg.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 810
None of the bits have fallen off mine yet and I've had it for nearly a year. By the way I've just found out I can stream stereo music from my phone:D,handy when I'm delivering the papers in the morning.

Caberg® Just Speak Bluetooth-kit & Garmin Zumo 660

Does anyone know if the combination Caberg Just Speak Bluetooth-kit & Garmin Zumo 660 works ok?

Hi guys, interesting thread, I know its a bit old.........but....... just purchased a Justissimo GT with 'Just speak' bluetooth kit & I am having a few probs getting music into the system.........I have got the phone working to receive calls, but would like to be able to listen to a few sounds while touring, phone is a Sony Ericsson W595 & is A2DP compatible apparently.......... if this isnt compatible in your experience, do any of you have any solutions as to anything that does work with this helmet setup???..... many thanx in advance guys.

ps..... will also be pairing a Tomtom rider v2 to it soon.......

:beerjug:

waddy47

After long deliberations I finally decided to buy a Caberg Justissimo GT Helmet and a Justspeak Bluetooth headset kit, searching through the net I decided to purchase from Lings who were offering free delivery. I ordered the helmet and headset as separate items but if you phone them on 01379 851091 I believe they will fit it in the helmet for you. Fitting the headset took about 20 Minutes and was quite simple after reading the instructions, the fiddliest bit being the connection of the ribbon cable from the buttons to the electronic module, there being no way to tell which way round it should go.
The next job was to turn it on and pair it with my TomTom Rider 1 GPS, One of the reasons I took so long to buy a Bluetooth helmet was because I could not find out with any certainty whether it would work with a GPS in fact the instructions that came with the Justspeak set do not make any mention of GPS at all, it lists Pairing with phones, with another helmet and with an MP3 reader (?) but not GPS. Deciphering the menus for the two buttons on the side of the helmet took a while, but eventually I worked out that you Press and hold the down button for about 4 seconds to turn the unit on and holding the button down for a further 7 seconds will put it in pairing mode. The first attempt failed, the second attempt showed the headset on the TomTom screen but failed to connect, third time it worked. I then turned on my phone and using the GPS to dial the number I made a phone call to try it out and it worked fine with plenty of volume (LOUD).
Today is the first chance to try it out on the road. Initially I had a problem connecting it to the GPS but then I realised that I had paired it to my phone the other night when I thought I might be going out locally without the GPS, by deleting the pairing in my phone everything connected up without any more problems. Because it’s a new helmet and quite tight I started off without any earplugs on my 1100 GS with the standard screen it was quite noisy, for the return journey I put in earplugs and it was actually quite comfortable and quiet, the headset volume was set at 65% and was very clear.
Overall I’m very pleased with my purchase its comfortable, quiet (with earplugs) and it works without any phaphing about with cables.
http://www.lings.com/lingscentralAp...205154d69745&gclid=CNWU-6iC95MCFQHklAod8BKIVg

I have just fit the just speak system, and am experiencing a lot of buzzing when switched on, is this normal or have I a problem with the fitting.
regards

Caberg Helmet

My Caberg Sintesi Works fine with the Sat Nav and Phone,
but seems to buzz when talking to the pillion who has a Caberg Justimmo

Im having trouble connecting with my Go Live tom tom that i use in my car.
Is the just speak system compatible with any sat nav or indeed any tom tom or does the system need to be a tom tom rider??:confused:

My Caberg Sintesi Works fine with the Sat Nav and Phone,
but seems to buzz when talking to the pillion who has a Caberg Justimmo

Hi a pal and I have just got caberg sintesi and just speak(black) we can get the zumo 550 and phone to work but cant get the rider to rider to work any help or tips guys.

I have just purchased 2 Caberg Sintesi's with just speak - no problems with fitting bits to the helmet - and have paired with I phone allright - but I am hoping to hire a TOMTOM Rider 2 and would like to know if anyone has used these together?

The intercom between my wifes and mine is not brilliant at 70mph + it seems distorted?

Havent got it to match with my sony MP3 player yet?

Going to the South of France via the west coast

Dont want to hire it the day before we go to France and find it wont connect - wont have time to send it back before we come back from hols!

Any advice ??

Back
Top Bottom