Romania !!!!!!

dazzer

Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Romania !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER EVER AGAIN

:eek:

Doesn't look like Dazzer is going to be very forthcoming Ugg.

I'm also just back from there so if I can help in any way pls just ask.:jibber

The worst road condition's to be found in europe,
and by far the worst driver's of any country I have riden in, including africa.

I just did not enjoy it.
there are plenty of other countries in europe with much the same to see, but without having to put up with the road's and manic dangerous driving.

other's may enjoy Romaina, but it's not a country I will be revisiting:cool:

I've driven through in a truck... Right about some of the driving standards (including my own, I did manage to take down some banner that was strung across the road). Some of the vehicles were in a shocking state, with some of the trucks in an unbelievable state. Also passed the scene of a collision between a truck and a train.

Having said that, if my better half would give me a pass-out I'd love to go and explore on my bike. Met some great people over there. Food was basic, but the beer was cold and it took all night to drink the bar dry! Not sure what goes into the local hooch (soika or similar) but it burned with a steady blue flame and would work an MSR stove!

what sort of touraine wer ye traveling through, wer heading towards brasov..to find vlad's castle:eek:

ugg

When yer going? I fancy that meself. Been toying with doing the Dracula rally since I read about it last year or so.

I've driven through in a truck... Right about some of the driving standards (including my own, I did manage to take down some banner that was strung across the road). Some of the vehicles were in a shocking state, with some of the trucks in an unbelievable state. Also passed the scene of a collision between a truck and a train.

Having said that, if my better half would give me a pass-out I'd love to go and explore on my bike. Met some great people over there. Food was basic, but the beer was cold and it took all night to drink the bar dry! Not sure what goes into the local hooch (soika or similar) but it burned with a steady blue flame and would work an MSR stove!

wer gona sample the local brew in bulgaria "rakia" firewater:eek:
ye can feel the burn rite down ye throat to ye chest...90% proof ..probably run the GS on it:D

ugg

Expect the unexpected around every corner.
Zillions of speed traps in the villages who target the foreign plated vehicles.
DON'T use the Sibiu to Arad main highway under any circumstances.
Have a great time :bounce1

Expect the unexpected around every corner.
Zillions of speed traps in the villages who target the foreign plated vehicles.
DON'T use the Sibiu to Arad main highway under any circumstances.
Have a great time :bounce1

have planned the E68 to the E81 to bucharesti after popin in to brasov.. this is the main highway...bugger
any sujested other route to get to Brasov?

never been there, never want to go there.

My German colleagues think I'm mental to ever having considered bringing my bike there :blast

have planned the E68 to the E81 to bucharesti after popin in to brasov.. this is the main highway...bugger
any sujested other route to get to Brasov?

due to the lack of motorways in Romania most road's are very busy with large wagons.
we even tried to take the back road's,that was untill a car overtook us entering a village while we were slowing down because of the cow's in the road.
he carried onpast the 2 car's infront of us,and it seemed did not see the cow's till he was about 15 feet fromthem,by the time he hit his brake's it was to late .he hit the back of the cow,the car spun off the road and turned onto it roof,due to the very deep ditch's at the side of the road
the cow looked like both it's back leg's were smashed.
we pulled.overbut the car's infront of us and the one's behind just carried on:eek:

The Place is F-ing Mad.

good luck to all who enjoy the country.
There are other countries in europe that have more to offer,with out the constant danger of binning the bike because of the road condition's or being taken out by the worst driver's in europe.

Sounds interesting!

Sounds like a regular day in Turkey......You are right, if you don't like the conditions find somewhere else.

To be honest I am Originally from Romania and last year I went home for the first time in 15 years and I was shocked with the Drivers and the state of the Roads :eek:
My Holiday only last 24h and I come back home in England
In my way back I was all most eated bay the lose Dogs which are every where in the roads during the night:eek:

Never again:rolleyes: but I have to go back in August for my sister wedding:D

So if any one wants a real adventure join me on 22th of August:aidan

Back
Top Bottom