Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italia 08 - The Aftermath!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Gadget View Post
    Hi Paul, The Exon Valdeze and I Stayed with Seamus & Sue and met up with Graham & mark at a petrol station, and I was persuaded along with everybody else to go to Ypres before we boarded the 6.35pm Ferry. It was certainly a holiday to remember thanks to your great organisational skills Paul, but God was I tired at work today.One upshot was that riding the bike today without all the luggage was a real treat, and a couple of Supermoto's were surprised when I shot past them and stayed ahead.

Cheers Paul and to all the other Tossers who were such great company.

Ken.
    Great to hear you made it back!

As we waited at the ferry and you did a no show, we just couldn't believe you'd get lost - especially with all the sat navs perched on the bars

Good to meet you and the EV

Stevo & Haych

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

A few more pics

Great photos Phil, here are some I took with my phone.

At Dover, delay probably to do with docking rights for the Exxon Valdeze

Home for the next 8 nights

Nancey ready for the off !

Team briefing LOL !!

Camping Lake Como

Evening in Como

Road to Pisa - Bar Oasi's Lucky day !!

Mark making a mess again !

Lunch on the road to Pisa

Mark striking a Gipo pose !! lol

Rome Culture Vulture tour ! Stemo leading the way !!

Pretty alleyways

Top Italia web site !

Exxon V looking majestic !

Bryn going for an Up Skirt special !

Culture Vultures !

Into the Alps !

Top of Stevio Pass and met up with fellow GS'er Deer Hunter, hope you had a safe trip home !

THE PASS !

Last Night camping in Germany.

Navigator
    Well I thought it was a great trip. Blasted lots of cobwebs away.
    It was so nice to get back to work and sort out all the panics that obviously nobody else was capable of sorting.

Reminded me about how crap at packing I am. Still the table came in useful.
    Memo to self. Remember to bring wallet with me and not leave it in England. Money helps. Still my culinary skills have improved but one or two others may disagree.

I would like to say a really big thank you to Paul for all the trouble he went to organising this.
    Having done same but different before I know the amount of work that goes into this sort of thing. For me it was nice to be able to turn up and not worry about anything (cept money DOH)
    So twas only a couple of days ago but seems like a lifetime. I will also try to sort out some pictures but I got fed up in the end and left the camera in the case most of the time.

PS the sheep worked really really really well. Hopefully catch up with some of you at Bryns do as I have been given permission to play.

Deleted Member I
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    So Tom, the big question is did you make it home in time to get your laundry done?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

What a shock

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/l...h/P1010286.jpg

Well after sitting here admiring my manly outline for a while, it suddenly hit me.....look at my wrists, they're nearly as high as my shoulders..then look at Steve's and see how much lower they are.

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/l...h/P1010285.jpg.

I wondered why sometimes I was getting pins and needles on the tour.

So that's what I've been doing this afternoon,finding all the hidden screws and dismantling the Switchgear, and turning the bars round, but Boy does it feel strange.but one thing I've noticed is when I'm pushing it into the garage it doesn't feel like I'm pushing my Big brothers bike around, you know the one with the handlebars above your neck. I reckon Steptoe will feel the benefit as well when he pushes it down his drive to his garage.

Jaycee
    I have a favour to ask. I was initially interested in joining the tour and seperating from the group to stay in Bergamo on the outskirts of Milan, and then joining up again for the ride home. Unfortunately, as there was no sign of the right bike coming into my possession when the 'final numbers' 24th February meeting came around, I had to withdraw from the trip.

I've now bought an RT and my girlfriend and I will be heading for Italy soon. I would be extremely grateful if someone would be willing to give me the Zumo routing for the trip, which I can amend to end up in Bergamo. Of course I could always input Bergamo into the Zumo and follow whatever route it presents me with, but I'm sure there were one or two roads/routes on Italia 2008 which were chosen based on previous experience, am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    I've now bought an RT and my girlfriend and I will be heading for Italy soon. I would be extremely grateful if someone would be willing to give me the Zumo routing for the trip, which I can amend to end up in Bergamo. Of course I could always input Bergamo into the Zumo and follow whatever route it presents me with, but I'm sure there were one or two roads/routes on Italia 2008 which were chosen based on previous experience, am I correct?

Thanks in advance.
    Jaycee, we didn't stick to the route 100%.
    Any of the previous posted routes would be a good guide.
    On reflection, if I were do to this trip again I would spend more time in Como and miss out Venice, but that's just me.

Check out my day-by-day report of the trip here.

As a 1st time camper I can recommend the Nancy & Como campsites.

Jaycee
    Thanks, I hadn't noticed that thread, very useful.

Any of the previous posted routes would be a good guide.
    I'll have a look around for these.

Thinking about it, I don't think any routes were posted.

I think the files were too big to post on the site so Paul e-mailed them to us.

If you were a subscribed member I could pm you my e-mail address but I'm not going to post it here! (spybots).
    If you want to tell me your e-mail address I'll post the route to you.

Jaycee
    Thanks for the offer, but as the site won't allow editing after a certain length of time, (in order to post and then remove my email address later) I don't feel comfortable doing that either.

However, I've gained quite a lot of info from your ride report, thanks. Obviously I'd like to experience the Stelvio Pass but it's not really on the route to or from Bergamo, however a simple detour to the North East passing Davos and Zurich and joining back up with the outbound route at Basle will tick that box.

Deleted Member I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but as the site won't allow editing after a certain length of time, (in order to post and then remove my email address later) I don't feel comfortable doing that either.

However, I've gained quite a lot of info from your ride report, thanks. Obviously I'd like to experience the Stelvio Pass but it's not really on the route to or from Bergamo, however a simple detour to the North East passing Davos and Zurich and joining back up with the outbound route at Basle will tick that box.

Get Ł12 out of your wallet and you can send PMs for a whole year

cool pics and report,thank you,
    now, i'm dreaming riding there,
    24days left to ride there..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12